1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Embiid averaged more in every category in every month he played and was 31-8 in his games, idk if that's good enough for you or not

2. MadMax

MadMax Member

I’m completely certain one side is going to convince the other side that their opinion on Jalen Green is correct as long as we keep talking it out :)

3. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Doesn't have anything to do with whether it's good for me, it's just not as good every month which is the sentence you're picking at.

4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Well ya, every embiid month was better then the best jalen month.

5. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You already claimed that and I told you that's not what I'm describing (I.e. ignoring wins). I made the statement so I'm confirming what I meant. That's not a debate.

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Pretty sure no team ever has had an 11 game win streak every month of the season so i suppose you are correct. Boston last season had zero of those months, the 73 win warriors had one. You’d likely need a team to approach 80ish wins to accomplish that.

7. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Yes, that's my point. To average those stats for a month and win out is rare.

8. clutchdabear

clutchdabear Member

Just wanted to see what Jalen's stats would be without his hot streak during the month of March. If you take out Jalen's March stats, this is what it looks like for the entire season:

67 games
    PPG: 18.0
    FG%: 40%
    3pt%: 30.5%
    Reb/gm: 5.0
    Asst/gm: 3.5
    TO/gm: 2.4
    A/TO: 1.46
    Stl/gm: 0.7
    Blk/gm: 0.3

His FG% drops 2.3% from his overall regular season (from 42.3%) and his 3pt% drops nearly 3% (from 33.2%). The other stats are relatively the same whether looking at the entire season sample or minus March. I know some posters might think that 2-3% doesn't mean much... but I think anyone who has any base knowledge of sports analytics realizes that without that hot stretch during March, Jalen is seriously bordering replacement level as an NBA starter, at least in terms of his on-court production and efficiency.

40% from the field, 30% from 3, and an A/TO ratio of 1.46... I'd hope that no team or GM would have the slightest thought of maxing a guard with this sort of production, who also hasn't shown any real defensive potential... and this was Jalen's all important 3rd season. Personally, I don't want to give him any more chances (he's had more than enough time to shine in 3 seasons) but regardless, if he is somehow miraculously able to turn it around and actually show a good mentality this season and some on-and-off court maturity (seriously doubtful, but one can hope I guess), then I'll be happy for him and the Rockets.

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

No team evaluates players by doing this arbitrary style analysis.

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Now look at the March stats without the 8 game hot streak... so just the first 6 games of March and the last game of March.

You'll see it was really just those 8 games propping up the whole month or whatever random sample his cult throws out there.

clutchdabear likes this.
  11. jim1961

jim1961 Member

A player with those stats for an entire season may not even be in the rotation for most teams.

Corrosion and clutchdabear like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Good effort gathering those stats.

clutchdabear likes this.
  13. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Every time a poster repeats them self an angel gets its wings.

johnnydeezy1, apollo33 and MadMax like this.
  14. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

None of that matters the org will trade him, or pay him....end of that.

DD

15. heypartner

heypartner Member

Maybe some, but doubtful I could convince you, because you’re just not used to a rebuild. ;)

MadMax likes this.
  16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Damn right

17. snowconeman22

snowconeman22 Member

arbitrary how ?

In your opinion should it be either evaluate the whole season or nothing at all ?

what about taking a random sample of 25 games ? And then doing that let’s say 10 times ?

does that pass your stats class ?

18. Rokman

Rokman Member

It may take another 195 pages but I believe!

19. bustamove

bustamove Member

67 games >>> 15 games

clutchdabear and Bobbythegreat like this.
  20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

How many of you ****s would be begging to trade Booker after his first couple of seasons?

Again this whole nonsense of "75% of games he did x" **** is silly. It's for people who don't watch games.