1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

If we draft Sheppard or Castle, what does that mean for Jalen Green?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Aruba77, Jun 12, 2024.

1. Aruba77

Aruba77 Member

Assuming no trades:

Sengun/Adams
    Bari/Tari/Amen
    Brooks/Tari/Cam
    Jalen/Cam
    FVV/Amen

that doesn’t leave enough for Cam, Tari and Amen. And that assumes no playing time for #3, and no MLE player.

No Worries likes this.
  2. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Wtf? Why do you keep this accolades? Who cares?
    Youngest Rocket to wipe his ass with his left hand while shooting free throws!!!
    Youngest Rocket to 4,000 points is one of those trivia questions a fan will be asked in 2 decades during a timeout and win like a towel or free whataburger for a month or something. Whoopdy do!

Most of the players theyve drafted in the last 3 years would be the youngest to reach 4,000 points if they had JGs guaranteed starting spot, usage and fga volume. Who cares?

In fact, who cares about any stat really regarding him - positive or negative? Don't get me wrong, I'm as big a stat nerd as anyone on here. I'm all about data. I'm just saying its basically 100% not needed in this situation. You can watch games. From his first two years to this year. You can watch how Ime treated him. And you come to the same conclusion the stats tell you.

Super inefficient (that's bad) high usage super athletic scorer that has generally sucked EVERYWHERE else, finally got better at the other stuff this year (still not great, but much better) but is still crazy inefficient, that puts together one solid stretch a year then ultimately reverts to mr. inefficient.

thats who he is. i know this. you know this. Stone knows this. Ime knows this.

no one has a crystal ball on how he will perform from here on out. even his most adamant supporters - guys like you - are going to be holding their breath until literally game one, week one and month one of next year, praying he doesn't come out like ass again.

Im not really making predictions. ive got no clue how he'll end up.

3. K-Low_4_Prez

K-Low_4_Prez Member

Wouldn’t expect it to change much for him… neither guy is going to come in and be better than him on day one.

4. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

5. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

People jsut say **** out of their asses huh?

Lets for example look at Cam Whitmore. His rookie season he had a 97 adjusted ts( relative ts normalized around 100 to the league for that season). Jalen Green his rookie year had a.... 97 adjusted ts....

Cam Whitmore scored 30% of his fgs self created AND benefited from playing against opposing bench units and still had the same scoring efficiency as rookie Green who scored 50% of his makes self created and played agaisnt opposing starting units and did it on much higher volume.

So you think Cam where opposing starting defenses concentrated their point of attack defense on Cam and had to create most of his own buckets against set half court defenses that are game planning to stop him could do what Green did?

Jabari also had the same opportunities as Green playing under Silas. Jabari if he had the self creation talent, could have forced himse4lf into a high usage role if he had that talent. Instead of passing out the moment a defender bodied him, he could have forced the issue and tried to score like Jalen, but that isn't his game.

What you said is something that came out of your ass. You have nothing to point to suggest this claim.

6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Member

Yes, Cam, Bari, Alpi, Amen and Tari could have become the youngest Rocket to score 4,000 points if given Jalen's usage and fga volume.

Doesn't seem super controversial to me. Maybe Tari is - though Im of the camp he'd actually score a lot and quite well if given usage. Maybe Amen is cause you never know how the lack of shot would translate to a mentality that would just lower his fga - but the hypothetical is he takes the same # of fga.

you're working to hard defending a dumbass useless stat that tells us nothing.

clutchdabear, cml750, Plowman and 2 others like this.
  7. bustamove

bustamove Member

it depends how many 3s he was taking and how many shots in general he was taking instead of his more efficient teammates.

8. No Worries

No Worries Member

#3 given how weak this draft is and who will be available can be pencilled in as a G League starter, for of his rookie year.

If the Rockets are serious about Amen being the PG of their future, he too will see time in the G League.

I would also not be surprised if JG4 gets less minutes and more pine in 4th quarter of close games.

9. rpr52121

rpr52121 Sober Fan

The whole question about Jalen is was his 24 March real or a mirage. It was drastically better than any prior month he he has had.

Problem is the whole league knows that is the question and I don't see any team giving up that much betting on it being real. Plus if the reports that the Rockets were shopping Jalen prior to month are true, the rest of the league has no incentive to offer anything of value now, as many probably feel they can wait pull that trigger if the Houston FO wants to cut bait in the future.

Basically trading Jalen for anything right now would be the Rockets cutting their losses. No reason to jump to that even with drafting another guard.

10. bustamove

bustamove Member

funny they blame Silas for Jalen not improving his shooting efficiency

the fact is Silas gave jalen all the chances, minutes, usage, touches, shots, greenlight

youngest shooter to have his 3 FG% decrease each of his 1st 3 years
    youngest shooter to have his TS% in his 3rd year worst than his rookie year
    youngest player to play like azz during the last 10 games of his 3rd year

11. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

I think we should try hard to trade Brooks...and maybe Jalen.

bustamove and Bobbythegreat like this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

None of what you think I said is what I said. Carry on with all this mess though, it's not like you read that post why read this one?

13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

"I don't think Cam is a guard at all. Not without some major, major development in handle and passing vision."

I get why you'd want to lie and dodge what you said, given how foolish it is, but that's a direct quote of you stating that you think in order to be ANY kind of guard, Cam needs traditional point guard skills.

So yeah, that's embarrassing I imagine.

14. jimmyv281

jimmyv281 Member

Jalen Green’s stats being stuffed never translated to winning basketball. If he doesn’t shoot well he gives you nothing.

NewAge likes this.
  15. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

The guy that's played over 10 years and has a career average over 2 assists per game?

He aight.

16. Dankstronaut

Supporting Member

You're kinda narcissistic bud. Take a deep breath, we can work through this together if you like.

Handles and passing being a general *guard* quality is hardly a hot take, even less hot than that Cam Whitmore needs development in those two specific areas *to be a guard*.

As a 3, him being a floor spacer only is fine. A 3&D player as it were, hoping that him making way less rookie mistakes on defense is even less of a hot take than the previous two.

Find something you enjoy doing Robert. Talking about the Rockets doesn't seem to bring you any joy.

heypartner likes this.
  17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sorry kiddo, but not every guard needs traditional point guard skills. It's fine if you're ignorant as to that obvious fact...it's not okay for you to be so arrogant about it AND be hilariously ignorant at the same time.

Keep watching basketball though, maybe one of these years you'll figure out the basics.

clutchdabear and bustamove like this.
  18. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jalen is out of here eventually, the org has made their mind up, and when they offered him for Bridges that tells you what they think.

They have seen enough.....and want to move on......

DD

Plowman likes this.
  19. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I don't think it means anything for Jalen Green. Guard is a really crowded position and neither of those guys are good enough to start.

Aruba77 likes this.
  20. Tuckmose

Tuckmose Member

Shooting 34% on wide open 3s is horrific, 37% on open 3s is more promising, but that's still not great.