1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Coward Watch, version infinity: Will he show up to debate??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 14, 2024.

?

Will Trump Show Up to Presidential Debates?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. I'm an idiot

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Nook

Nook Member

There are certainly many attributes that are important and the right mix with some luck can get you a long way. My pushback is more based on the idea that if someone is successful that they must be really smart - and that isn't true and it is actually a good thing.

I don't believe that Biden or Trump are terribly smart. They do however have other qualities that are important and have lead them to be successful.

Os Trigonum likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

and that's what blind loyalty "to my guy" will get you. Democrats had plenty of opportunity here to think clearly about "their guy." Democrats committed the same mistake that Trumpian Republicans have been making all along. It didn't have to turn out this way. Democrats had One Job.

AroundTheWorld, Kim, Salvy and 2 others like this.
  3. CCorn

CCorn Member

Vivek is great at trolling. That is true

fchowd0311 likes this.
  4. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

KJP is missing from her daily WhiteHouse briefing along with our resident dipshit moron astros123. Lol

5. mtbrays

mtbrays Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

It's indicative of the Democrats being Charlie Brown playing football against Lucy. Democrats still care about "rules" when they're up against a party that, their current reliance on Donald Trump not withstanding, is ruthlessly focused on winning. The "norm" is that you don't primary a sitting president seeking reelection. It hasn't seriously happened since Ted Kennedy primaried Jimmy Carter, but that's ancient history in an era with different rules. It also isn't normal for an 81-year-old incumbent to seek reelection.

I understand Joe Biden's ego; he beat Trump four years ago and thought he could do it again. I imagine Jill enjoys living in the White House and is fiercely devoted to her husband. But what they don't understand is that people do not love Joe Biden. They hate Donald Trump, but they don't love the president. Last night's performance suffocated any "excitement" for this race, if it existed at all, and made it clear he cannot function as a campaigner.

6. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

My own brother in law is over 90. Just had a 2 hour long conversation with him last month when I was in TX. He’s a great guy, had multiple careers and didn’t retire until when he was in his mid 80s. It is definitely not the age with Joementia, he is really sick.

Salvy likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

That's the crazy thing, I have always given props to Dems for the 2020 campaign. It was a master class in dismantling someone's persona. By the end of 2020 people were convinced Trump was evil and a terrible president despite having a very successful campaign pre covid. They made so many things up and with the mainstream media's push it all columnated into a perfect storm on Jan 6. Everything Dems had been lying about Trump was becoming a reality of sorts on Jan 6. I thought genuinely Trump was done....

The only thing Biden had to do was like you said, not be Trump... Instead he decided to be the anti Trump, on nearly everything. This wouldn't even be close with a better economy, secure borders and a smarter withdraw from Afghanistan... That's it.. Now Trump is back and in my opinion he is more open minded, looks refreshed and much more like the 2016 Trump. I'm back on The Trump train... Never thought he would have a shot at president again but here we are...

8. CrixusTheUndefeatedGaul

Supporting Member

Love it.

Salvy likes this.
  9. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

I don’t know why you are being so judgmental and aggravated towards me, not sure why I deserve that. A little Astros123 in you today lol

The explanations you gave, I appreciate you listing them, I don’t agree that’s going {full} Bernie.

You’re criticizing (generalizing mostly) me for having blinders on and not paying attention to criticisms. But if you think about it, if I were only to be following politics in an echo chamber on my specific politics, wouldn’t I be the first one to know Biden was going {full) Bernie?

That perhaps my disagreement, or originally here just plain questioning, is an honest one and not of a lack of attention due to political hackery and what not.

10. Salvy

Salvy Member

11. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

the problem with this “joke” is that people like @Salvy think it’s true.

Junebball and No Worries like this.
  12. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

sorry for the tone, that wasn't my intent. But three years of posting about Biden's policies and deficiencies makes me a bit impatient with calls to review those policies and deficiencies in a single post now. If you don't think Biden swung left, fine. But as I said earlier in the week, I campaigned for Dukakis in 1988 when Biden announced his FIRST run for president (he withdrew after the plagiarism story came out), and at that time Dukakis was considered the "liberal" candidate with Biden being the sort of "Bob Dole equal" among Democratic candidates. Biden has always been a centrist, always. In some ways that was one of his strengths.

Again, as President, all Biden simply had to do was not be Trump. Instead he catered to various items on The Squad's progressive Christmas wish list, and failed to attract the disenchanted, lapsed Trump voters who had grown tired of Trump and were looking for a reasonable alternative to Trump. Had Biden steered a middle road, more like a Mitt Romney, say, I suspect Trump would have given up trying to run in 2024 because Biden would have had higher job performance ratings and probably more popularity as well. Instead, the progressive President Biden kept giving moderate and middle-of-the-road voters reasons either to stick with Trump, jump over to Robert Kennedy, or decide that 2024 was the year they were gonna sit out entirely when it came to electing a president.

look, if you want a laundry list of Biden's progressive policies, I could do that. It would be easier, however, and probably faster if you would just do a quick search for woke123's posts and read his rants in praise of Biden's policies. It's all there, honestly there's no need for me to go back and revisit any of it.

and again, sorry for the tone. Perhaps I am uncharacteristically worked up about what happened last night. I'll admit I'm not really over it. But I'm pissed that people like me get ignored and ridiculed for three years of Biden's presidency as being MAGA plants or Russian operatives, when all I have been doing is expressing the honest views of an old-school Democrat who didn't care for the way things were going.

#792 Os Trigonum, Jun 28, 2024 at 1:28 PM
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2024 at 2:12 PM
    AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  13. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Contributing Member

7 days sequestered and 16 people coaching him and nothing to show

#793 ROXRAN, Jun 28, 2024 at 1:29 PM
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2024 at 1:37 PM
    AroundTheWorld and Salvy like this.
  14. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

yes I can. There is a spectrum from far right to far left. You have managed to watch enough “news” that you believe Biden is as far left as AOC Bernie etc. And that is patently false. Look no further than the progressive left’s frustration with the Biden administration for not doing more for the progressives. If you can’t distinguish among democrats, that’s either because you know they aren’t the same but choose to group them together, or you cannot be bothered to learn their differences.

Fox News needs you to equate the entire Democratic Party to the far left. If the entire Democratic Party is the far left, you can only conclude that republicans are center or center right. Based on your response to my question above, they have succeeded.

An intellectually honest person on the Democrat side can differentiate among Trump, Mitch McConnell, Ron Paul and Liz Cheney. Give it a try.

Xopher, fchowd0311 and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you think by any chance your positions are so extreme anything Biden did would be "catering to the extreme commie left"?

Did you know that Biden's DoJ tired to fight to keep most of Trump's inhumane border policies alive? Do we still use private prisons to indefinitely detain migrants. Ya. Where is this progressive steak outside of some candy he threw here and there like some student debt forgiveness

16. Salvy

Salvy Member

Don't apologize, @ThatBoyNick is a dipshitte moron..... Jk....

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

18. Salvy

Salvy Member

I like @ThatBoyNick , dude is hilarious in game threads... We disagree on politics and Sengun but he still on of my fav posters...

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  19. Salvy

Salvy Member

That hit me, I understand it whole heartedly. Some of us have been saying such things for a long ass time and immediately getting dismissed as Russian disinformation... Yes, we can have fun and games laughing at Biden but its not funny what happened last night when you realize that as a nation we have literally been lied to for three years and dismissed for noticing things.

20. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Have we been lied to the past 7 years by jr top that Trump isn't a fascist?

Is a paper weight worse or better than a fascist is basically the main question here.