1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

They only won 20 games with him this year, relax.

2. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Soooo, the Rockets decided to pretty much just Run It Back with a team that missed even the play-in? Very disappointing.

3. JW86

JW86 Member

p***y! lol

We’re basically adding:
    - Healthy Tari Eason
    - Potentially healthy Adams
    - More mature Jabari, Green & Amen
    - Best shooter in the draft in Reed

Internal growth, getting familiar with each other and Ime is going to pay huge dividends. Just watch! We’ll be like the Thunder and win 45-50 games, book it.

4. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

OKC won’t want any part of us in the playoffs. We match up better with them than most of the teams in the league. Amen is the SGA eraser, Jabari is the Chet eraser, stopping Williams is the key for the Rockets.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Possy..lol

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Is this a troll comment?

The Rockets won 41 games with 6 dudes 22 or under out of a 10 man rotation. 3 of our staters started the season 21 or under. The vast majority of teams putting that much young talent out are winning in the 20s. FVV and Brooks are good vets but they aren't MVP level players to turn a franchise around from 20 win seasons to 40+ plus.

This team has a **** ton of headroom and almost every independent NBA media source from podcasts to YouTube channels has the Rockets easily one of the top 3 best futures in the NBA.

A bunch of NBA junkies who have no affinity for the Rockets have significantly higher expectations for this team than you an alleged Rocket fan.

Please return you Rocket fandom card back please.

Tfor3 and Mathloom like this.
  7. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Everyone here is so testy. It's like you're so desperate to need everyone to think the Rockets are the next big thing that anyone post that questions your validity needs to be scrubbed or ridiculed. Unwind, grab a beer, or a transboy if that's your thing. It's July, you have plenty of time to avoid the heart attack if you follow your doctors orders and rest your brain.

8. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Oh dude don’t even try, we all saw your post. This is not about other people needing to relax.

You’re on a message board that’s highly optimistic about the future at a time when the media is praising us more than ever - it’s practically a consensus that we have more talent than we can keep. So you came here to tell us about your disappointment that we’re running it back with Sengun, Smith, Eason, Amen, Green, Whitmore? This is below your standards? lol

So yeah whether you were trolling or somehow serious, it was totally deserving of a “wtf” reaction.

9. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

You made my point. A poster makes a comment about being "disappointed" and the response is "You're not a fan of the team". But that's cool, not everyone is equipped with knowing how to respond without throwing out random jabs. To be honest, I actually thought the rest of his post was pretty decent. But, what do I know. I'm just a troll that slightly disagrees with the process. ;)

10. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I am highly optimistic about our team also but, it is also true that many have said that they don't see that franchise, #1, take over the game type player, yet. Now maybe it happens that that player emerges from the talent pool we currently have, or maybe it doesn't. But without that player, maybe two of them, we are not guaranteed for anything just yet.

Castian Crew likes this.
  11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

ill put it to you this way. If this is "running it back". Then the Rockets should just trade everyone and start over. Because if the extreme youth albeit mixed with 3 solid vets are not intended to have substantial year over year growth internally over at least the next 3 seasons. (I would hope a going into his 4th year Reed Sheppard and a 23 year old Cam Whitmore would still be getting better) Then these draft picks suck and the Rockets should wipe the slate clean and have another go at it.

12. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'd like to add. How TF do you know what you have on this team if you start adding something else to take away minutes to see where you would like to strengthen the team down the line through a trade or two? If you are taking minutes away from the 7 guys even more than Adams, Brooks, VanVleet are going to then it makes a trade down this next offseason more uninformed.

13. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Valid point and very concise. I personally am not sold on this team this year of making the leap you say but perhaps they'll change my mind, or perhaps the trade/free agent comes next season with another year of growth. We'll see how the long run turns out, but I'm not on board with the "This is our year" argument if anyone is making that. Don't see 45 wins and don't see the playoffs really being a factor as currently constructed. Would've liked to have seen a bit of movement myself, but again- we'll see.

peleincubus likes this.
  14. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

Perhaps so (i sure the hell do not personally know the absolute best route to take with all of the decisions this team has to make the next 1 to 1 1/2 years. I would say though read the post before this one. You have a finite amount of time before you have to start giving contracts to these players and that is until this offseason. If you are bringing in more guys to take minutes you are taking away a better informed decision.

Castian Crew likes this.
  15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

You know when you have 7 high value prospects and a few people are still dissatisfied, those are the people who are always dissatisfied regardless. Can’t help them.

#1115 Mathloom, Jul 23, 2024 at 9:19 AM
    Last edited: Jul 23, 2024 at 9:24 AM
  16. Mathloom

Supporting Member

No one is making your point for you. What we’re saying is the opinion you expressed is ridiculous. No sympathy for being melodramatic about a situation widely believed to be amazing.

I guarantee if your post was just slightly disagreeing, you wouldn’t get a wtf reaction. You explicitly said you’re very disappointed and did not say you slightly disagree.

17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Calm down man. People are just expressing their opinion.

How about you address the content of the opinion rather than getting all meta

18. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

"Very disappointed" is a thing now? Is that on the "You crossed the line" list? So saying I'm disappointed in the direction of the team means I'm a troll?

Trust me, you have helped make my point, but we can agree you are being civil about this so I'm good with that. In the end we are all fans. Some are just more fanatic than others ;)

19. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Ah the, "I'm taking the high road approach". That was lost when you tried to make a post about the team a personal issue. All the other posters had good replies and we had a good exchange. You could learn something from them. But honestly, you'd still stick to your "I'm a troll" assessment so we're good not to interact anymore. Matter of fact.... ;)

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Personal issue?

Were you that offended and besmirched by my joke about you revoking your rockets fandom card? That is not personal lol. That is a joke about your connection to Rockets basketball not some claim s out your personal life. You need to calm down

My post told you about the ratio of players 22 or under playing rotational minutes and how rare teams with that much young talent playing heavy minutes wins 40+ games.

If my points were bad you could easily say why. Instead you want to make it personal? Just stick to the Rockets basketball talking points.