1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

KPJ Appreciation Thread

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by CertifiedTroll, Oct 17, 2023.

1. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I think kpj can get back in, but miles bridges isnt equivalent. Miles hadn't shown a history of behavior that got him dismissed from every team hes been on since college.

Miles wasnt even kicked off his current team. Kpj was released and not one team in the nba picked him up even with the ex gf publicly denouncing the abuse. *rolls eyes*

If he gets back to the nba i believe he will need to 1) be very good on the court. One of the top players in whatever league he's in 2) not have ANY incidents for at least 2 seasons

2. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

He has manslaughter level talent, he just pleaded it down, but with his history you can see he might take the risk again!

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

I have little doubt KPJ will be on his best behavior, short term. There is lots of pressure to rehab his image and get his career on some sort of track. But, successful or not, he'll eventually resume to being himself and the countdown begins.

The notion of being permanently "scared straight" by one incident is so overrated. Not saying it never ever happens, but for damaged time bombs like KPJ...

If next time is overseas where he can't easily buy his way out of consequences, justice will be served.

Jontro, Arnel, fattz and 2 others like this.
  4. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Miles Bridges has 5x more supporter in the Hornets organization for an undisclosed reason.

5. topfive

topfive CF OG

It's just a matter of time before he screws up again.

You can't outrun your true nature.

slothy420 and xaos like this.
  6. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

7. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

So many amateur psychologists.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  8. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

It doesn't take a "psychologist" to see the obvious.

Dumb Dumb

9. topfive

topfive CF OG

LOL. Says Mr. "He's Just a Good Lad With Some Growing Up to Do."

10. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

DD

Jontro likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I sincerely cannot say wish him well but what I can do is not say negative things about him.

BaselineFade likes this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

The first stone: "So many amateur psychologists"

13. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

You, for example.

14. DaDakota

Supporting Member

I don't think anything he has done is all that bad - especially on the Rockets......just some immature locker room stuff.

As for the deal in NY, seems like an argument between him and his lady, and was blown out of proportion - so again, **** happens.....

His talent is all star level - his maturity has been lacking, I really wanted to see him with IME UDOKA as he would not put up with the crap Silas did....

I think KPJ will eventually mature and be a fine player.....could be wrong, for sure.....but want to see him get a real shot with a decent coach.

DD

15. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

This is absolutely absurd. He's been a bad person his entire life.

I don't think his life should end here but I doubt he's genuine

Hire him. You never would

AroundTheWorld and Arnel like this.
  16. Ancient Moabite

There has to be more to the story about what happened from USC to Cavs to Rockets along with all other off court stuff

And he does have all star talent(so does J Allen), but not superstar talent(game) or the Cavs wouldn't have gave him away for a 55th pick as teams would have came knocking down the door for this said all star talent

I don't know enough to speak about that NY episode..... That's their biz

But my spider bball senses tell me that KPJ was never part of long term plan based on that option heavy deal

And how Noble Udoka gave him the farewell hug of death at the Intro press conference, the new head honcho exiled the fake self proclaimed HH

The former HH may get a shot back into the NBA league, once he passes his therapy sessions playing in overseas league

Or he may go play in the BIG3 ice cube league

Whatever he does just hope the young g find some peace & discipline in his journey

DaDakota likes this.
  17. Arnel

Arnel Member

I doubt too many folks agree with the few kPj nutthuggers. Even if he was a saint he’d never sniff an all star game. We have tons of better talent and potential now at the guard and swingman positions.

Kind of absurd that anyone would even consider wanting this fool back on the team again. Some people are just glutton for punishment. :confused:

18. PeppermintCandy

I'm not condoning his horrific action in his personal life by any means, but at least on the Rockets, it looked like he was really trying to contribute to the team and do what was asked of him. Unfortunately, the Rockets were obviously tanking and only half-heartedly working on player development.

Had he not f**ked up so royally in the offseason, I think he might have even gone on to be a decent backup guard for some team down the road.

Anyways, I'm glad that he's gotten the opportunity to hoop, no matter how small. Maybe he can start turning things around and stay out of trouble.

19. Nook

Nook Member

[​IMG]

20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

....says the world's worst unlicensed New York state criminal defense attorney.