1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Poll: Do you think AJ Griffin is good at basketball?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Williamson, Jul 16, 2024.

?

Do you think AJ Griffin is good at basketball?

1. No. There is a reason the god awful Hawks didn't want him.

92 vote(s)
    71.9%
  2. Yes. And he is right that good Christians shouldn't go to Beyonce concerts.

36 vote(s)
    28.1%
  1. Williamson

Williamson JOSH CHRISTOPHER ONLY FAN
    Supporting Member Supporting Member

I need to know for science reasons.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  2. jim1961

jim1961 Member

He is better than Bronny James ;)

3. TimDuncanDonaut

AJ is no Josh Christopher.

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He would be a great rec league player on Saturday mornings.

don grahamleone likes this.
  5. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Give me a break. What a sh*tty poll. He was worth the gamble of the 44th pick in a crappy draft. He was an outstanding offensive player in his rookie season. He shows flashes. Put him in RGV like Cam and make him earn another shot.

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

He was a complete black hole last game. But then again everyone on the team were selfish except for Reed who made some passes

cml750, Stephen_A and mikol13 like this.
  7. MystikArkitect

He hasn't flashed. He was worth the gamble but some people though it was like betting red on a roulette table and it feels more like betting on a single number.

futilman and justinh like this.
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

I don't like to just **** on people, so I will say he did have a couple of nice looking floaters in the last game amidst a sea of pure suckage during the rest of SL...

Stephen_A likes this.
  9. ipaman

ipaman Member

Yes but your poll is shiet.

vince and don grahamleone like this.
  10. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Member
    Supporting Member

SL can be kind of a weird place to play.

I like how he finds those corners. Could be a valuable PJ shooter over there.

#10 RudyTBag, Jul 16, 2024
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
  11. lpbman

lpbman Member

If you cut out the parts where he handles the ball, he has been... ok? Not good, not a disaster. He can make a drive in the lane, he cannot move the ball up the court. Dunno how much is rust, and how much is flawed/undeveloped player. He is three years younger than Tristan Da Silva, We are absolutely stacked at the SF position... we can be patient.

CDrex and Stephen_A like this.
  12. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

I think he's 100% capable of being an NBA starter. There's no reason why he can't be if he wants it and develops it.

His only problem is he's only good at one kind of shot and that's the 3PT shot. He's obsessed with proving it's not true. So he takes a lot of other shots. He's not good at making most of those other shots. He has to cut down his shot diversity and work on his game off the court. He also has to commit to defense.

I'm not sure he wants to be a basketball player as much as he loves the idea of being one. Once he figures out who he wants to be, he can have a career. Maybe Udoka can unlock that but it will take at least a year to polish his game and remove bad habits. I'm rooting for him.

don grahamleone and CVcrew like this.
  13. duluth111222

duluth111222 Member

Maybe, maybe not. But I know he’s your cup of tea.

14. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

He is an awful player currently because he is a black hole on offense. He was brought in to rehabilitate his image, but instead he seems to have embraced being an awful player. He should focus on D and 3 and making a quick decision with the ball...

15. No Worries

No Worries Member

He was brought in to be trade filler at the next trade deadline or let got next offseason.

16. CXbby

CXbby Member

Bbiq is one of the most important aspects of being a good player besides skill and athleticism, what you just said shows his utter lack of it.

17. rhino17

rhino17 Member

He seems pretty bad to me. I don't think he'll amount to anything.

But he's only 20, and we got him for nothing. I'm fine with him being the 15th man.

18. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he will be once he truly settled in. He and Robinson need the PT to really show what they can do. The problem is the microwave league of today doesn't give some players the time they need to develop. Not every player is going to take off immediately and the ones who don't are kicked to the curb.

19. Bo6

Bo6 Member

I think he could develop into a good role player. Not sure about a starter... but a 6-8 guy for sure.

20. cheke64

cheke64 Member

He's annoyingly bad. No, he can't be your Josh replacement. Pick someone else.

Corrosion likes this.