1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Criminals love Trump, and Trump loves giving them pardons for a little quid pro quo to rally for him, just like all the white collar criminals he pardoned that helped him spread his Big Lies leading up to his coup and insurrection.

Trump's biggest allies and supporters all seem to be criminals, conspiracy theorists and right wing extremists.

Kwame Kilpatrick touts Donald Trump in Detroit radio ads

The Michigan Republican Party is rolling out new Detroit market radio ads that feature former Detroit Mayor Kwame Kilpatrick touting Donald Trump for president.

Trump in 2021 commuted Kilpatrick's 28-year prison sentence after he had served roughly six years following conviction on 24 felonies stemming from his time as mayor of Detroit, including mail fraud, wire fraud and racketeering.

Kilpatrick, a former Democrat, has voiced support for Trump multiple times this year, attending a May rally in Saginaw County and speaking at an August Oakland County GOP fundraising dinner.

In the new radio ads, which the Michigan GOP said will air “on stations throughout the Detroit (area) for the next two weeks,” Kilpatrick says the Nov. 5 general election between Trump and Vice President Kamala Harris is about the "survival" of the nation, its children and the economy.

"When people are set against us in war, it matters that you send a firefighter into the room," he says. "I want Trump in the room."

As of August, Kilpatrick reportedly still owed more than $1.5 million in restitution from his corruption conviction and was clashing with federal authorities who contend he has been trying to "delay the inevitable" repayment.

https://www.bridgemi.com/michigan-g...elections-rfk-jr-still-ballot-plans-town-hall

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Trump said he can end the war in one day. What do you think he could realistically do to accomplish that?

3. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Jews and Catholics warn against Trump’s latest loyalty test for religious voters

Among the Jewish leaders appalled at Trump’s remarks was Rabbi Rick Jacobs, president of the Union for Reform Judaism — an umbrella group for more than 800 Reform synagogues in North America.

“Your words preemptively blaming Jews for your potential election loss is of a piece with millennia of antisemitic lies about Jewish power,” Jacobs said in a social media post. “It puts a target on American Jews. And it makes you an ally not to our vulnerable community but to those who wish us harm. Stop.”

“Non-Jews shouldn’t express public opinions about what is or isn’t good Judaism and non-Catholics shouldn’t express public opinions about what is or isn’t good Catholicism,” said Steven Millies, a public theology professor at the Catholic Theological Union in Chicago.

“Not only is it bad form, but it’s also an ignorant waste of oxygen.”

Matthew Boedy, who studies religious rhetoric as a professor at the University of North Georgia, said

“Those who gave him that rhetoric saw Satan or evil as the enemy. Now that enemy is anyone — Jew, Christian, Muslim — who stands in his way,” Boedy said via email, calling it dangerous to democracy and religion.

“Trump always makes his religious followers — especially Christians — choose. They have to choose him over pluralism, over morality, over evangelism,” said Boedy, a Protestant.

“It’s especially dangerous to attempt to divide people based upon religious identity,” said Mercieca, author of ″Demagogue for President: The Rhetorical Genius of Donald Trump.” “The kind of language Trump is using here is more like that used by an authoritarian personality cult leader.”

“Setting up anyone to say ‘we lost because of the Jews’ is outrageous and dangerous,” the AJC said. “Thousands of years of history have shown that scapegoating Jews can lead to antisemitic hate and violence.”

“Trump doubled down on his longstanding pattern of scapegoating Jews,” Maunus said. “Make no mistake: This is a clear and flagrant instruction to his fanatical base of extremists to target Jews with retributive violence if he should lose.”

https://apnews.com/article/donald-t...us-americans-c6b2c15a6019583b8afae4d496480469

4. No Worries

No Worries Member

First, Trump would need to come up with a concept.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  5. No Worries

No Worries Member

If MAGATs were thinking about going on a Jew shooting spree, this cinches it. They are now.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  6. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

Well he already has the support of neo-nazis, and other far right extremist groups. This type rhetoric just fuels their fire.

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  7. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

This my friends is a man who will never change. He lies as compulsively as he did 4 years ago when he uttered a lie every 56 seconds during his Republican National Convention speech.

We can't trust a pathological lying felon to lead our country. We certainly can't trust a pathological lying felon to tell us the truth. The mad red hatters just don't get this, but high ranking military leaders and National Security officials do.

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Broker a deal. Likely this will mean a loss of some territory for Ukraine.

9. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

And how would Trump broker a deal? The Ukrainians aren’t going to passively accept just giving up large swaths of their territory and the Russians are still willing to commit a lot of troops to fight.

is Trump
    Going to offer security guarantees to Ukraine like them joining NaTO as part of that deal?

10. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know how it will play out in detail.

What I do know is that endless war will not be good for Ukraine and the world.

I hope that Ukraine can hold up and gain some ground, to put more pressure on Putin.

But I think - regardless of Trump - eventually it can only end with some kind of deal.

11. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I agree the endless war isn’t good for Ukraine or the World but the only ones who can end this are the actual combatants.

What I take though from this post is that you also have no idea how Trump could possibly need this.

12. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I don't know how to properly express this in English, but I think some of the divergence in views (and my views have somewhat adjusted to (sad) reality when it comes to Ukraine) with regards to Ukraine, but perhaps also in general between conservatives and leftists comes down to two different perspectives of ethics (there is a former German sociologist/philosopher called Max Weber who wrote about this).

My attempt to phrase it is:

"Ethics of intention" vs. "Ethics of consequences"

Would it bother me to no end to "let Putin get away" with a war of aggression and stealing land from a sovereign nation?

Yes.

It goes against my "ethics of conviction" or "ethics of intention". And it feels to me that many, especially on the left, feel the same way.

