1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2024 Hypothetical Astros Trades Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Astros' started by Snake Diggit, Apr 23, 2024.

1. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

It's not so much that I care about giving up Baez, Melton, Loperfido, Blubaugh, Leon, etc.
    I just wouldn't want to give up too much for Paredes, the modern day Placido Polanco. Need to spread the prospects around to ensure we get pitching hp as well.

2. raining threes

Baez is going to be a much better hitter than Beer. I question that his defense has fallen off as badly as some around here think. Last year he was a slightly above avg RF with an above avg arm.

Surely he can play an avg or above LF in the majors.

Wulaw Horn likes this.
  3. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

Have a feeling the next 4 days are gonna be nuts.

4. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

[​IMG]

Htown Legend and htownrox1 like this.
  5. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Honestly, it’s impossible to know how Tampa rated those prospects, or ours for that matter, so we will never be able to truly compare. These prospect lists don’t mean much.

6. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

The modern day Placido Polanco? What are you even talking about? They aren’t even remotely close in terms of skill sets lmao

Bregatron likes this.
  7. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

Sure they are.
    Both can play multiple positions in the infield. Both with a .750 to .800 OPS in their prime years. Paredes with a bit more power. Polanco with a better glove.
    Polanco had 42 career WAR which I'm sure Paredes would be ecstatic to achieve. They may have reached their effectiveness in slightly different ways, but they are about equally as valuable to a team. I wouldn't have wanted to trade three top 100 prospects for Polanco either.

8. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

I swear some people just say random **** on here just to see if it sticka

Astrofan59 and Htown Stros like this.
  9. Sep11ie

Sep11ie Member

Sticks

10. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

First off, Paredes is 25 years old so he hasn’t even reached his “prime years”.

Secondly, Polanco posted a 97 wRC+ for his career…a below average hitter for his time. He never had a season even close to the 137 posted by Paredes last year. He’s at 131 this year, again another level Polanco never reached.

Further, he literally had negative offensive fWAR for his career. That 42 career WAR was earned by his glove. If you combine Paredes’ homers from last season and this one so far, he has hit nearly half of Polanco’s total career homers. He played for 16 seasons.

Edit: And where the hell are you getting 3 top 100 prospects? We don't even have 3 top 100 prospects. He said Baez, Melton, and Blubaugh...

#1150 Htown Stros, Jul 26, 2024 at 11:51 AM
    Last edited: Jul 26, 2024 at 12:04 PM
    Snake Diggit, Sep11ie and Bregatron like this.
  11. Htown Stros

Htown Stros Member

Such a random ass player too lmao

12. texans1095

texans1095 Member

13. Snake Diggit

Snake Diggit Member

My rough equivalent for what the Orioles gave up for Eflin is Luis Baez, Miguel Ullola, and Yamal Encarnacion. I would have been fine with that deal.

H-Town Info likes this.
  14. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I'm calling Leon and a P prospect for Flaherty.

Which one depends on who they like.

I think Detroit needs a CF and Leon has raised his stock with no place in Houston.

15. Stack24

Stack24 Member

im trying to fully understand the no place in a Houston. If Chas & Meyers are sucking and this dude is putting up numbers bring him up and trade others.

unless those two don’t have enough value to bring something we need in as opposed to Leon.

houstonstime likes this.
  16. IdStrosfan

IdStrosfan Member

I don't understand it myself.

But it was tweeted ( X'd?) by a prominent insider in the Cuban baseball community ( can't think of his name off the top of my head) that the Astros have no plan to promote him and are actively shopping him as part of this trade deadline.

The Beard and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. BlindHog

BlindHog Member

Sounds like he pissed in someones Post Toasties.

18. Htown Legend

Htown Legend Member

Francys Romero

IdStrosfan likes this.
  19. punkoholic

punkoholic Member

****, Mariners figured it out. Agent Stanek got traded to the Mets apparently.

20. The Beard

The Beard Member

I doubt Eflin was even a possibility for the Astros

Can't see Crane picking up that 18 million for him next year. And in no way am I calling Crane "cheap" but with where we are in the tax tier, with Bregman up in the offseason, I just doubt spending 18 million on a mid pitcher was something Dana had permission to do

Crane will spend on a stud, but we don't have the prospect capital to go after the top tier I don't believe

everyday eddie likes this.