1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[NY Times] ‘My Memory Is Fine,’ a Defiant Biden Declares After Special Counsel Report

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by Os Trigonum, Feb 8, 2024.

1. jo mama

jo mama Member

biden...
    [​IMG]

trump...
    [​IMG]

Nook, Amiga, mtbrays and 1 other person like this.
  2. jo mama

jo mama Member

i dont know if i agree with that. i dont think he is mentally well at all. he rants and raves and lies like a totally unhinged lunatic. he goes off on these multi-hour rants where he just goes on and on and on about himself (how great he is or how unfairly he is being treated by everyone). he is a crazy person by any reasonable persons definition.

rocketsjudoka likes this.
  3. Salvy

Salvy Member

Trump is actually doing amazing considering he is facing political persecution and non stop hate from mainstream media all while campaigning for the presidential election and actively giving over hour long speeches.

4. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

5. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Woke people will always root for woke even though they know it’s woke

@Salvy

example

It’s up to the non woke people to save the country
    The planet
    And comic book franchises

6. Salvy

Salvy Member

Lmao woke have no limits, no ethics, no morals and no brains....

7. tinman

tinman Member
    Supporting Member

Woke is a lie

No L thinks that fat trans is a good looking girl
    no G thinks that fat trans is a good looking dude
    No B would you know 3 way that thing

and that’s it

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I listen to both of them talk at length. I do not understand what Trump is saying half of the time. Not talking about now. I’m talking about when he was President.

#28 Amiga, Feb 9, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Yesterday press conference -

Fox reporter: How bad is your memory?

Biden: My memory is so bad that I let you speak

10. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Yeah that was pretty bad. I still think Biden in his responses to the special prosecutor was being too self serving. He was trying to dodge accountability by I don’t recall. It would’ve been better politically to just admit he was irresponsible storing the documents while continuing to fully cooperate.

FrontRunner likes this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

cognitive decline geriatric Biden, and damn near just as old raging narcissist and insurrectionist Trump

that’s really what’s being provided as options for president…

12. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

Anytime a president or major party candidate is investigated it will be seen as political. This was still the right thing to do and given the seriousness of the issue of classified documents appointing a special prosecutor was called for.

Hur’s report is harsh and it does appear to express frustration with Biden. I don’t see it as overly political or slanted. If Biden did evade questions by saying his memory was bad and under oath seemed to forget important things those are facts.

If we’re going to talk politics it should be clear that Hur isn’t biased to Biden so him declining to press charges appears much more based on the strength of the case than any political bias.

#32 rocketsjudoka, Feb 9, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  13. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

It's the right thing to do, and it's serious.

Regarding the report, I'm holding off on my full opinion until I read more of it. I found it a bit striking to include that quote about his son's death – almost like a cheap shot. The report also has some inconsistencies that look like it was written by multiple people at different times. It's for sure not anywhere close to the dry, emotionless, factual report from Special Counsel Mueller. I'll comment more after I read more of it.

14. juicystream

juicystream Member

You clearly don't listen to Trump enough. They both have a lot of very questionable speeches. There is a difference in how they deliver their incorrect and sometimes incoherent words, but the number of slips ups by both make W look like a wordsmith.

Biden is so old, but Trump is only 3.5 years younger.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I'm listening to a legal analysis on MSNBC and one thing brought up is that Robert Hur might have to go before Congress to explain why he is not indicting. Hur is laying out in his report that Biden's memory is questionable and the evidence showing that his memory is questionable. Hur is laying out a legal justification rather than a political justification.

That this happens to help those opposed to Biden is secondary to whether Hur can legally justify his decision.

FranchiseBlade and luckystrikes like this.
  16. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Let's all remind ourselves that the DNC rigged the primary for Biden (in the name of defending democracy, no less). So cool. Definitely the right move. Everything is great.

Kim, luckystrikes and fchowd0311 like this.
  17. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

One dude is a wannabe fascist and is old and the other dude is an out of touch person who is also old.

Ya at that point in preferring the out of touch person who is old over the fascist. Horrible state of affairs but let this be a lesson that the political elite are the ones who push us towards these lame candidates. Maybe there is a lesson in there somewhere.

18. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Rigged? No one's even come close to challenging him so far.

19. jo mama

jo mama Member

Andre0087 and fchowd0311 like this.
  20. mtbrays

mtbrays Member
    Supporting Member

Huh? Didn't we just spend four years proving that you can't indict a sitting president?