1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Jalen Green’s frustration clear in the building - Iko

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 29, 2024.

1. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

It has to be the hair. He needs to go back to his rookie hairdo.

2. MystikArkitect

@Nook

3. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Jalen Green is Von Wafer part 2.

DD

YaoMac09 and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  4. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

If he was freaking better in critical moments and overall, he’d be on the damn floor.

Nook likes this.
  5. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

I actually believe that Jalen will figure it out, it just won't be here. The guy is insanely talented and remarkably immature. Some guys have it at his age, but most of them don't. He's coasting through life on talent alone right now. That's not good enough. He's going to have to bleed a little before he learns to appreciate what he has.

joshuaao, Os Trigonum and REEKO_HTOWN like this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

im still waiting on all the other ex rockets that were supposedly going to figure it out elsewhere. JG is supposed to be some exception. yeah not happening

7. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

"insanely talented" You mean he can dunk? Thats the only talent I can see and he couldn't even do that in the dunk contest. I wanted us to draft him over Mobley and im man enough to say I was wrong.

8. YOLO

YOLO Member

lol. what a coincidence. He's now "sick"

Jalen Green is questionable for Thursday’s matchup with the Suns due to an illness.

AroundTheWorld and Crashlanded19 like this.
  9. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Sucks that he sucks, not much to say. Maybes he's frustrated because he sucks

mikol13 and Crashlanded19 like this.
  10. Nook

Nook Member

Testing the waters with the fans to make sure they understand it isn't the Rockets organization's fault, it is all Green's fault.

This is the way the Rockets operate since TF bought the team and Morey got the hell out of there....... they did the same thing to James Harden, they exaggerated and had hit pieces put out and I GUARANTEE you they will do the same if they trade Green and the fans are mad.

11. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

The talent is there. We've all seen what he's capable of doing. That takes talent. It's the stuff between his ears that's not working. If he can fix that, he has the ability to be great. I don't think he's a bad dude, he's just immature and he might not be very smart. Can he fix that? I'm not sure. My guess is maybe. I'm not sure I'd bet on it, but I think his biggest issue is his immaturity.

highpost1388 likes this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I have to thank Jalen because honestly his draft at #2 just solidified my belief that not every high lotto pick is predestined to be great.

I know it sounds clichee but when you really pick someone like that, you feel the frustration deeply.

He is part of the guideline how not to pick players......negative example.

Arda likes this.
  13. YOLO

YOLO Member

his career of 3 years in the league shows he throws up more duds filled with inefficiency, chucking, and empty stats. that's not talent. if he was actually capable, his numbers across the board both individually and with teammates wouldn't be so pathetic and bottom barrel of the league

14. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Pointless conversation. You don't have to like the guy or his game, but if you don't think there's raw talent there we have nothing to talk about. Agree to disagree.

15. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Hit piece when the trade deadline just ended is interesting timing. Seems like creating unnecessary awkwardness until next trade deadline

ArtV and BamBam like this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

I would say he’s athletic but not overwhelmingly skilled. He’s not a good shooter. Shooting form is awful. He’s not a good ball handler. He attacks the left side by shooting with his right hand, which is something that should have stopped by his sophomore year of high school if not sooner.

Zen Tabak likes this.
  17. YOLO

YOLO Member

it isn't really pointless. you're confusing talent with bad basketball. raw talent doesn't mean a thing if it doesn't translate to winning basketball, which clearly it has not.

real talented players find ways to impact winning. it's that simple.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I know I am not trying to be a wise arse now but I thought to myself that the Rockets were not good with raw talents.....

They need European MVPs like Sengün......you just select players in the Draft to your strengths and that is developing ready players.

• Harden was also ready made by Arizona and OKC. That is why he hit.....
    • If you think about it, the Rockets' odd with raw players are like truly truly miniscule.
    • One reason being Rafael Stone and Fertitta are not really mature executives themselves.

#78 daywalker02, Feb 29, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2024
  19. Arda

Arda Member

Don't confuse athleticism with talent.

20. Nook

Nook Member

Yeah - entitlement. That is what happens when a teenager is drafted and then repeatedly told that he doesn't have to listen to his coach (Silas) as long as his GM (Stone) is fine with his actions - then what his coach (Silas) says doesn't matter ..... when a young player has no one that really mentors him or leads by example - is told that he is the franchise player when he has done nothing - and is pushed by the GM to be friends with a sociopath (KPJ).

This is like a parent doing a terrible job raising a kid and getting pissed that at age 20 he doesn't know how to be a productive and good citizen.

Green isn't a bad person - he hasn't always had terrible habits and he didn't always have this level of entitlement. The Rockets helped create this problem.

It also doesn't help that Stone was able to meet and watch Green play and practice with the Rockets before the draft - and saw how raw he was, and they still took him at #2. If you draft a teenager, that is THAT raw - you really need to have a strong support system around him. The Rockets response was to have Wood on the team and actually encouraged Green to bond with KPJ.

You reap what you sow sometimes..... and I don't have any ill will towards Green, I don't think he is a bad person - I actually think he could still be really good in the right situation and with maturity and growth - but as Sam Vecenie said and I heard and talked about, the Rockets had ZERO accountability for any players or their actions until Ime Udoka walked into locker room months ago.