1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore putting in work

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Sep 12, 2023.

?

Is he ready with a bigger role and more responsibilities AKA minutes - this early

This poll will close on Sep 12, 2025 at 3:14 AM.
  1. yes

308 vote(s)
    84.8%
  2. no

55 vote(s)
    15.2%
  1. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

That's a pretty good lineup. Maybe not enough basketball and defense but they could probably figure it out.

2. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

I mean you are just regurgitating platitudes at this point. Post ASB plenty of examples of him having a bad first half, still playing great defense and then going feugo in the second half.

3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The Thunder are also a great defensive team in terms of personnel they can throw at perimeter creating guards with a lot of long athletic wings/guards that can switch.

Also Green's motivation to me post ASB tended to be more based on odds of making the play in. Even in games lost like the Wolves in April, he was playing like the best player on the court. Only in the last 4 or so games when the Rockets were near mathematically eliminated did his drive tend to faulter. Keep in mind he's the only player on the roster to start 82 games so if anyone is going to burn out it would be Green especially from the carry job he did in March.

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

I say if Sarr doesn't go #1 you see if Washington will take Jalen for #2 which they would probably strongly consider. Then you take Sarr and Sheppard 2 and 3.

Boom.

fckbandwagons and r-fan-since-81 like this.
  5. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I think we should trade Jalen for Lauri. They can have number 3 pick also.

fckbandwagons likes this.
  6. leebigez

leebigez Member

Creating a good shot vs just a shot are 2 different things. If he could create good shots, why is his fg% so low? That doesn't do it for me not to mention his lack of finishing ability. Green is just another guy who don't understand game flow and situations. I won't even get into reading defenses

clutchdabear, bustamove and DaDakota like this.
  7. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

The great think about Cam is he doesn't need to read defenses with his role. He just needs to get he ball when the defense is not set and put his head down and go to the rim.

https://cleaningtheglass.com/stats/team/11/onoff#tab-team_efficiency

Just so you know Green out of the starters has the second highest positive impact on team points per possession only behind FVV. And is third in the entire team only behind FVV and Landale with Landale having a small sample size with noise so in all practical purposes, Green has the second best on/off impact on team points per possession on the entire team.

Two things can be true at the same time. He needs to improve his efficiency if he wants to become a star.

And his current talent on the team is not replicable and therefore is vital to keeping this team's offense above water.

coachbadlee likes this.
  8. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Leeb, you need to post more often pal! It is good to have people like you that played at a very high level to speak truths here.

DD

9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

He didn't play ball if he doesn't understand the importance of a player who can scramble defenses because they constantly create separation causing defenders to get out of place because they need to help now. Generates a lot of primary, secondary and tertiary assists.

10. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Bye Bye playoffs. LOL. Sarr has no where to play for the Rockets and you really think Ime is all in on starting a short rookie next to FVV. I’m the biggest Amen fan on this board, but he’s not going to take FVV’s place this year. I’m not sure we take Sarr if he falls to us.

topfive likes this.
  11. Rokman

Rokman Member

I don't see anyone the Rockets would pick ahead of Sarr. Who were you thinking?

I don't think Sheppard starts, I think a FA starts, Whitmore backs up. His offensive efficiency was light years ahead of Jalen's and it was just his Rookie year vs a nearly 3 year vet. You can expect year 2 to be even better.

For as much continuity and familiarity to transition from last year the starting lineup is as follows:
    P.G. - VanVleet
    S.G. - FA (Hield?)
    S.F. - Brooks
    P.F. - Smith
    ..C. - Sengun

Bench
    P.G. - Sheppard
    S.G. - Whitmore
    S.F. - Thompson
    P.F. - Sarr / Eason
    ..C. - Adams / Landale

Gotta have depth especially with Eason, Landale and Adams injury history. VanVleet, Brooks and Adams/Landale are not long-term players. May be the last for VanVleet. Gives Sheppard and Sarr time to transition to the league off the bench.

Future Roster after vets are replaced:
    PG - Sheppard
    SG - Whitmore
    SF - Smith / Thompson
    PF - Sarr / Eason
    ..C - Sengun

Got to keep the shooters on the floor, Amen may never be a + shooter but would wreak absolute havoc off the bench. He and Eason subbing in would keep the intensity high throughout the game.

#2091 Rokman, Jun 13, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
  12. leebigez

leebigez Member

I played D1, what about you?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  13. kpdark

kpdark Member

14. robbie380

robbie380 ლ(▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ლ)
    Supporting Member

And look at him passing the ball too :D

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

He plays with Jalens nuts.

DD

clutchdabear and AroundTheWorld like this.
  16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

No look passes. Fancy!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  17. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

I hooped with Leebigz in high school, he was legit. And he’s right about Jalen, he just doesn’t play very smart. He’s gifted tho but just lacks understanding of situations on the court sometimes.

18. rimrocker

rimrocker Member

Why is he wearing flowery shorts? And I can't quite tell--are those nails painted?

19. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Notable Member
    Supporting Member

F'ing JALEN.

cheke64, clos4life and kpdark like this.
  20. jch1911

jch1911 Member

[​IMG]

clos4life, kpdark and KingCheetah like this.