1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ official ] Trump for president 2024

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Roc Paint, Nov 27, 2020.

1. No Worries

No Worries Member

2. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Because she's unaware that this is Rudy T's hometown.

Is it normal for candidates to meet with all the mayors of every town?

Nook likes this.
  3. Nook

Nook Member

I am here 2-3 times a week.

There are lots of issues in Chicago - with segregation being at the top of the list.

Black people in these neighborhoods have essentially been the only population in these neighborhoods for 60 or more years.

Over the last 30 years or so, Hispanics have started moving into some of these areas and it has resulted in violence and tension over what is perceived as limited resources.

Have you ever been to the Alderman/Council meetings in Chicago? It is always contentious - there is always screaming and sometimes physical fights.

There are certainly some Southside residents that are not happy with Venezuelans moving into their neighborhoods.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  4. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

There should be much much more media attention made addressing Trump's mental state. I mean seriously, this type memory loss stuff is happening over and over and over. Carson has been dead for years. There really is something wrong with him, and it's not just his age. I know plenty of people still sharp as a tack who are older than him. He really does seem to be getting dementia or early onset Alzheimer's. I mean seriously, it's like him confusing Arctic National Wildlife Refuge with Afghanistan’s Bagram air base talking about oil drilling last week. I think he's unfit to serve for many other reasons too, but this is a big deal.

Rocket River and ROCKSS like this.
  5. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

If it's a town with an influential voting bloc segment, that's located within a major metropolitan area (ripple effect) in a swing state, then yeah. The Harris campaign refusing to meet isn't a surprise, nor is it a surprise Trump accepted the offer. We've seen this kind of thing play out in several ways during the debate

You're severely downplaying the tensions rising in that area.

Nook likes this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

What kind of thing are you even talking about? Harris didn't meet with the mayor of Rudy Ts home town and Trump did. That's a win for Trump, but only because it's Rudy T's hometown.

What played out in the debate that was in anyway similar to this? Is this yet another attempt to try and salvage Trump's debate disaster?

Scarface281 likes this.
  7. Nook

Nook Member

How often are you in that part of Chicago? How long have you lived in Chicago? How familiar are you with those neighborhoods? How often are you in those neighborhoods and talking to the people that live there?

I am in those neighborhoods and engaging with the people that live there at least several times a week. I am involved in efforts to change those neighborhoods so that the quality of life improves.

I do not know everything - and I am certainly not always right - but there are always issues, there is always violence and other issues. The Venezuelans are down the list on problems. I do not doubt that there will be some violence between the Venezuelans and GD and BD's.... just like there is serious violence between the GD's and BD's.... it has happened before, there was violence for awhile with the LK's for example.......

Having said that - the tension in the area is between the GD and the BD sects and the police - which basically come into the neighborhoods in a caravan and let the dead black young men lay in the street for an hour before they cover them off and dump them at Strogers or the ME.

Rashmon and ROCKSS like this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

There is a lot of (rightful) jealousy arising from residents when they see and speak to migrants who are receiving thousands a month, getting help to purchase cars, etc., while they struggle. Eventually it'll be the enemy of my enemy is my friend type of situation and you'll see the GD and BD united like old times to fend of these people trying to take over neighborhoods. If you're coming here to work and contribute then cool! But if you're coming to tote guns like you're in Venezuela then see your way out

9. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

What? Isn't that what Ted Cruz and Abbott are proud of making happen in Texas? Gun toting freedom is their love. It's what MAGA politicians proudly photo themselves with, along with their kids. It's the NRA's dream, and they fund Republicans to speak at their rallies for guns. They proudly approve of folks walking around with AR-15s, and raffle them off at GOP rallies. Just because it's a Venezuelan vs a Red Hatter doesn't matter. I can't recall many Venezuelans responsible for slaughtering kids in schools all over this gun pushing country.

10. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

You woke clowns are truly stupid.

11. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Im a racist? LOL. Let me tell my white wife that and my biracial kids also.

ROCKSS and FranchiseBlade like this.
  12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

he probably would tell them that... from the safety of his bile-coated keyboard.

13. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Member
    Supporting Member

The Trinket Man loves selling junk for 3 times the value. Always a dumb fool to make money off of when you're a snake oil salesman.

14. Reeko

Reeko Member

Donald Trump has a new target for his election denial conspiracy theories: American citizens living and working in other countries exercising their right to vote in U.S. elections. Democrats Abroad represents nine million Democrats working overseas, and military personnel serving overseas and their families, who are still registered to vote back home.

The Harris campaign invested $3 million to engage Democrats abroad in August. There are approximately 1,625,136 people living abroad from Arizona, Georgia, Michigan, Nevada, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, and Wisconsin, all battleground states. In 2020, just 44,000 votes across Arizona, Georgia, and Wisconsin votes won Joe Biden the presidency.

Now, predictably, Trump has suggested without evidence that this ramp up of support for overseas voters is related to Democrats attempting to cheat in November.

