1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mikal Bridges traded to Knicks for four unprotected first-round picks, a protected first and Bogdan

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by AroundTheWorld, Jun 25, 2024.

1. Fantasma Negro

If the Knicks can re-sign O.G. and either Jericho Sims makes a significant leap as a rim protector or they find a bargain backup big who outperforms his value, they'll dominate the East.

2. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

This aged poorly. Thanks Stone! Galaxy brain FTW.

Ready to eat my words...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There's Boston.

4. Saeculum

Saeculum Member

Excellent trade. While next year's draft is excellent, there's no LBJ, AD, or Wemby. More of a multiple Cade Cunningham draft. But we gained enough draft capital to trade for anyone available 2 years from now. And that is right around the time we have to decide who to pay. Also, the Suns could self destruct at any moment.

Rare trade that I that I think is right for both team. Nets get back control of their destiny, and we get assets for the ultimately necessary consolidation trade.

ElPigto likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

thought we missed out on jeff bridges , which would totally suck

Nook and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. LikeMike

LikeMike Member

I really don't understand this trade for the Knicks. They basically paid every draft pick possible for Bridges. Bridges probably maxes out as a 2nd star on a team - and compared to other 2nd stars, he looks rather mediocre and a clear tier below the Kyries, Browns etc.

Yeah, he is a nice player that fits next to any star so I get the allure. But he also just had a down year and is not that young anymore. It might make the Knicks competitive enough to go for a title run, but they are far from favorites - all while gambling their future away. In that way it kinda reminds me of the Gobert trade. You might argue, that that turned out ok, but I am not so sure...

AroundTheWorld and jim1961 like this.
  7. FLASH21

FLASH21 Heart O' Champs

The Knicks will be good for the foreseeable future but DAMN, when they DO start to descend those unprotected picks are going to be platinum for the Nets. I guess they finally decided to get on the right end of one of these massive king's ransom style trades.

Supposedly they're bringing back OG but if they do that means they'll have 4 players at $20 million+ annually, salary wise. Brunson, Randle, Bridges is a decent core are they even good enough to beat the Celtics? I honestly don't think so.

8. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

If I am the Sixers I would offer HartyStein like 25~30 million a yr for 4 yrs
    I would REALLY drive his price up . . .lock the knicks up

Rocket River

9. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

10. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

11. Jamers

Jamers Member

yeah bro. they didn't send BogBog, they sent BojBog Lmao

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

why is Mikal Bridges so valuable ?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

I don't understand this one either, is it just because Hart didn't produce enough? Fear of having no go-to guy when Brunson goes down?

So basically they are banking on this line-up now:

Brunson - Burks
    Bridges - DiVincenzo
    OG - Hart
    Randle - Ochiuwa
    Hartenstein - Robinson / Sims

If I were DiVincenzo I'd be looking elsewhere, since he earned that starting spot with his play during their run this year.

14. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

His perfect role in the NBA is first guy off the bench, not a starter, and the Knicks have him locked in for 3 more years.

He's in the best situation possible IMO.

15. JW86

JW86 Member

I highly doubt he comes off the bench with that kind of contract and how he started in Brooklyn. No way he goes back to the bench nor should he.

16. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

He's only making $12M/year. Not much by today's NBA standards.

If he starts, their starting lineup will be small, but it could work. If they get rid of Randle (who will definitely start because of his salary), DD would take his spot in the starting lineup.

17. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

18. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

He didn’t break up with me, I broke with him.

19. Nook

Nook Member

Right - he just wasn't interested in signing an extension in Brooklyn.... but Marks is technically right, he did not demand a trade.

20. foh

foh Member

Could it be that marks is trying to protect Bridge's bag by speaking to guy's loyalty?
    GMs trade people & get trade requests all the time - they are insulated from the whole looking good to public thing & I doubt Nets fans care who broke up 1st & only how much return team got as a result

peleincubus likes this.