1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The question of trump immunity

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Dec 24, 2023.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Geez... if when maga justice barrett attempted to demonstrate at least some concern about a president corrupting the office with "private" illegal acts, here is maga chief justice to even handwave that away... granting trump complete immunity...

ROCKSS likes this.
  2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

dude

pandora box

3. NewRoxFan

I am afraid you are missing the maga supreme court's intentions. the maga supreme court has known how they were going to rule for months and intentionally used broad and nebulous terms, and more important, court timing to delay any impact on trump's election chances. That has been their only focus.

Some day down the road, if a Democrat ever becomes president again, the maga supreme court will then clean up the language and remove immunity.

4. NewRoxFan

Remember back then... sounded so significant... but like everything else republicans say or do, this is based on a lie.

Oh... yes he did, thanks to the maga supreme court.

GOP’s McConnell: Trump morally responsible for Jan. 6 attack
    https://apnews.com/article/capitol-...ch-mcconnell-0a14d2e41e376331580b98a992f7d856

edwardc likes this.
  5. NewRoxFan

And... only one party has done this in the history of the nation...

ROCKSS, B-Bob and FranchiseBlade like this.
  6. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Maybe. My point is they avoided opening this Pandora's Box with good reason since the 1970s. They should have taken it earlier and given themselves more time to think through such a decision. This is bigger than Trump. I think in his case, there were already decisions made on what is an official act and what isn't (of course, that can also be appealed, I assume). Granting absolute immunity for official acts (whatever that is and whoever determines it) seems to just open up a speedway toward a more authoritarian executive (state). [The Court is naive to think it knows the possible unintended consequences or that there is an effective check, namely impeachment, on a POTUS who is completely immune for "official acts" which are not clear and can be litigated for a long time]

7. edwardc

edwardc Member

8. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Dude, that box is already open.

But, to the FBI analyst surveilling this thread I say, I didn't mean 'assassinate' to mean anything like an actual murder. I would never commit nor encourage others to commit a crime. I'm only talking about official acts.

edwardc likes this.
  9. edwardc

edwardc Member

10. NewRoxFan

11. NewRoxFan

The maga supreme court protection of unlimited immunity is broadened to protect presidential pardons... including a president pardoning himself...

12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Unless Hunter replaces Joe and then he can pardon himself....

13. NewRoxFan

14. Salvy

Salvy Member

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

:eek:

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

17. edwardc

edwardc Member

I don't know if you are saying that as a joke but there are others that can be leaning in the same direction.
    [​IMG]

B-Bob and FrontRunner like this.
  18. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

You know the ones cheering for Trump to have immunity from all the felonies he committed are all in for a Trump Dictatorship/Authoritarian regime, as long as he is the psycho leader in charge. It's the toxic mindset of a bunch of naive Americans brainwashed into believing Trump should be above the law, no matter what he does. It's sickening that anyone thinks his rampant lies and criminal acts were done with good law abiding intentions. Only a fool or corrupt politician or judge would give him immunity.

ROCKSS and Surfguy like this.
  19. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Everything that guy says is a joke. He's a brainwashed fool neck deep in the right wing extremist mentality. He and his little circle jerk group of right wing extremists and racists are disgusting.

edwardc, Salvy and Andre0087 like this.
  20. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

That sounds like a good situation. I wish I had a relative or friend who was a lawyer I could trust.

Andre0087 likes this.