1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

No more NBA on TNT?

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by Rockets34Legend, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

For the season but they still have next season assuming the deal goes through and NBC gets the rights.

2. Jontro

Jontro Member

why can't they bring ernie? if the show is cancelled, wouldn't ernie be a free agent too?

wlekfjv923n likes this.
  3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Supposedly but Charles says he won't leave TNT.

Jontro likes this.
  4. Jturbofuel

Jturbofuel Member

I don't think so and he does PBP on the TBS post season baseball so he might be locked into a longer deal.

Jontro likes this.
  5. Mr. Dominant

Mr. Dominant Member

I see the TNT squad getting back together somehow.

6. JW86

JW86 Member

Love this, stick it to them! They need to feel us fans won't accept that abrasive idiot on the panel. The disrespect by donkey towards his colleagues has been unprofessional. Has EJ tried to correct him and told him to stop the nonsense?

7. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

My understanding is Ernie is still under contract with TNT (technically its parent company) and Ernie can easily still do MLB or any other sports. I think Barkley is technically under contract too but I think he's got a kind of out clause if TNT loses NBA. Not sure if any other supporting casts have it.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Scarface281

Scarface281 Member

Nah that's hella weak. Next time go on there and confront them face to face. Ant should have did this. Had no problem going on set when they were up against Denver

9. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

Probably the main thing that separates Inside the NBA from ESPN's pathetic studio talking heads is their guys do not hesitate speaking what's on their mind and aren't worried about players being offended by what they say. ESPN sanitizes sports discussion to a sickening degree (IMO) and it's why I don't watch them. The conversations their studio talking heads have with each other are nothing like I have with other sports fans.

T-Wolves players are free to avoid Inside the NBA, but it isn't a show of strength. It's thin-skinned weakness on full display.

Jturbofuel likes this.
  10. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

KAT and Goby are soft pansies. Edwards is a fake tough guy learning how to handle the big stage.

Draymond may be the biggest tool in NBA history. They made a soft decision but probably the right one. That mouthbreathing muay thai "baller" can take the next train to GTFO.

11. JW86

JW86 Member

If Draymond was there then it’s odd. I would’ve also just spoke my mind like Dray does to local Warriors broadcasters who didn’t have his back. But I respect this decision and at least it sends a message.

12. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

Criticizing someone because they don't want to talk to a scumbag like draymond is pretty pathetic

13. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

What did he say that was so bad? I rarely watch half time or post game shows anymore.

14. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

just constantly trashing rudy for not being able to guard jokic (even though green does far worse at it and rude was the biggest reason they won the series)

15. Rockets34Legend

16. JW86

JW86 Member

****, Amazon gets a conference finals?! NBC got screwed, especially with no Finals. Seems they seriously not going to do Sunday after noons and just skip when it’s Sunday night football?

Only Tuesday and Sunday is kind of lame too. Wonder what it means for Thursdays and how many days ESPN and ABC will have NBA.

How is Amazon coverage of sports? What kind of crew can we expect?

#216 JW86, Jun 5, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2024
  17. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

So what's the MLE going to be like in a 3 years, staring at $25M/year?? Holy **** the money these athletes are making. It does make me sick to a certain point.

18. Rockets34Legend

Out of the blue.....TNT arises!

19. JW86

JW86 Member

Not out of the blue, I think it was pretty obvious they wouldn't just let this slide. They should take away from Amazon IF the whole taking some local games and thus more nationally televised games, which would be preferable for sure.

Andre0087 likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yep, I was wondering about that actually not long ago......why not just go for scraps......if you cannot get the cake.