1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clock is ticking on Jalen from Ime and Stone

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Rvo384, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Rocketsdreamer

The front office need to deal with the Jalen Green situation this summer quickly.

He will soon demand a rookie max extension and his trade value will tend to zero at that time.

Crashlanded19 and evo8lover like this.
  2. cml750

cml750 Member

So we shoud take it from you Jalen is going to be a star. We should just forget what our lying eyes are telling us as well as what the actual data is telling us. Good old Stephen_A on Clutchfans knows better than everyone else.

[​IMG]

3. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

What he said might've been true...... if not the fact there was like a dozen different data points hahah.

Biased. God you have to be mighty stubborn or mighty stupid to claim the stats are biased hahaha.

Jalen Green on the court is just as pathetic as his stans on Clutchfans. Same IQ too.

4. Jorge M Gutierrez

Is this who u like to be with?

alone?

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Not only that, when Sengun has a bad game he's tired or they blame the system. It's everyone's fault but Alperen Sengun's. Very interesting dynamic

Stephen_A likes this.
  6. tycoonchip

tycoonchip Member
    Supporting Member

He didn't want to be a Rocket. I believe it was because KPJ was on our team. Time to move on though. Time to move on from Green and time to move on from the mistakes and what could have beens.

Astros713 and evo8lover like this.
  7. Bryant2108

Bryant2108 Member

great, another “shooting guard” who can’t shoot

8. cml750

cml750 Member

You mean the the girl in the meme, Jennifer Lawrence? No I am quite happy with my wife of 31+ years.

daywalker02 likes this.
  9. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Please don’t put words in my mouth. I never used the word star with Green. I have been realistic and fair in all my assessments with every Rocket player I have written about. I present information from data, specific examples from game observations, and my knowledge of the game and draw up an assessment. I simply challenge you and these haters who are heavily biased blaming and demonizing Green continually every day on this site. Meanwhile the flaws and errors of other players such as Cam or Sengun are ignored and blindly and errantly accepted and even applauded. I will continue to challenge the perception bias and hate on this site.

And hey u can believe who u choose to believe. Obviously you chose a random biased site that did not present the full data. That’s your right to do so I don’t care

rocketchamp likes this.
  10. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Ahhh yes - the emotional support player. A new advent around here! ;) ... I hate to be THAT GUY, but it will be a revolving door as you can see above Jalen has been identified as THE PROBLEM so Im actually pretty excited for these "Knowers of Ball" to get a first hand glimpse at why this team is limited. (hint: it goes WAY beyond one player). Should be an exciting 2nd half of the season!

34to11 and Stephen_A like this.
  11. Stephen_A

Stephen_A Member

Do you understand the metrics you look at? Do you know what perception bias is? And if you know anything about metrics especially NBA metrics is that a lot of those numbers are manipulated by writers, fans, and twitter sites to paint a narrative and those numbers are simply normalized numbers that shouldn’t be used exclusively without further context and evidence. This is why teams have scouts and coaches to visually observe. Metrics aren’t an all encompassing method to evaluate players as much as you and people like you would love to think so. I already wrote extensively on normalized data like per 36, per 100, and net ratings. The complete story isn’t accounted for. But again idiots like you can rely on metrics especially ones that conveniently fit your agenda. If you weren’t lazy you would take all the data into account combined with qualitative assessment.

#191 Stephen_A, Feb 16, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 16, 2024
    34to11 likes this.
  12. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

It’s unfortunate but I don’t think Jalen will make it to his 2nd contract in this league. John Wall was right, no other team will put up with this bs. Stone has to answer for drafting him and not trading him when he had the chance. I hope we aren’t forced to waive him like the pistons did with Killian Hayes. We have to squeeze some value out of him.

MystikArkitect and cml750 like this.
  13. cml750

cml750 Member

Yes there are a lot of problems with this team. Jalen just happens to be the biggest problem. Diminishing the biggest problem is a good place to start. Wasting more time on him provides zero benefit for the future of this team. Do we have the answer at the 2 guard spot already on the team? We may or may not but it is time to start trying to answer that question for the rest of the season.

maypk likes this.
  14. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Absolutely and I've said as much in general about benching Jalen and to you specifically right? It has to be done at this point if for nothing else to allow you guys that have a better grasp about "knowing" basketball to tell us who the next problem is and how to fix it. I've got my popcorn ready! The poster I was responding to apparently see's this place for what it is and I concur with his sentiment of a fickle and insecure fanbase that needs a pat on the back for their participation in "building" this team while pissing on struggling players they never supported and making excuses for those that they do.

34to11 likes this.
  15. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

GSW benched Klay Thompson and he scored 35 pts off the bench

Maybe benching JG and have him come off the bench will do him good? I love JG but him starting and playing poorly doesnt do him justice. I can see him being mad for getting benched but that might be what he needs to light a fire on his ass. Show everyone you are tuff and handle that **** like a man. It will also take some pressure off from him considering the hate he gets will probably be less coming off the bench, win win situation if anything rn

16. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

Apparently Jalen saw a tweet by Roosh which he did not like and DM'd him.. Man Jalen why tf do u even care about these dudes? Let that **** go and let it fuel your fire instead on the court. Prove the haters wrong.

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

He cared enough in his rookie season to mention it on Paul George's Podcast that some guy wanted him to play in China.....

I remember it very well.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Rumor on Twitter is that Douche fabricated the whole story for clout.

19. OnNotice

OnNotice Member

I been trying to find tweets from him with more proof that it happend but yeah we gotta take his words for it. If this all is true its not a good look for Jalen. Apparently he doesnt want to share the DM conversation saying he is doing Jalen a favor, I really wonder if it went down what they typed to each other.

Apparently they had a phone conversation too? Jalen apparently went off on him lol

20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

This could be a good Saturday Night Live Sketch.