1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Astros @ Guardians

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Castor27, Sep 27, 2024.

1. Buck Turgidson

Why is everything that you just said make me wrong?

I mean, I've already said it before :)

2. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

So was Dezenzo playing third, captain brilliance? You're the know-it-all Lisa Simpson of the BBS, always has the answers to questions no one asked.

3. Yordan The Great

Interesting to see what transpires in the NL race.

MLB probably secretly hoping the Dbacks fold and get swept so the double header on Monday between the Mets and Braves don't need to be played.

Another scenario is both go into Monday with needing to win only 1 of the 2 games to get in, the winner of the first game will have no incentive to play any of their most important batters or pitchers.

4. Buck Turgidson

No, but someone has to be able to play 3B if God forbid Bregman can't. It wasn't gonna be Whitcomb, thus he has been sent down.

5. Yordan The Great

First 36 games

Blanco's starts 5-1
    All Others......... 7-23

13 in 33 and Radricky like this.
  6. Yordan The Great

What are our options at 3B?

Dubon?

7. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

I can play 3rd base right now better than Whitcomb. Right now with zero warm up time.

Htown Stros likes this.
  8. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

After 2019 I just told myself I would never root for specific matchups again.

That being said, Bobby Witt Jr. makes my butthole pucker.

Radricky likes this.
  9. Qan

Qan Member

I would be more worried if Astros were playing in KC. We swept them last time in Houston, time to finish the job.

10. Buck Turgidson

I'd love to hit ground balls to you.

Neither you nor I could handle that at 3B

11. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

Don’t make me put up the glory days video again.

12. Tomstro

Tomstro Member

You probably don’t want to say that a man has that specific effect on you.

Htown Stros likes this.
  13. Buck Turgidson

Glory Days?

Hell...

Thin Lizzy?

**** if I know...

14. Buck Turgidson

You know he'd do it for you.

Don't lie.

15. Buck Turgidson

16. Pinchpincher

Pinchpincher Member

Blanco again just refuses to give up runs. Pooring rain. No problem not even with throwing change ups. Great hr by Dezenzo in the rain. Altuve's at bats kinda looked post season at bats. Even took pitches :).

I was bit puzzled with using our top line RP's here. I can understand Abreu if the thought is he is crap right away after rest but using Hader too. Had to listen live Cleveland booth too and they were superhappy getting a look of Hader in meaningless game. Hader has played in NL all these years and getting looks of that FB might be precious.

Cleveland booth did some backtracking (chuckling though) "maybe if he dominates it might be good for Astros". Is it possible Espada asked b4 game from Hader and he told he want to get work in this game? I know it is't a big deal but curious thing.

Htown Legend likes this.
  17. ktex

ktex Member

Does anyone recall what time the early WC games start? Assuming that will be us.

18. 13 in 33

13 in 33 Member

True, but as Mike Stanton likes to say: it's not about who you play, but when you play them!

The Tigers are playing .619 baseball in the 2nd half of the season. They were in 4th place in the AL Central up until a few days ago and had to win 10 of 11 games to storm back into the picture. They are without a doubt the hottest team in the baseball peaking at the right time and they have the best pitcher in baseball. Not to mention they have a pretty good record in 1-run games (31-24).

That leaves the Royals, who have been in a free fall coinciding with Yainer breaking his thumb while rounding 1B. They have been a paltry 33-30 in the second half, which includes not one but TWO separate 7-game losing streaks that helped facilitate this Tigers surge. Royals record in 1-run games: 17-20.

I wish the Twins found a way to sneak in because they'd be the preferred matchup. Now we're down to two. Of those two, I'd much rather face the Royals at this point in time.

Houstunna likes this.
  19. STR8Thugg

STR8Thugg STR8Thugg Member

10am central on MLB Network 2+

Fiah and AkeemTheDreem86 like this.
  20. marks0223

marks0223 2017 and 2022 World Series Champions
    Supporting Member

With the Yankees loss yesterday, Cleveland could have been tied for the 1 seed with a win. Didn't see the game yesterday. Was Cleveland playing/managing like they had nothing to play for?