1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets acquire Suns picks, return Nets picks to Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by J.R., Jun 25, 2024 at 9:12 PM.

1. roslolian

roslolian Member

There's always Devin Carter so no chance of that. Unless we pick Clingan in which I would def flip out.

coachbadlee likes this.
  2. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Back to the draft. No way Risacher not going 1st tmr no? The Wing market in the modern league is crazy. Tone setter.

Maybe Risacher’s godfather Givony was right all along.

3. roslolian

roslolian Member

As long as the money is good somebody would be there. They dont need to be a contender just need to beat ass East teams like Chicago and Hornets.

4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

All good points. I also have to remind myself that the nets pick was actually like #9 or #10. We just got lucky that it jumped to #3. It’s a fair expectation that it would have been late lotto next year. But then again, maybe the nets still do the Bridges trade even without their picks back. It was that massive of an overpay. Still feel we should have gotten more. The Nets were desperate; we let them off the hook too easy.

Little Bit and OremLK like this.
  5. roslolian

roslolian Member

Roosh dumbed it down so much he got it wrong. No mention of improving the Nets 2027 swap and doesnt understand the swaps and picks are separate?

zeeshan2 likes this.
  6. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

7. blackistan

blackistan Member

This is what happens when you try to do too much...why would you not keep the BKN picks after they just traded Bridges loll

8. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

If they do get Durant I suspect Jabari would be part of that deal since they both play 4. Can’t see Amen part of that deal but who knows.

9. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Just getting word Fertitta is rebranding to the Stallions and going all in on the old green and yellow and will have the SAN DIEGO print emblazoned on the court and front of jerseys pls standby for more details

subtomic likes this.
  10. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

I was referring more so to Harden, WB, Durant!

11. peleincubus

peleincubus Member

I'm pretty sure the rockets get to swap the Thunder pick with the Suns one.

12. roslolian

roslolian Member

Because Nets wont trade Bridges and tank if we still own their picks?

StoneBall and TexasRedd like this.
  13. cmlmel77

cmlmel77 Up all Night Watching Houston Sports

This thread is very helpful. The typical smart people all like this trade, think of it as OKC-style asset management, and recognize that this was part of the Bridges trade rather than an option afterwards. On the other hand, the typical simpletons on the forum all hate the trade for a variety of reasons, but primarily because they cannot see past “Cooper Flagg should be good” to consider odds, roster construction, other teams’ motivations, etc.

I don’t have to dig any further than seeing who is on which side, which is helpful on a busy day.

TheJet, BigMaloe, wink3 and 9 others like this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

If the conclusion is its a dumb trade for the Rox I'm sure that poster didnt understand the trade.

MadMax94$ likes this.
  15. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

I want it to also be mentioned that there are 6 teams that will be actively tanking (Pistons, Wizards, Hornets, Raptors, Blazers, Jazz) with 2 more possibly pivoting that way (Bulls and Hawks). That's up to 8 teams actively trying to lose games, and you want to tell me that a Nets team actively trying to win games if they don't own their own pick is going to be for sure worse than all of them?

Really tired of people trying to say we traded Cooper Flagg in this deal. Solid chance the Nets pick ends up around where it was this year, and we only moved up on that pick out of extreme luck that you can't count on again

cmlmel77 and duluth111222 like this.
  16. Agent94

Agent94 Member

Pretty much proof this wasn't some 3 team deal contingent on the Knicks trade. This deal was on the table, and the Nets and Knicks worked out a deal behind Stones back.

17. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

What a condescending load of crap lol.

18. Astrosfan183

Astrosfan183 Member

This is just a ridiculously utterly stupid take. These trades were reported at the same time and they aren't finalized the second they are reported on, if the Nets actually ran behind Stone's back he had time to pull out of the deal. That's not what happened.

19. Rokman

Rokman Member

Well, I hope you're right.

20. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

[​IMG]

mikol13 likes this.