1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Shams]KAT to the Knicks

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by zeeshan2, Sep 27, 2024 at 9:17 PM.

1. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

This is why this trade is a big L.

I don't think it makes the team better but the issue is they did this trade to save money. That's gonna get to Ant and the moment they start losing he's going to wonder if he can win in a place that's trading talent basically for money.

I'd start the countdown, unless Ant just wants money over everything, I doubt he's there when contract time comes due.

BigMaloe, Jontro and wlekfjv923n like this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Member

You had me at Ant trade

roslolian likes this.
  3. ThrillaNManilla

Or he can do what a Lot of stars do - Sign the max with his current team then demand a trade.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. Jontro

Jontro Member

bright hart, who? they got blek ket nao.

5. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Problem was that they mortgaged their future for Rudy Gobert. For as much as we **** on the move, the Wolves ultimately made it to the WCF and had a great record. Ant is the engine that makes this team run. With the year Nazr had, I don't see why he couldn't be promoted to starter and Julius can come off the bench.

Not necessarily an even trade, but at the same time they got a decent return and now they can move Nazr to the starting line up and not lose much.

JayGoogle likes this.
  6. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Spurs are the biggest winners here, Ant will still be a good player in 2030 but he likely won't be a Timberwolf.

daywalker02 and Rochut like this.
  7. Rochut

Rochut Member

I agree, he won't be a Timberwolf and might very well end up a Spur.

Wemby/Ant pairing would be filthy and for sure a major obstacle for the Rockets.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

kat is a perennial underachiever who’s going to get roasted in nyc

and randle’s such a dumbass chucker maybe we jump minnie in the standings -)

mario_v and JumpMan like this.
  10. Holybats

Holybats Member

Meh trade for both sides.

11. OremLK

OremLK Member

Making a move just to make a move

12. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Thank God we couldn’t!

ElPigto likes this.
  13. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

They got to WCF. Not sure why they couldn't try to run it back. At least KAT played, and he actually wanted to be in Minnesota

Spacing is the most important thing in todays NBA and towns provide that.

#53 Air Langhi, Sep 28, 2024 at 7:26 AM
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 7:48 AM
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Yeah bro. Kat was Ant's Pippen, his sidekick, his soul mate. They were always together on and off the court, Ant would call him to buy cookies LMAO.

They also fit well on the court, yeah KaT was kinda soft but he made up for it by scoring and spacing to the tune of 62.5% TS. Now you replaced him with an egomaniac and historic ball hog like Julius Randle. Both him and Gobert are useless in the playoffs, Gobert can't score outside 1 feet and Randle shot an atrocious 48% TS in the playoffs...in the EAST. Wolves are also capped out and on track to be in the 2nd apron so doubtful they will add more help.

Ant's def gonna request a trade in a couple of years IMO.

15. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

You want to pay max to Sengun or Green who haven't even done as much as KAT?

#55 Air Langhi, Sep 28, 2024 at 7:38 AM
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2024 at 7:47 AM
  16. pmac

pmac Member

The Twolves got to the conference finals last year, one of their best teams in the history of the franchise. Are you telling me swapping KAT for Randle gets them to the finals?

I don't see how the Twolves get any better from this. The only thing I see is them saving s few bucks. I also think Randle is maybe the worst fit for their team. He's more of a high post player on offense so the paint will be even more clogged with Rudy. Then, he's a relatively small big so he won't contribute to that swarming defense that gave the Nuggets fits in the playoffs. Wings will score right over the top of him where KAT could deter with his arms up.

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  17. MystikArkitect

Well this makes the Wolves a *much* easier matchup.

18. Plowman

Plowman Member
    Supporting Member

I knew they were going to something with Julius.
    So this is it.

I like it for both teams.
    KAT back at the 5.

JR fits with Minny. And Donte is no slouch.

19. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Disagree with Bima there. I think it makes both teams a bit worse. I do think KAT, even with his flaws, is a better player than Randle. Timberwolves did have a great season, they should've given it another run to further improve and tweak where they can get better. I think Randle is a bit overrated (could be wrong) and not very efficient and a bit undersized too. For Knicks, KAT is better but losing DiVincenzo will be impactful. Unless someone can rise up and surprise off the bench, I don't think it helps Knicks get better. This will be mitigated by Bridges acquisition, which I'm still shocked they were able to pull off.

OremLK likes this.
  20. Joe Joe

Joe Joe Go Stros!
    Supporting Member

KAT is very talented and is paid very well for it. NYK have a good team and Brunson taking less may make KAT work.

I think Minn wasn't going to win as is and were pretty locked into their team before this move. Long term, I think this move gives them a chance to make a move that makes them better. This trade is making the Dillingham trade look even worse.