"They are getting ready to CHEAT!" Trump said in a post on Truth Social Monday. "They are going to use UOCAVA to get ballots, a program that emails ballots overseas without any citizenship check or verification of identity, whatsoever."

"Republicans must act to stop them from stealing our military votes. WATCH!" Trump continued.

UOCAVA is the The Uniformed And Overseas Citizens Absentee Voting Act. Passed in 1986, UOCAVA allows American citizens legally living overseas, as well as members of the military and their families, to cast absentee ballots in federal elections. Many states allow citizens covered by UOCAVA to vote in state and local elections as well.

UOCAVA uses the exact same absentee voting rules that apply to citizens voting within the United States. Voters abroad still need to be registered to vote in their home state, in addition to registering federally with UOCAVA, and will receive the ballot of the voting precinct they are registered in, or they can request a federal-only ballot.

[​IMG]

Trump confused because a very large portion of his base don’t have passports and never leave the trailer park

ROCKSS and Rashmon like this.
  15. juicystream

juicystream Member

How many migrants are receiving thousands a month? How many are getting that from the US government?

16. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

I really enjoy this guy's videos. this is what great indepedent journalism looks like. had no idea small town MA had local hotels filled to 100% with migrants, meanwhile kicking out US citizens and not accepting US homeless people. wow.

every single one of them, so long as they stand in line and follow the procedures.

17. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe laws are being broken, or maybe not. I don't take YouTube journalism seriously. The MA law doesn't exclude homeless people; in fact, it shelters homeless families. There might be some emergency where MA temporary halt these law because of influx of migrants... don't know.

https://www.mass.gov/info-details/emergency-assistance-ea-family-shelter-length-of-stay-policy

Massachusetts is among the few states in the country with a “right to shelter” law guaranteeing emergency shelter for homeless families who meet certain eligibility requirements, subject to appropriation from the Legislature, per Section 30 of Part I, Title II, Chapter 23B of the Massachusetts General Laws.

Many migrants are here waiting to be processed, and they aren't allowed to work while waiting. Some stay here, become undocumented, start working, and pay taxes. There was a bipartisan bill that addressed many of these issues (and we know who killed it), but one thing we should clear up is the notion that undocumented immigrants are a drain on resources. They often pay more into the system than they take out.

https://apnews.com/article/fact-check-immigrants-taxes-rent-vaccine-requirements-983035929946

Likewise, Michael Clemens, a professor of economics at George Mason University, said “undocumented immigrants pay taxes, amounting to tens of billions of dollars in local, state, and federal taxes per year” — even though they can’t access most benefits that U.S. citizens are entitled to receive.

The Social Security Administration estimated in 2010, for example, that such immigrants contribute $12 billion per year more to the Social Security system than they take out, he noted.
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...grants-in-us-paid-nearly-100-billion-in-taxes
    • For every 1 million undocumented immigrants who reside in the country, public services receive $8.9 billion in additional tax revenue. On the flip side, for every 1 million undocumented immigrants who are deported, public services stand to lose $8.9 billion in tax revenue.
    • Providing access to work authorization to all current undocumented immigrants would increase their tax contributions by $40.2 billion per year, to $136.9 billion.
    • More than a third of the tax dollars paid by undocumented immigrants are toward payroll taxes dedicated to funding programs – like Social Security and Medicare – that these workers are barred from accessing.
    • Similarly, income tax payments by undocumented immigrants are affected by laws that require them to pay more than otherwise similarly situated U.S. citizens; as one example, they are often barred from receiving meaningful tax credits like the Child Tax Credit or Earned Income Tax Credit.
    • Six states – California, Texas, New York, Florida, Illinois, and New Jersey – raised more than $1 billion each in tax revenue from undocumented immigrants living within their borders.
    • In a large majority of states (40), undocumented immigrants pay higher state and local tax rates than the top 1 percent of households living within their borders.

cdastros and ROCKSS like this.
  18. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

the video goes to what is actually happening on the ground. they walk into these hotels being used to house migrants and ask the staff working their these questions. the staff working there literally say US homeless not allowed. you don't accept "youtube" journalism because indepedent on the ground REAL journalism like this goes against the mainstream fluff-piece narrative you've been following.

I'll take a MA native on the ground with a well-respected journalist traveling the state and walking into these hotels/motels and talking to business owners, over a few idiots sitting in a TV studio in NYC or DC, preaching what their handlers have told them to say.

19. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Independent is all good, but I simply don't know who they are or if they are trustworthy. YouTube is not exactly the place for high-credibility reporting. That doesn't mean the story isn't true. I often tell my kids, 'Ah, go ahead and watch YouTube, but just be aware and don't simply accept what you see on YT as true.' It has nothing to do with mainstream media.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

How credible are these people answering these questions?

The claim of Hatian migrants eating pets can be defended as credible using this method of gonzo journalism by asking random citizens in Springfield but how do you know they are credible?