1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green will be the Rockets' Numero Uno

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kpdark, Jan 2, 2024.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Lol what? Re-read what you quoted and realise who you're comparing them to archetype wise...

2. bustamove

bustamove Member

Your unicorn is weak gets overpowered gets stopped in the paint can't take a charge and avoids contact

would be better if he was built more like Ant

3. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Unicorn was the other guy, the one who struggles to score most of the time unless someone throws the ball to him for an easy dunk under the basket.

kpdark likes this.
  4. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I think we have to start making decisions on our 2021 rookie contracts if we want to maximize value. Sengun has proven to be a potential #2 guy. Jalen has shown flashes, but is still a big question after 3 seasons. Jalen’s 24-25 cap hold is $31 mil; Sengun’s is $16 mil.

Jalen at $31 next season with a max or near-max expectation in 25-26, makes him a prime candidate to trade. His value as a rookie-scale player just isn’t there anymore so it’s all about whether you project him as a star.

i’d rather recoup value and upgrade in the process by moving Jalen for future picks, or as part of a package for a star. I think we’ll lose significant value if we wait on Jalen. He’ll get more expensive and he’ll be worth less in a trade.

#2404 Aruba77, Jun 1, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
  5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Even if he has a good season next year, his whole body of work is 1 good season, and 2-5 months of good play.

Not sure if that would get us something good back.

6. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

The sequence is important.

If he had one good season followed by 3 bad one, you could say that the one season was a fluke. But if he had three bad seasons with good stretches followed by a good season, that might be an indication of progress, that he had finally figured it out, that the flashes in the past had been real.

snowconeman22 likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, but that hinges on him actually having a good season and not just a brief hot streak during yet another terrible season.

If he actually has a good season, then he earns a new contract....but there's no reason to think that will happen.

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

People are still stuck with figuring out if he is a star or not in his 4th year.

While other players like Luka or Alpe came in ready.

He is your typical guy who is fizzling out after his athleticism is gone, this is so obvious, counting the years of athleticism so to speak.

Players that only had flashes of talent but other areas are not elite, they are players that fade away.

Udoka has not even challenged anyone intellectually yet about basketball, what they ran were basic plays.

He is fun to watch and while his hops last an exciting player but basketball is about more than that.

#2408 daywalker02, Jun 1, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    GotGame15 and DaDakota like this.
  9. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are like a AI chatbot of ESPN platitudes

10. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I wonder if the Jalen Green fanbois will go with him when he's gone or if they'll just pick another player to mindlessly worship.

I hope to find out sooner rather than later.

11. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is his 3rd year, not 4th. We were talking about IF he broke out in his 4th. You said you wouldn't trust him even if he played a whole 4th season at a high level and nobody would give a lot to trade for him. I disagreed.

Why do you care about him fizzling out after he loses his athleticism? It's still two contracts away from that to happen.

12. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

This is actually one of the reasons I am beginning to come around on the idea of trading him this summer, instead of waiting until the deadline to see what we have. Best case scenario he becomes more efficient and a decent player, but he is just not a likeable guy, his interviews are not the type to get you hyped for the next game like Ant has the ability to do. His fanbase is the closest thing to Jeremy Lin we have seen in some time, and it would be better if they left along with him, I do wish them the best of luck and Jalen a long career, but think it would be more fun without him here.

On another note, I like what i am hearing from Amen, he has shown confidence and maturity and seems like someone that will be fun to be rooting for. I also noticed a big difference in how Cam was interviewing from pre draft to mid season, he is now saying the right things, Tari seems to be embracing Houston more than anyone as well and I think he will become a fan favorite if we keep him long term. We have a lot of likeable guys on this team, but for me Jalen just is not one of them. He has the diva attitude without the play to back it up, absolutely cringe.

sydmill, GotGame15, DaDakota and 2 others like this.
  13. kpdark

kpdark Member

14. bustamove

bustamove Member

15. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Some people are going to spend the whole summer on a conspiracy theory about how we're cleverly maneuvering to excessively talk up Green in the media while secretly wanting to cash him in for a first rounder or two. It's crazy that you're going to spend the summer on some obscure theory just days or weeks after Udoka literally said any team in the NBA would be lucky to have Green and Sengun. He voluntarily brought up how sure he is that a great PnR can be developed between these two.

If someone is offering you two good first rounders for your 22 year old that your coach is optimistic about then what the heck are you doing trading that guy? What's his ceiling like? Do his coaches and teammates mention his work ethic outside of PR articles/pieces? Is he resilient? Is he uncoachable?

I really advise some of our overly concerned posters: you're going to look back and think to yourself you could have been more trusting of what our no-BS coach says about Green.

#2415 Mathloom, Jun 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  16. Jontro

Jontro Member

they will move to sheppard, who will lead this team to unprecedented heights.

17. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Yes, because Kirk Hinrich was a superstar.

Jontro likes this.
  18. jim1961

jim1961 Member

I would advise folks not to trust anything a Rockets employee says to the media, period.
    How the FO actually feels about Green will ultimately be revealed by what they do with him.

#2418 jim1961, Jun 2, 2024
    Last edited: Jun 2, 2024
  19. Jontro

Jontro Member

kirk was the white jj redick. moves well off ball, killer goggles, smooth shot. super underrated.

20. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

Jalen will average 25+ ppg this season.