1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Solving Illegal Immigration

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by thumbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. Kemahkeith

Kemahkeith Member
    Supporting Member

Dublin to Galway is a drive. Good thing that most of the cars are automatic now days. When I first started going over they were all Manual, which I grew up with but the shifter being on the left side of your body, that plays tricks on me. Sooooooo many round abouts.

2. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I’m getting a manual but have no problems using a clutch. (What sort of Clutchfan would I be if I couldn’t use a clutch)

I’ve driven on the Left hand side before so not too worried and actually like roundabouts than actually dealing with right hand turns at lights in places with left hand driving rules.

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I disagree with @DaDakota on many things, but he has lived there and knows people there. He knows it's a problem. Just because you personally prefer to pretend it's not doesn't make it less so.

4. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

5. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

6. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

7. HTM

HTM Member

In the UK or anywhere else, calling people "far right" [read Nazis] is certain to bring about rapprochement, compromise, sensible discussion and productive outcomes. The whole holier-than-thou and sanctimony surrounding such claims helps too.

Good strategy.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Interesting.

DD

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  9. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

10. Kim

Kim Member

Sorry for the late reply, because life gets busy, though I do enjoy it here from time to time.

1) We'll just agree to disagree, which is fine with me, but I think your strong belief that former president Obama has been controlling immigration policy during the Biden administration is a conspiracy theory that only hardcore MAGA believes, not most conservatives and not most people in general. I'm not saying you're wrong, and you can't prove to be right or wrong here. It's just a conspiracy theory and that's okay to have them. It seems unlikely in my opinion, but you can believe it.

2a) Remain in Mexico was not unconstitutional and something that I think the Biden administration got wrong by ending earlier. It was within their power to do so. In the last 6 months though, Biden has moved right on that policy, along with Remain in Panama, Remain in Whatever Country will take our money and be our ally in immigration. Remember, immigration has push and pull factors, and is a complicated international phenomenon. We NEED help from our allies for any immigration policy to have long-term success.

2b) The wall funding was absolutely unconstitutional when Trump didn't get the money he asked for from a Republican controlled House and Senate. He went around them and used emergency military money for things like wartime hospitals to divert to the wall. Now, the wall building was very very very slow, so nothing every actually finished or even got to that spending phase. Then, when Biden won, he tried to use Congressional Wall money (remember, Congress send yes, to some wall, not all wall) to roads and cameras and drones. That was also unconstitutional and Biden had to reverse course. The point is, whether or not the wall is a good policy, and there is an argument to be made for wall (how much wall is up to debate - there are mountains already there in some parts), it's up to Congress to fund the wall, if we care about the constitution. Trump did not. Then Biden did not, then he did after the courts said you can't do what you please with money that's not yours.

3) I'm glad you're not proposing that we shoot everyone at the border. Again, I think you are conflating a fiasco, like Waco, with actual policy. That stated, I think I get your point. If we shoot everyone at the border, then that will mean less people coming to the border. Again, I find that policy problematic, to say the least. We do have a border problem though, and as long as we're using outdated laws to deal with a world that doesn't work the same way as it did in the 1970's and 80's, then it's going to continue to be a problem.

How it gets addressed is something important to me, as someone who believes in the constitution and teaches it. That stated, I understand the disdain that people have over failed government policies. There's a growing amount of Americans who are okay with quitting this Republic experiment in favor of Kings who can just get it done. I hope we don't head there, and I know we're far from perfect nowadays when it comes to representational democracy. Still, I hope we don't lose faith as a people. An informed and caring citizenry is the really important, and I fight that battle all the time until I don't believe any more. Then I'll just retire with my money and go live among my rich friends who are well-connected in non-democratic countries.

rocketsjudoka and FranchiseBlade like this.
  11. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

British PM Keir Starmer completely ignoring this and only going after white British citizens.

12. Commodore

Commodore Member

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

14. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I asked you this and maybe @DaDakota can answer this too. What parts of Europe are currently under Sharia law so I can avoid them? Because I’m not seeing Rick steves say anything anout it.

That said according to many on the right Minneapolis is under Sharia law. Hope no one turns me into the religious police.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

And again these riots aren’t being driven by Muslims but by those targeting Muslims.

16. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

Now you've done it! This will only bring about another round of social media showing Muslims with beards doing mean things. And all of them to the most hated of targets, innocent blond females who had such a bright future ahead of them if not for the evil Muslims.

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

you called it but making that predicition was as hard as predicting whether there will be Clutchfans complaining about Astros management.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Your lie was debunked. Of course, you choose to ignore the facts and live in an alternate reality where you and @FranchiseBlade continue your little circle jerk.