1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USSC decisions

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by NewRoxFan, Jun 15, 2020.

1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

sometimes your posts just read like @deb4rockets in drag.

when you call people names, literally no-one is going to pay any attention to what you're saying, much less to the merits of whatever point you think you're making.

cheers.

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

Alito and Thomas - the Keystone Kops of Korruption - love to suggest Congress do this or do that, which of course they know they won't do, an as we all know, they are instead doing what they absolutely love the most - making up their own laws about bump stocks and machine guns - to replace the current ones (and surprise, they align with their party's chosen political position! what!)

I'm old enough to remember when white pride enthusiasts used to complain about "judicial fiat"

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

The intent of this cowardly maga court was to grant trump immunity without actually granting it. Delaying their decision accomplished that.

SamFisher and ROCKSS like this.
  4. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

I'd invite you to put me on ignore if you don't like my posts and especially don't want to own your positions. Won't hurt me at all and here's even instructions: click on my avi, which brings up my profile, and click on the "ignore". Voila... you can pretend all you want at that point.

ROCKSS and B-Bob like this.
  5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Member

6. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Do you apply that same logic to calling people "wokies", "Hamas supporters" and "wanting to chop the nuts off of kids"?

7. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

The one good piece of news out of this ruling on bump stocks is that it still means Congress can ban them through law. That is also the bad news out of this ruling.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It should be easy. No one wants machine guns out on the streets.

9. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

NRA would probably disagree with you. Congress is also at a stalemate and the SC will rule from the bench like the activist they accused the Dems of trying to appoint.

Every accusation with Republicans is an admission...

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  10. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

akshully, they're adhering to the letter of the law, not the ATF's ruling, which is, after all, and unelected bureaucracy.

11. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Hamas supporter is just an accurate representation of their positions.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

At the minimum it’s unlikely any legislation addressing firearms happens this year.

Andre0087 likes this.
  13. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Of course when you ideologically agree it’s accurate when you don’t then it loses credibility.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. SamFisher

SamFisher Member

b****, they're absolutely not, which is why it took 6 diagrams and a gif to get the result they wanted despite the absolutely clear intent of the law to prevent weapons of mass destruction from tearing people apart with hundreds of bullets, even old racists, like you, and your progeny.

Anyway I'd say **** off for being an idiot who doesn't understand the difference between agency generated law through a democratic process and random old life term shitbirds making **** up - but it's baked in at this point.

Where does it come from indeed!

Amiga and FranchiseBlade like this.
  15. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

I'd say this decade but it appears you're more optimistic than I am...

16. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

One other thing is I'd be all about the preservation of life like the GOP claims to be for, if they took a more hardline approach to guns as they do abortions.

17. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

I suppose there are anti-zionists who are not anti-jewish, but I have not met them. similarly, I suppose it's technically possible to be anti-semitic, and not pro-hamas, but again, I have not met these people.

18. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

write better laws.

19. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

We did see some firearm related legislation pass two years ago so it is possible. I do think it will take Biden winning again, a Democratic Congress and sadly another mass shooting.

Most depressing though is that out of those three things the most likely to happen is the last one.

FranchiseBlade and Andre0087 like this.
  20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

So the Jewish people who are protesting Israel’s policies are anti semitic pro-Hamas?

FranchiseBlade likes this.