However, what is the alternative? If the consequence of insisting on enforcing our views of "what is right" were further endless fighting for years, with hundreds of thousands more dead, then is that possibly worse than making a deal that somehow allows murderer Putin to save face?

Ultimately, my view of "ethics of consequences" is that we need to be pragmatic, even if it hurts.

But you make a good point, this would all only make sense if one can ensure that Putin would not in fact be emboldened and attack again, be it in Ukraine or perhaps one of the Baltic states, etc.

I think Putin is, at the end of the day, a nationalist, but also a corrupt career criminal with an interest in self-preservation. He is a ruthless murderer and doesn't care about other people's lives (including Russian lives), he only cares about himself.

And if I am reading the situation correctly, if one were to make a deal that allows him to save face, but at the same time one were to take any and all measures to deter him from trying it again, that might at this point be the most pragmatic outcome, in terms of avoiding further suffering and deaths.

I feel that if the West had supported Ukraine much more forcefully from the beginning, instead of pussyfooting around - especially Germany, whose government's behaviour, as so often, I consider shameful - then perhaps one would have had a stronger position against Russia.

The problem is, they can just send so many more soldiers into the meat grinder than Ukraine can. I don't see how Ukraine can win a war of attrition. And it also has limited means of escalation. After all, they are fighting the nation with most nuclear warheads in the world.

Yes, you are right, I don't know all the details of how it could play out, but what I would expect would be some kind of deal where to a large extent, territorial gains get "frozen" (perhaps with a small swap of parts of the Donbas for the Kursk region, if we are lucky enough to be able to hold the gains there), and that some kind of demilitarized buffer zone, possibly with UN troops or something would have to be created.

I am not a military expert, but somehow, Ukraine and the West would have to have a reasonable expectation that Putin would not be able to try again. And then one would hope that a future government in Russia is less bad.

It's really difficult.

13. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

Trump will broker a deal by pulling all support from Ukraine and letting Russia take it over. He will give Putin the right to do whatever it takes, including the use of nukes, to win. Thus their will be peace and Ukraine will disappear off the map as a country.

That's his brokered peace.

14. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

I do not think that is how it will play out.

15. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Member
    Supporting Member

16. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

MAGA's Nazi infestation just got a whole lot worse

Trump's rise over the past decade has seen the mainstreaming of every extremist ideology on the right -- a category that encompasses antisemitism along with racism, homophobia, misogyny, Islamophobia and the violent antagonism toward immigrants that he and his vice presidential nominee JD Vance now encourage routinely. As the Republican Party moved sharply rightward under Trump's leadership, the most vicious hatemongers have sprung up to proclaim their bigotry loudly, while proudly identifying as MAGA.

The latest mortifying episode involves Mark Robinson, the GOP candidate for governor of North Carolina, who viciously bigoted screeds. "I am a black Nazi," he wrote, declaring his admiration for Hitler and the genocidal murderer's autobiography, "Mein Kampf.". He openly posted anti-Jewish and conspiratorial material on social media for many years, and refused to disown or apologize for those offenses. And by now nobody should be shocked that Trump and the MAGA Republicans, including his media claque, have lionized a Black Nazi.

The proliferation of white nationalist and Nazi-adjacent personalities at the highest levels of the Republican Party, directly attributed to MAGA and Trump, is pervasive. Candace Owens, a commentator dismissed from a right-wing website for her antisemitic ravings, was recently invited to headline a campaign fundraiser with Donald Trump Jr. Jack Posobiec, a right-wing operative repeatedly promoted by Trump, has collaborated with neo-Nazis and distributed antisemitic posts on social media. Wendy Rogers, an Arizona GOP state senator, just recently posted Nazi song lyrics on X, which was only her latest antisemitic emission.

The list goes on, including the nasty little pro-Hitler podcaster Nick Fuentes, who dined at Mar-a-Lago with Trump, as well as Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene, the "Jewish space lasers" theorist.

https://www.alternet.org/maga-s-nazi-obsession-just-got-a-whole-lot-worse/

Arizona Sen. Wendy Rogers issued a rare pushback to critics after tweeting a phrase strongly associated with Nazis in promotion of victories by a German anti-immigrant party.

"Deutschland, Deutschland, über alles!" she wrote in two posts late at night Sept. 1, decorating the text with musical notes. Translating to "Germany, Germany, above all," the phrase was banished from the German national anthem after World War II because of its association with the Nazi regime.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/opi...endy-rogers-nazi-german-election/75061197007/

Trump and his right wing racist associates, party members, and supporters are a toxic bunch of ignorant people who do absolutely nothing to make America a better, safer, and healthier country. The evil and hate spewing from those types is disgusting and dangerous.

17. Reeko

Reeko Member

and yet MAGAts will claim that Dems are the ones who don’t talk policy

one of the dumbest MFers on the planet without question

How do u turn a question like that into an answer all about yourself and more crying and whining?

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Trump has already said that Putin can do whatever the hell he wants. Trump couldn't even say he wanted Ukraine to be victorious. He has never stood up to Putin and done Putin's bidding time after time including trashing US personnel in favor of Putin's word.

Trump has already told us he'll let Putin do what Putin wants.

No Worries and Sweet Lou 4 2 like this.
  19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

No.

20. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Everything I mention is what happened. My prediction about what will happen is something to which you can say "no". But it is based on Trump's own words and actions currently and when he was prez.

You can disagree, but I haven't seen anyone show any proof of Trump's negotiating skills to any authoritarian and certainly not with Putin.

Again weakling-boy Trump was asked repeatedly point blank if he wanted Ukraine to win and he wasn't able to make that simple statement.