1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets 2024 Offseason Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rockets34Legend, Apr 14, 2024.

1. HoustonCRT

HoustonCRT Member

The smart man would open a taco truck right next to his neighborhood.

tagedieb, BigMaloe, evo8lover and 2 others like this.
  2. jch1911

jch1911 Member

if trading for Zion... Pellies can pick from
    - Brooks
    - Landale
    - Tate
    - Adams
    - Uncle Jeff
    - MAYBE Jalen (but probably not)
    AND 2 FRPs beyond 2025 (some with restrictions)

Let's remember the conditions that THEY put into their contract with Zion... so they know he has warts.

Sheesh... look at his lack of 3 pt shooting.

Nevermind... just trade for Jonathan isaac and call it a day.

theDude, Rudyc281 and evo8lover like this.
  3. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

It sure is.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. StoneBall

StoneBall Member

Is it worth taking a flyer on Joshua Primo or KPJ?

5. cbass

cbass Member

No

6. YaoMac09

YaoMac09 Member

Man if Zion comes here within a year he’d be out the league and on his death bed with morbid obesity, diabetes and hypertension.

roslolian likes this.
  7. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Why?

The goal should be run it back, unless a young superstar wants a trade and we are one of the destinations they desire. If we can get an upgrade from Dillon, that would be fantastic, but I feel we are in a decent spot. We don't need to take flyers on young immature talent anymore. You guys should get your fix with AJ Griffin.

8. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets guard Jalen Green and center Alperen Şengün are eligible for contract extensions, and Jabari Smith Jr. and Tari Eason would be extension eligible next summer. The extensions for Green and Şengün would be worth as much as $225 million over five seasons, though the Rockets are unlikely to offer the maximum to either player this offseason. Without agreements on extensions, players become restricted free agents after their fourth seasons.

Of the Rockets’ own free agents with standard NBA contracts — Aaron Holiday, Reggie Bullock Jr., Boban Marjanović — Holiday is most likely to return. With Sheppard in the mix, Holiday would have to accept the sort of limited role expected when he signed last season when he played in 78 games.

Coming off a solid season, Holiday could find greater opportunity to play elsewhere, but would be a player the Rockets would like to bring back for the final roster spot.

If not, the Rockets more likely will keep it open going into the season, making the start of July lacking in free agent fireworks.

9. NewAge

NewAge Member

isn’t today Landale’s guarantee date? Post here if you see something.
    @J.R. we’re counting on you

BigMaloe, jch1911 and Rudyc281 like this.
  10. j@amc

j@amc Member

11. KnowledgeIsPower

Eventually we will need to consolidate our assets and young players and I think it will need to happen sooner rather than later. I don't know who we can target though if we truly are looking for a star player to build around. I see Zion, Mitchell, and Booker, maybe Fox but I can't really think of any other guys that would make a lot of sense. Any ideas of guys that would align well with our timeline? Guys that would be primary 1A type players

Rudyc281 likes this.
  12. Rudyc281

Rudyc281 Member

This

13. OremLK

OremLK Member

I've honestly come to the conclusion that we don't know who will be a good star-level trade target yet. There isn't anybody right now who is both an obvious trade candidate and is the right fit. I think the league is in a transition period though--the old guard of stars is on the way out, a new wave is coming up, and we're not sure who the best of those is going to be, and which ones might demand a trade or shake loose for one reason or another.

I think we'll have a better idea in a year or two who we might be able to target. I would just stay patient and hold onto assets for now.

BigMaloe, sydmill, roslolian and 2 others like this.
  14. Corrosion

Corrosion Member

It was reported some time back that they would be picking up the options on Tate, Green & Landale.

Roughly $25m in salary....

15. thegary

thegary Contributing Member

Of course will listen to and be open to opportunities but looks like this will be our roster heading into the season. Man, we have a long wait to see this team in action.

16. kspires999

kspires999 Member
    Supporting Member

Summer League is just two weeks away!

roslolian and thegary like this.
  17. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

trade Tate for anything. that's all I want.

sydmill likes this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

Glad to hear the KD rumors were bullshit and we are looking at younger stars potentially, though I won't put it past Fertitta to get suddenly impatient and force Stone's hand.

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  19. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

this makes sense. Baring a trade we have one remaining spot on the roster, and we actually don’t have many guards. Holiday is a good 15th man on the roster. Pretty sure he’ll get more money and opportunity on another team though.

Rudyc281 and saleem like this.
  20. J.R.

J.R. Member