1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The “give me Harden over FVV” takes are embarrassing

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by JW86, Oct 24, 2024 at 5:07 AM.

1. JW86

JW86 Member

So I’ve already seen the breakdowns going as far as saying FVV was a mistake again, Harden is much better than our current offense, produces better than FVV yada yada. It is funny on a night where he actually lost, but that’s besides the point. I am as disgusted and disappointed with the loss as much as the next guy, but FVV was brought here to bring an attitude, leadership, willingness to teach the young kids and be a mentor as well as take a backseat.

Harden was NEVER going to be that guy, because he still wants to contend right now, as he ****ing should! So stop with the dumb takes, Harden was never going to come here and FVV is just fine for what he was supposed to bring. He’s not called for Steady Freddy for nothing. Last season even with all the horrible shooting nights, he brought a calmness, timely shots like in this game, assisted on a lot of baskets and put guys in the right spots.

Sure, those early threes were infuriating, but that seems to be our strategy. Everyone is taking them, Green, Jabari, Brooks and also FVV. So stop putting that on him too. He was never brought in for his scoring and excellent shooting, he’s been up and down and very streaky even during the 2019 play-offs. Had they not made the conference finals or the finals in 2019 he would’ve been seen as one of the key underperformers, but he did show up in the end and got that trophy. He’s also been an All-Star and has had explosive nights.

So can we all just stop with this since it doesn’t help to embrace this team fully as FVV still has a role to fulfill and the negativity just seeps through everything. I don’t think people realize how much he brings, but a night without him and starting Amen / Reed next to Green against the better teams in the league would likely open some eyes. I’m all for eventually phasing him out sort of speak, relegating him to a bench veteran leader role, but not right now. Regardless, the point is he’s here to stay for now so let’s root for him and not bring up Harden every single time he’s off, alright?

Ramo$e, Stephen_A, DVauthrin and 3 others like this.
  2. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

If we use money to reach a conclusion I'd much rather pay James 42Ms over FVV -- James wouldnt allow youngsters to run wild throwing up grenades plus James probably wins that game for us from the free throw line last night.

amaru, hajkov, eliefor3 and 7 others like this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Harden > FVV

I would take Harden any time.

hajkov, Joe Rocket, eliefor3 and 6 others like this.
  4. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Fred makes nothing in Rockets so far.

hajkov, Jontro, Sonicbun8 and 2 others like this.
  5. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

What's embarrasing is that you just wrote a paragraph saying you'd rather pay somebody $42mil for 14/6/4 than somebody $33 mil for 29/12/8. Do you understand numbers or are you too busy ranting and calling people with more intelligence embarrassing?

hajkov, eliefor3, Jontro and 4 others like this.
  6. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

James gets paid $33mil this year, almost double Fred's production for 9 mil less. And this guy thinks other people have embarrassing takes? LOL :rolleyes:o_O

7. dobro1229

dobro1229 Member

Harden is objectively better. FVV is objectively better FOR THE ROCKETS.

Assuming your goal is to eventually compete for a championship. FVV all day every day for this group.

8. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

James and Sengun would break PNR metrics

amaru, PeterKingX and Dobbizzle like this.
  9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And we'd have somebody in the organisation who knows how to run an offense. A real one, not just a basic screen and a chucked 3, or a DHO and drive into traffic, or a basic post up. We play offense like somebody playing 2k on rookie for the first time 10 years ago.

10. bustamove

bustamove Member

HDS

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Sengun might actually make an ASG this season if Harden was here, and the Rockets would be playoff bound for sure

freaking Zubac dropped 21 points last night a lot of it off of creation from Harden…imagine what Sengun would average

Jalen Green isn’t launching 15 threes with Harden here either…Harden would have him running the floor in transition and cutting to the rim for layups off his dimes…I bet u Jalen’s efficiency noticeably increases

Amen alley oops all day and easy finds in transition as well

Ime needs all the public assistance in the world when it comes to his offense

y’all overrate tf out of FVV

Harden is better and more impactful, and it’s not even close

12. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

And Beard would do it cheaper. But we're embarrassing? Nah, OP's more of a clown than Dillon Brooks and Jabroni were in that game last night.

13. Reeko

Reeko Member

I forgot Harden is making less than Frederick

so cheaper, better, and more impactful

Lmao, what are we even talking about here?

b-b-but Freddy does things that don’t show up in the box score…MFer, will he guide us to the playoffs or even play-in? Will he make everybody more efficient? I know Harden will

people forget that before Jalen blew up at the end of last season and the Rockets went on that win streak, we were on a 37 win pace captained by FVV

Dobbizzle and Sonicbun8 like this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

"They don't call him Steady Freddy for nothing" lmao, mu****er actually wrote that ****. You know what they don't call him? One of the greatest offensive players of all time. James would unlock this squad and teach Ime that if you've already got a good defense, adding a real offense will win you a **** ton of ****ing games.

PeterKingX and Sonicbun8 like this.
  15. Reeko

Reeko Member

Eventually compete for a championship? These dudes won’t even make the playoffs in the near future with an offense this weak and uninspired

How are u gonna compete for a championship with no playoff experience and never playing in meaningful games? All these dudes are learning terrible habits

and FVV’s stats in the playoffs make Harden look like Cleveland Bron

Dobbizzle likes this.
  16. Reeko

Reeko Member

Steady Freddy basically shot us out the game for the 1st 3.5 quarters

Joe Rocket, PeterKingX and Dobbizzle like this.
  17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

FVV - 14/6/4 $42million a year
    Harden - 29/12/8 $33 Million a year

Them: "StEaDy FReDdy Is ObJecTivELy bEtTa 4 dA RoCKetZ... HaNd mE dAt PiPE!"

Joe Rocket likes this.
  18. harold bingo

harold bingo Efficiency Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't disagree with anything you wrote here, but I expect Sengun make the ASG this season regardless. It will be pretty disappointing if he doesn't.

19. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I think the reason a lot of people didn't want Harden back was not due to basketball reasons. He just had too much control over personnel moves last go around (which killed our championship window) and the way he left left a bad taste in people's mouths. He has pouted and left BK and Philly so far already.

highpost1388 likes this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Leading our youth to ASG appearances and actual playoff contention will wash a bad taste away quicker than medicated mouthwash. And he's cheaper than the current scrub running the show. We'd save nearly 10 mil we could use to pay an offensive coordinator so we wouldn't look like we don't know how to play on that end of the court...