1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mike Scotto: Rockets will shop the No. 3 overall pick ahead of the draft in hopes of landing a star

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaBeard, May 28, 2024.

1. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

That’s very subjective. Udoka seems to find it highly likely. In fact he thinks we can develop a lethal PnR with Green and Sengun. He believes any team would be lucky to have these two.

You know last training camp started with basic basketball fundamentals. Next training camp is starting with “here’s how you beat aggressive double teams that tend to throw at star scorers”. His development is constantly taking place, I think you might feel like you’re looking for a turnaround moment.

Don’t worry his efficiency will bounce up next season. A lot of people are optimistic about it, there’s reason to be optimistic.

Bo6, cbass, cmlmel77 and 3 others like this.
  2. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I personally think we can get a late first rounder for his contract. For a contender he’s a plug n play 32 minutes per game playoff caliber player. He’s a top 5 wing defender and now league average floor spacer / shooter. His final two years he gets paid $20m and $19m with the cap going up. It’s peanuts for the minutes and motivation he gives you.

I’m surprised people think we would struggle to trade him. It wouldn’t have been worth losing him over a couple of million a year. He brought a lot of good culture and mentorship for the core 6. I’m glad he’s making them comfortable being aggressive, a lot of our players need that.

Rudyc281, jch1911 and darksoul35 like this.
  3. Jontro

Jontro Member

any word on who rox will pick?

@Nook breh always knows wassups

Rudyc281 likes this.
  4. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

They're not going to pick anyone. They're going to make a stupid trade instead. Now, I wouldn't mind a trade, but this one will be stupid. I can just feel it!

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Lol he is not. But yes, you can try selling him as a Top 10 wing defender to sugarcoat it. But reality is....

• He is a 28 minutes Playoff performer who fouls out more than not, gets ejected......plays a dangerous fouling game.
    • Dirty plays at times when his mind checks out.
    • I give him that he can be a 18 ppg scorer if he wants to but that is all. He is a serviceable defender, yet careless at many times as well.

#385 daywalker02, Jun 7, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2024
  6. roslolian

roslolian Member

You mean like when you said Jalen Green is gonna be Corey Brewer? You really showed your bball acumen there bruh.

Amen Thompson really showing how unskilled he is right now and how measurables dont matter LMAO.

7. raining threes

Then why if true were they willing to trade him in the middle of the season.

Hope you're right, Green's been a disappointment IMHO.

8. raining threes

I'm just disappointed that after 3 years we're still talking about Green being inconsistent. How long until we figure out that's just who he is? An inconsistent player and I was on board with picking Green.

jim1961 likes this.
  9. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Consistency isn't something that can't be coached though, since when has it ever been a "this person is inconsistent so that's all they'll ever be?" Sounds like you're drawing lines in the sand that make zero sense to me just for the sake of another "this is a guaranteed reason he won't be great because of some arbitrary benchmark I've created." It's absolute nonsense, especially after reading so many variations.

Ramo$e likes this.
  10. raining threes

Nope, I'm just disappointed he's not further along in his career.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Member

Preciate ya!

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

If Jalen Green follows his pattern of starting off "slow" next season, it will be interesting to see how long Udoka priortizes trying to get him going with Cam and and any guard they select with the #3 pick waiting in the wings.

Mathloom likes this.
  13. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I said Jalen Green's floor was being another Corey Brewer and he's been more like a Gerald Green....and the people I was arguing with were calling him Kobe or MJ. So yeah, I was pretty close on that one.

As to Amen, I never said he was "unskilled", I said he shot the ball like a middle school B team player...and he does. Now he's a very good defensive player and is pretty good when it comes to fighting for rebounds and dunking the ball....but he does still shoot the ball like a middle school B team player.

If you want to call me out for being wrong, pick examples where I was actually wrong, there's plenty of them. Don't pick examples where it's looking like I was right.

14. roslolian

roslolian Member

You are already wrong on both counts just look at all the crap you said about Amen prior to the draft. If Amen wasnt 6'7 and athletic as heck he'd be a scrub in the NBA but because he is both of those he is a beast whether or not he learns how to shoot. Even if he never learns how to shoot he is still a much better player than Sheppard and will always be taken over Shep in a draft.

Having measurables are extremely important you can teach basketball skills you cant teach height and length.

15. Mathloom

Supporting Member

I think if he starts off slow for an extended period he will be replaced very quickly. Don’t think his starting spot is even guaranteed next season. I do expect him to work his ass off this summer since he is on the brink of getting paid.

raining threes and cml750 like this.
  16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You do understand what a floor is, right?

Also, how was I wrong about how bad Amen is at shooting? LOL

My guy, pick your battles better.

17. Mathloom

Supporting Member

Oh because he had been really bad up to that point. He significantly improved his shot selection in the last 30 or so games. Rebounding and defense too. Led the team to the longest winning streak in the NBA this season. Almost won player of the month. These things matter.

raining threes and Dobbizzle like this.
  18. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Applies equally to another member of the roster everybody hate. Who incidentally also dribbles and shoots way better than Amen also. Green will ALWAYS be taken over Sheppard in a draft.

coachbadlee likes this.
  19. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I read a very disturbing rumor that Portland is interested in Jabari Smith in any possible trade with the Rockets. I dont like. What about you all?

Corrosion, Jontro and Rudyc281 like this.
  20. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Oh **** no, who would they send back?

jch1911 likes this.