1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Violent Crime rising, liberal policies are to blame

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by TheRealist137, Aug 13, 2024.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Liberal policies help EVERYONE, a rising tide lifts all boats.

And it lowers crime.

DD

2. HTM

HTM Member

People do this with cop killings too. I'm sure you apply this reasoning when considering that situation too right?

Country of 330 million people. Roughly 1 million law enforcement officers. Millions of LEO encounters between LEO and non-LEO's every year and how many non-LOE deaths? Less then 1,000 most years I believe.

But if you focus on them, highlight them, give them massive publicity you can make the situation seem worse then the statistics reflect.

Autoerotic asphyxiation is a form of erotic activity that has been practiced in many cultures for many years. It has been estimated that approximately 250–1000 deaths each year in the United States are the result of hangings that were intended to enhance sexual excitement.

https://journals.sagepub.com/doi/10.2190/2L6U-0Q6U-P313-4E9C#:~:text=Abstract,intended to enhance sexual excitement.

A similar number of people die to autoerotic asphyxiation every year. Where is the news covering that? If we highlighted every one of those deaths we could have a national discourse about the "autoerotic asphyxiation crisis" in this country. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

well it's obvious you're a fascist

4. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

You're in luck because I doubt there are any fascists hanging out in a Houston Rockets fan forum.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Cop killings are really just a culmination point and release valve that starts riots. Because before that police shooting that lead to an unarmed individual being murdered, there is the daily interactions people in these communities encounter.

When I want you to be curious about data to analyze these things you should ask a question like this:

What percentage of cops that precide over poor urban communities live in the same neighborhood as what they patrol vs in upper middle class white majority suburbs?

And how does that effect policing? For example, does this result in more situations where a cop in a upper middle class neighborhood where they are neighbors to those there served might let a kid with a bag of weed go and finger waive at them and say something like "don't make me tell your father" vs immediately arresting them which is added to their record?

Are these questions you ever ask? Are these things you ever even thought of?

#25 fchowd0311, Aug 14, 2024
    Last edited: Aug 14, 2024
  6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Do you think "fascists" are like mustache twirling comic book villains? Like they have to be a mad scientist or something? Like every fascist has to be as abjectly evil as Josef Mengele?

How did so many normal small businesses owners in Germany come to the conclusion about the Nazis with "at least they aren't commies" and voted for the Nazi party?

Ironically Hollywood created a situation where their portrayal of Nazis is so cartoonist often that people never learn about the "regular fascists". The "ma and pa fascists".

7. HTM

HTM Member

Well that's one way to completely ignore everything in most post.

AroundTheWorld and Astrodome like this.
  8. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Which DnD posters do you feel fit the definition of fascists?

9. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Anyone voting for Trump is supporting a facist ideology.

DD

10. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

11. davidio840

davidio840 Member

With that sound logic.. I guess everyone not voting for Trump is ANTIFA?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Those who spend time on a NBA basketball forum defending Donald Trump or spamming content about how evil trans people and Muslims are like 40 times a day.

That's not normal behavior and is reasonable to call that behavior fascist.

13. HTM

HTM Member

Is it normal behavior to spend time on a NBA basketball forum promoting the different political/social/cultural positions you hold?

Pot meet kettle.

davidio840 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  14. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Never mind

15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

No. Hence you can call me an extreme leftist. I'll not get offended. Yes you can say I'm abnormally obsessed with this stuff.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

No but I'm sure anti-fascists would appreciate it if you don't vote for Trump.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  17. Xopher

Xopher Member
    Supporting Member

When did Biden/Harris start determining bail in Boston?

18. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I thought the thread was about liberal policies. Step away from the upcoming election propaganda and take a break.

19. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

@Salvy
    @ROXRAN
    @basso
    lol

they wanted to reduce prisoner over crowding so they let more criminals out

What geniuses

Salvy likes this.
  20. Salvy

Salvy Member

Hahahahahahaha, I can't even anymore.... Texas really needs to close the borders so all the woke people getting mugged don't run over here....

tinman likes this.