1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets Transactions: What’s next?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Oct 21, 2024.

1. HealthyHamstring

No stars on the market for a trade and both Jalen and Sengun locked up, what is the next major transactional question for the Rockets?

Referencing Yozzi’s tweet from above about us being “right at the luxury tax line” and us wanting to set our cap up for the future, I think all signs point to Houston SERIOUSLY contemplating moving Dillon Brooks in the ‘24-‘25 season.

What would we prioritize in a Dillon Brooks trade? Considering the stability of the future depth chart, our desire to trade for a star in the future and Tillman’s cheapness, I think Houston will heavily prioritize draft capital for Brooks.

I expect us to move off of Brooks this season if we can land a 1st Round Pick that’s not in 2025.

Is next something smaller like moving Tate, Jeff or Landale? Or is it something more down the line like figuring out what FVV and Adams futures are?

saleem and sirjesse like this.
  2. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

After extending Alpi and Jalen, I agree with you about DB. His contract makes him VERY tradeable. If Tari and Amen step up this year, DB won't make it past the trade deadline. Othewise, Rockets will probably keep him the entire season.

I think it's possible the Rockets consider moving Cam and/or Jabari if they don't level up this year and DB remains on the team.

Tate and Landale don't amount to a hill of beans. Couldn't care less what the Rockets do with them.

hajkov, napalm06 and kspires999 like this.
  3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Hold Brooks until we can trade for impact 4. Everything else is good.

4. ApolloRLB

ApolloRLB Member

Wait for Phoenix to reset and trade for Booker sometime between now and 2026 trade deadline.

5. HealthyHamstring

good point about Amen and Tari here, their development along with Cam and Jabari to a lesser extent, will determine if we can even afford to trade Dillon

6. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Trade Jabari before he finds out we ain't gonna offer shet and begins to pout.

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Bima said they can re-negotiate for Fred now if they decide to bind him to the franchise.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Centers are more useful to any team.

Tate is mostly useful on a contender, he would wither away on a mediocre or bad team.

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I'll make one correction: I definitely care about Landale if Steven Adams doesn't hold up.

If a "contender" actually needs Tate as a rotation player, they probably aren't a contender. He's not worth a dime in Russian rubles as a player.

GotGame15 likes this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Well, yeah, he is a PJ Tucker light with more playmaking and slightly more Offense.

He doesn't make any sense on the Rockets, that is all. Just as Eric Gordon was not making sense for 2 years Rafael kept him.

• If you want to tell me, he is a marginal NBA player, I am definitely agreeing but he is still a decent player in Europe.....

• We are all just acknowledging NBA is the true league but what goes beyond the NBA still has value.

glimmertwins likes this.
  11. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

I actually think Tate would be a b*stard in a 10 minute role on a playoff team. Guy has a nose for the ball and can defend his ass off.

Zen Tabak, topfive, Scarface and 2 others like this.
  12. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

We are in prime position to trade for the next disgruntled superstar. So I'd keep an eye out this entire to see which is the next superteam to implode.

More likely -
    Suns (Booker)
    Pelicans (Zion)
    Bucks (Giannis)
    More unlikely -

ramotadab and Y2JT like this.
  13. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Booker is not yet a superstar and Zion is an inconsistent star player at best. Inconsistent is that he is not going to play a lot of games.

Giannis is the only one, and GSW, Mavericks, Lakers etc are after him.....

ramotadab likes this.
  14. Clutch City1993

Clutch City1993 Bury Me In The H
    Supporting Member

please no Zion

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Celtics and Nuggets were both interested in acquiring him last season. The calibre of player you're describing is available for the minimum on any day of the regular season. He's obviously better than that if the last two NBA champions were interested in trading for him.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  16. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

Brooks could be moved. We already have a replacement in Amen

daywalker02 likes this.
  17. Y2JT

Y2JT Member

I have a feeling it will be Zion.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

19. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I think the contracts Alpi especially and Jalen signed means Jabari has little leverage. He seems like a smart kid and knows there is no way he can demand any thing close to a max unless he wins MIP this year. I think Bari will accept a team friendly extension suited for a high end role player.

Corrosion, Mathloom and carl_herrera like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Lol how?
    Why?

ElPigto likes this.