1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Trump Coward Watch, version infinity: Will he show up to debate??

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by SamFisher, Jun 14, 2024.

?

Will Trump Show Up to Presidential Debates?

1. Yes

23 vote(s)
    62.2%
  2. No

10 vote(s)
    27.0%
  3. Maybe

1 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. I'm an idiot

3 vote(s)
    8.1%
  1. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

This is unfortunately true. People are fed “news”, and lack the interest or capacity or both to consider what policies or legislation actually make a dent into combating real world problems.

It is a little funny that you would characterize Biden as radical.

Do me a favor, name one democrats that you would consider moderate. I am genuinely interested.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Do you believe people who go out of their way to join a protest started by self labeled white supremacists to defend a statue of a dude most famous for fighting for cause of slavery are "fine people"?

I guess it depends on what you mean by "fine"?

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

you're not asking me, but I'd say the last serious one was probably Bill Bradley

4. Rileydog

Rileydog Contributing Member

Oh, I am more than happy to discuss policy and very much respect the right of people to have different views on policy. I demonize people who are too stupid to think about policy or don’t care about it. They are dumb asses. There happen to be a crap ton of them in the Republican Party/Maga. If you don’t like getting lumped in with them, well that’s the price to be paid for being MAGA.

5. fchowd0311

You watch things that confirm your bias because that generates revenue.

If you lived in 1920s Germany and for some magical reason the microprocessor and the Internet were already a thing with social media, you'd have your news feed spammed with every anecdote of a Jew doing something bad which creates a narrative in your head.

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

This is the $hit that really actually does piss me off..... They have been doing this for nearly a decade since 2016, this is what eventually turned me into liking Trump.... The constant lying and telling us what to believe instead of letting us make our own judgement.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  7. Salvy

Salvy Member

I can only think of one, Andrew Yang....

Trump on the other hand is more Democrat than Republican on many issues with the exception of the border which by the way does need attention. Can you honestly say Biden is a moderate?

8. fchowd0311

So he's a Democrat when it comes to things like corporate tax cuts? Law enforcement reform?

You are pulling **** from your ass.

You are clinging onto this 90s early 2000s image of socialite Trump hanging out in places like NYC full of liberal media and political types. At that point his political takes were media stunts.

To say because of that image he's more "Democrat" than "Republican" is silly.

9. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

Biden was moderate right up until the day he was inaugurated. Then it was full-blown AOC/Bowman/Squad-style progressivism all the way :D

AroundTheWorld, Salvy and Space Ghost like this.
  10. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

Salvy likes this.
  12. Salvy

Salvy Member

Exactly this, I honestly thought it wouldn't be as bad as it was. I did believe Biden could still be a good president despite me not agreeing with him on many topics and I was majorly disappointed with how Trump handled Jan 6 and the election.

13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Were you in a coma 2017 to 2020?

Just asking question.

Trump was a disaster. His main accomplishment was a tax break for the top 1%, mere days after Trump promised he would represent the forgotten “every man” in his presidency. Trump’s second main accomplishment was placing extreme conservative judges on the federal benches, which he completely outsourced to the Federalist Society.

Outside of the above two accomplishments, four days a week he rolled into work at lunchtime to put in his half day of “work”. His other three days were spent golfing.

A second Trump POTUS term promises more of the same. There is a reasonable chance that Trump may outsource more via Project 2025, which Trump will not understand but take full credit for.

fchowd0311 likes this.
  14. DonnyMost

DonnyMost be kind. be brave.

My guy the chances of any of that being true are like 1 in 1000000000000000000000.

Let's not go tilting at twitter windmills.

TBH, from an executive standpoint, Biden going into full blown dementia doesn't phase me.

As a statesman and celebrity, etc? Yeah, that's problematic. But the idea that Joe Biden is acting autonomously and not basically a group-organism is so naive as to be silly IMO.

It bothers me a little more with Trump because I think he is more prone to act independently of his handlers and party. And if we're being honest I think a lot of people consider Trump's lucid behavior to be more damaging than someone in a vegetative state.

Space Ghost and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

On what?

16. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

this is one of those hindsight questions: he had one job, to be "not Trump." Instead he went full-blown Bernie Sanders on us. That's really where I think politically he erred. If he had stuck to his historic moderate/conservative principles, he might have won over 50 percent of Trump voters. Instead he drove them all back to Trump--and then some. And the Democratic Party let him do it . . . the Democratic Party enabled him to do it.

Salvy likes this.
  17. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

Alright, how did he go {full} Bernie Sanders on us specifically?

18. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

What are the far left principles you're referring to?

19. fchowd0311

By extending title 42, shutting down the border making life for migrants even worse and more inhumane, by downplaying BiBi's war crimes, by blocking a rail road strike, by supporting a bill that increases law enforcement funding by 35 billion....

That's how he turned into Bernie...

20. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

oprah-you-get-a-car-lol-i59lbi4fgi0e88z0.gif