1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. cml750

cml750 Member

I will agree with you for the last few games. For the season as a whole he has done fairly well. He needs to get back to the way he was playing.

You sure are quick to come dump on Alpi when he has a rare off game but are very silent about your boy Jalen when he stinks up the arena on a regular basis.

2. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

No. Its the other way around. You'll NEVER point out Sengun's terrible defense if nobody else does. He has not been fairly well all season. He is just not good on defense. Who else is going to say something besides me, Verbal or Mathloom?

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  3. Old School74

Old School74 Member
    Supporting Member

yeah but Sengun didn't send you a threatening DM! jut saying!

cml750 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  4. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Sengun should never play drop coverage. Our best defense against the pick and roll seems to be when we trap ball handler up top with Alpi. We need to do this more often. He got quick hands and sometimes surprises with deflections. But also if everyone else rotates correctly it gives time for him to recover.

5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

The fact that we're nearly 60 games into the season and they still havent figured this out is crazy. Looks like they've been doing it more lately, which is good. Need to see it extensively going forward. Then when they are "good" at that style they can switch between more easily depending on matchup, etc.

cml750, RHU525 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  6. cml750

cml750 Member

lol you are replying to a post where I criticized his defense. Wow you are a dense one.

Dobbizzle and AroundTheWorld like this.
  7. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Show me a post where you mentioned anything about Sengun's defense before you read my post?

8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Stop blaming the coverage or how he's used. You guys say the same thing every year. No matter what the coverage is he just doesn't play good defense, which hurts the team.

Nobody here makes more excuses than Sengun fans.

9. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

He's bad at one type of defense. Actually is pretty darn good if we just use a different scheme. It's dumb to keep running the scheme he's bad at. Honestly defense isn't this teams problem. Making wide open 3 pointers is our biggest weakness.

10. cml750

cml750 Member

Along with criticizing his recent defensive lapse, I have have said many times he has defensive limitations. I have said he will never be Hakeem on the defensive side and neither will anyone else. There is a reason why the defensive award is named after him. I am not going to waste time looking for post. Do your own research. TBH, there is no need to criticize him when he does well which he has most of the season. He is anchoring a top 5-6 defense and has some of the top advanced defensive metrics to prove it which you have been shown many times but choose to ignore.

TBH, your judgement in all things related to basketball is not very good so it is hard to take you seriously. I mean just a week ago you were actually arguing the absolutely worst regular player getting significant minutes on the team is the teams superstar.

[​IMG]

Maybe you should invest a little more time looking at Jalen's considerable flaws before criticizing the best player on the team who has actually done a good job for most of the season limiting his biggest weakness. If your guy could do that then this team would be above .500.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  11. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

First off, saying he has defensive limitations and isn't Hakeem (in which is obvious to anybody who can see) is just a observation. Show me a post where you admitted Sengun sucked on defensive or was part of the reason we lost. The terminology you use indicates you're completely oblivious to the facts. Anchor of the defense? Um no lol. That would be Dillon brooks. Sengun is a our biggest defensive liability.

Ok. Give me 5 things my judgement was completely wrong on..Also what have YOU been right on? I've been right more than you & any other Sengun fanatic. If ch

First off, you've already taken liking to a guy named Roosh who's also a Sengun fanatic & a fake gangsta rapper. I'm laughing at YOU

12. cml750

cml750 Member

The Roosh thing now has a third confirmation. I did not believe until the Rockets Chop Shop guy said he has seen the conversation. Do you seriously think these guys would back Roosh if it were not true? They also all state it is much worse than what has been made public.

Edit: It appears there are 4 confirmations. The Bonda guy confirmed it too and also says it is much worse than we know.

13. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Roosh is definitely connected

14. cml750

cml750 Member

Yea you are right, four men(maybe more) who cover the Rockets via social media made up a hit piece on our "superstar" Jalen Green for some strange reason.

[​IMG]

maypk likes this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Of course it is, if you seen the good old Clutchfans meltdown......

I am not seeing anything special from a Jalen Green meltdown.

A 22 year old swearing at a regular Twitter guy, OMG......

cml750 likes this.
  16. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

This is just not true. You pick a game here or there where maybe he was mid but overall we are a good defensive team in part because of Sengun and the stats back that. Ive said this a million times and no one has ever refuted this. When you guys talk **** about Senguns defense you always say eye test because you cant do it with stats. People like you are part of the reason why Sengun isnt an all star. Causing harm to your own players and youre to dumb to realize it.

17. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

It is true. Not only that he's been playing like that more notably last few months. Remember the Pelicans game? Throwing out cherry picked metrics does nothing. We already seen Ime bench him for his defense multiple times Does Ime look at the same metrics? Clearly he's not dumb

18. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Jackson Gatlin just had to apologize to Jalen on air for something stupid he posted on twitter. This was literally a few weeks back. Leave the kid alone

19. cml750

cml750 Member

That 22 year old "kid" is one of our biggest problems. He will be on the bench very soon and I predict the team will be much better for it.

HardenReturns and Joe Rocket like this.
  20. Joe Rocket

Joe Rocket Member

Its not true reply with some stats. You cant because we are a top 10 defensive team. Our problem is offense because we cant shoot. Ime's dumb ass is still starting Jalen he's not that smart. Lets not start on what the stats say about Jalen's defense and offense for that matter lol

HardenReturns and cml750 like this.