1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Former Rockets legend sets record!

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by kjayp, May 2, 2024.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

While we are at it, Barkley and Steve Nash should have won 1 as well.

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It's the cumulation of all the road games where he went to the strip clubs and all the times he was late for practice session/film sessions on the road.

The time when he was late to the Bubble, and the time when he went partying just to make it clear he wants to force his way out of Houston.

The same mentality.

xaos likes this.
  3. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

im not sayin otherwise... i just enjoy kickin this dude when he's 'down' (like hes not a bazillionaire and im meaningless - lol) ;)

Nook likes this.
  4. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

This is very well done. Looking at the 17 really bad games, 7 were between 2010 and 2012, including 3 that were in 2010. 1 was a game he played 43 seconds, and 1 was against the bucks when he had a torn hamstring and should not have played, almost nobody else would have played. Another one was game 6 vs spurs where he had the bad concussion, a game also basically nobody else would have played and certainly in today's age nobody would have played. Still puts him on the higher end, just not AS bad

harold bingo likes this.
  5. kjayp

nope, no orphanage...

dude just helped (not the only one to blame) drive my beloved team into a dysfunctional cesspool... and then drove down his value as a big fu on his way outta town...

so no... no orphans were hurt in this tale...

although now that i think about it... there may have been a few at Treasures that he did benefit... ;) lol

6. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The nets gave up LITERALLY EVERYTHING they could have given up for harden, idk how his value went down

7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I do credit Harden for bringing in disabled fans or special fans of his choice to his games.......

I am stoked to see if Doncic goes the Harden way or the Lebron James way into history.

kjayp likes this.
  8. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

This is a good point, didn't think about it while I was doing it. Gamescore is basically just adding up your box score so any games where you're coming off the bench, playing less minutes, left with an injury, etc, are going to be reflected poorly. I'm not going to redo it, but yeah, those games should be removed for everyone. I would bet the other guys probably have some games that were unfairly counted as "poor" as well.

noppeper and astrosrule like this.
  9. kjayp

the status of the assets they had to offer is meaningless... its about the return - period.

and lets be honest... lucky for us they imploded - or we didnt get jack... as it is the swaps are pretty much a wash (at least at this juncture, right?)

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

For sure, i just don't have the recall to go through it for anyone else, the harden games i remember. I did go through Jokic's though and spoiler - still 0. He's probably the only one who had games as a bench player though, and unfortunately for him he was in the playoffs super young

harold bingo likes this.
  11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

The return we got was amazing, what else did you want? What else could we have gotten? They gave up every single pick, swap, and their best young player

12. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Is the point that Harden is not on the level of LeBron or Jokic or Curry - point willingly conceded if so. Not only is he not on that level, he's na couple of tiers down in terms of accomplishments.

Also, point never really argued by anybody.

Anyway Back to the OP, who are the other holders of this "record" ? Been asking for 3 pages and nothing.

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Yeah, the point is that he's not on the same level as his peers. The rate at which he is a complete no show is much much higher than other #1 options on teams that are trying to win a championship. He is worse than every other guy, last place, the worst.

Also, unless I'm missing something, the list is right there in the article? Here are the other people on the list for this record, if you don't want to click the article -
    [​IMG]

kjayp likes this.
  14. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Just as with females, you want stability and consistency in a basketball. You don't want her to be super nice and chill one day, and then the next day she thinks everything you do is a mistake. James Harden is simply not a consistent performer in the Playoffs. He has some absolute stinkers, and then some great games. I'd rather have a guy be consistently okay, at least you know what you are going to get night in night out. You cannot build a team around Harden that expects to win a title because you never know which Harden is going to show up.

His average stats hide the fact that he has some terrible god awful games. He becomes the reason that his team loses those games.

Nook likes this.
  15. kjayp

lol... as i said bro, things have become more advantageous than when we sent him off to be part of 'big 3' with probable expectations of late frps and meaningless swaps for a team in rebuild vs a team that hopes to contend...
    i mean you can goggle trade grades at the time or whatever...
    He forced the teams hand ('just not enough talent") - and we had to barter from a position of weakness - and accept less than fmv...

i mean... it is what it is... or rather it 'was what it was...' lol

anything else is just revisionist history imo...

with all due respect. :)

16. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

To be fair, probably the only team to win a title in the last 25 years who's best player wasn't a top 20 all time guy was the 04 pistons. It has happened literally once. There's other fringe guys who have done it with crazy luck (kawhi 2019, giannis 21), but those teams had 0% title equity if it wasn't for injury luck. Historically, harden in probably in the 25-35 range all time and those guys don't win rings. Dirk in 2011 is the only other exception where they didn't need injury luck and actually won a legit title, without a top 12ish all time guy

17. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

So literally all of the modern era players - Pierce, Clyde , DJ - are fellow HOFers save Cliff Robinson.

What a surprise! Could have never imagined this

Can you actually do what you did in the other post and calculate bad playoff shooting game ratio for James Harden v Angelo Musa?

#57 SamFisher, May 2, 2024
    Last edited: May 2, 2024
    Nook likes this.
  18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

I thought it was an A+ at the time, what the hell else did you want them to get? Our only option was to tank because of the russ trade, so we couldn't take on any good players.

19. NewAge

NewAge Member

That’s a great post! Almost perfect.
    Only one thing: Could you, please add D.Rose, it’s just bugging my OCD. That would complete the list of MVPs who entered the league this century.

20. NewAge

NewAge Member

That’s a circular argument. The top 20 guys of all time are top 20 because they won titles. That’s how you become top 20, by winning, not the other way around. Like Jokic said, "winning is our lifestyle". Harden’s lifestyle is…. uhhh… a bit different.