1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Julian Assange Julian Assange to plead guilty to violating Espionage Act

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 24, 2024.

1. adoo

adoo Member

Court documents revealing Assange's plea deal were filed Monday evening in U.S. District Court for the Northern Mariana Islands, a U.S. territory in the Pacific Ocean.
    Assange was expected to appear in that court and to be sentenced to 62 months, with credit for time served in British prison,
    meaning he would be free to return to Australia, where he was born.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/ju...ched-plea-deal-us-allowing-go-free-rcna158695

2. astros123

astros123 Member

Don't forget it was trumps doj that indicted him numerous times while bidens doj struck a deal for him to be free.

3. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

He'd be great on house of dragons

4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Just think - Well over 50% of America voted to elect someone who thought it was ok to drone strike people who disagreed or exposed them for their evil behavior.

5. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

Russian disinfo

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I really don't like Hillary Clinton. She's a bad person.

Donald Trump was still significantly worse

astros123 likes this.
  7. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

To Silence Wikileaks, Hillary Clinton Proposed Drone Strike on Julian Assange?
    E-mail leaked by WikiLeaks doesn't demonstrate that Hillary Clinton suggested assassinating founder Julian Assange via a drone strike.
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/julian-assange-drone-strike/

astros123 likes this.
  8. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Member
    Supporting Member

has all the classic earmarks of a Russian information operation

astros123 likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

That dude's my enemy. I'm okay with a deal to put this thing to rest. But trying to indict him for crimes against the US isn't a bad look as far as I'm concerned. He exposed some bad **** our leaders are responsible for, great; but you can't just go about it any old way. He hurt the national interest and he should have been imprisoned.

10. astros123

astros123 Member

So you think Biden shouldn't have set him free?

11. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Member

I don't know how involved Biden was in this deal. But I trust the Admin to do what they think is best in this case. Assange's espionage enterprise was toppled a long time ago and he is just a loose end at this point. If they just want to be done with it, that's fine by me. He probably suffered more by evading US justice than he would have submitting to it. To me, dropping it is just not something to crow about. It's fine, but not a win. He thumbed his nose at the US and got away with it.

astros123 likes this.