1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. astros123

astros123 Member

Of course I would be happy. I think everyone has the right to a job and work brings value in your life. Get all the homeless off the street clean them up and put them to work or send them to rehab with shelter.

2. astros123

astros123 Member

3. Rileydog

Rileydog Member

And you automatically question the validity of any positive jobs, market or inflation data simply because it is the Biden administration, never questioning for a moment why you are unable or unwilling to accept data.

astros123 likes this.
  4. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

The job market as a whole matters more than a net positive or net negative. I'm more interested in the numbers

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Let's hope this bank doesn't fail.
    #bidenomics

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  6. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

7. astros123

astros123 Member

Bidenomics controls interst rates? Really? You're such a low iq troll. You claim the fed should keep rates high but then wanna blame biden for what high interest rates are doing banks

Jesus this site has the dumbest humans alive. Grown adults being braindead

8. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

I didn't claim anything. I simply asked if the economy was blazing hot like you keep claiming, why do we need to cut rates?

Personally I think it's too late. Powell already said he will wait as long as possible. Maybe May. Any sooner is a mistake. I hope banks don't start failing before then.

9. adoo

adoo Member

i have called him out for parroting false narratives, you're calling him out for his lack of nuance.

it's too bad that you don't understand the answer, which revolves around the fact that the US dollar, over the past ~~~75 years, has been the world's reserve currency.

you've parroted convenient false narratives, without any understanding/nuance, many a times.

yet another eg of Invisible cutting n pasting disjointed info.

the bolded verbiage relates to for-profit private sector companies. Bidenomics relates to economic policies of the US Government, which is not a profit-seeking entity.

The US Government, from the economic perspective, strives to grow the GDP and employment while maintaining price stability.

this is reminiscent of your previous parroting disjointed narrative about the Fed wrecking its balance sheet, without understanding what it means

#1549 adoo, Feb 6, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 6, 2024
    astros123 likes this.
  10. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

11. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Someone watch bidens emails for phishing. Prime target for Nigerian princes

12. astros123

astros123 Member

What does this have to do with Bidenomics. You MAGAts ruin every thread with your garbage.

Trump makes daily gaffes as well. Who gives a **** they're both too old. Debate policy here

Was biden the dipshit moron who kept nuclear secrets in his restroom or was that your cult leader ?

13. astros123

astros123 Member

You can not complain about the national debt but still be okay with fed keeping rates high when the PCE inflation is back at 2.8% and super core CPI (cpi without shelter) is back at fed range.

You want rates to remain high so folks can be mad and vote for trump. Why do you lie

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Banks won't fail because of high rates alone. Higher rates only catalyze the trainwreck happening here.

On the brightside, those institutions collateralized up all the **** and spread it to all the banks, reits, hedge funds across the world. So our midsized banks won't be the only ones to eat that cookie, which means if there is government intervention, officials have wiggle room to weasel around the Bailout word and fool more gullible saps willing to sit and roll over to whatever is being said on the surface.

#1554 Invisible Fan, Feb 7, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2024
  15. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

I'm curious to why @astros123 liked this.

@adoo, as you're an expert on all matters. Can you throw a bone to your very gud boy and fit this discussion of Japanese debt into your narrative?

16. astros123

astros123 Member

17. astros123

astros123 Member

Donk

No Worries likes this.
  18. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

Since accountingtool @adoo is so briiliant at keeping my receipts, I was tempted to bait him into doing my tax returns.

But I'll just end up with a scary deficit where he'll claw and scream that it doesn't exist or matter anymore.

Scott Pelley: Moving too soon would set off inflation again.

Jerome Powell: You could. Or you could just halt the progress. I think more likely if you move too soon, you'd see inflation settling out somewhere well above our 2% target.

Scott Pelley: And what is the danger of moving too late?

Jerome Powell: If you move too late, then you might-- you might-- policy would be too tight. And that could easily weigh on economic activity and on the labor market.

Scott Pelley: Maybe a recession.

Jerome Powell: Right. And we have to balance those two risks. There is no, you know, easy, simple, obvious path.

Scott Pelley: Was the Fed too slow to recognize inflation in 2021?

Jerome Powell: So in hindsight, it would've been better to have tightened policy earlier.

We thought that the economy was so dynamic that it would fix itself fairly quickly and we thought that inflation would go away fairly quickly without an intervention by us. And so in the fourth quarter of '21, it became clear that inflation was not transitory in the sense that I mentioned. And we pivoted and started tightening. And as I said, it's essential that we did that. It was critical that we did that. And that's part of the story why inflation's coming down now.

We wondered about an interest rate cut in the next committee meeting in March.

Jerome Powell: I think it's not likely that this committee will reach that level of confidence in time for the March meeting, which is in seven weeks.

The next committee vote, then, would be in May.

Scott Pelley: How would you characterize the consensus around this table for rate cuts? Is everyone onboard?

Jerome Powell: Almost all. Almost all of the 19 participants who sit around this table believe that it will be appropriate in their most likely case for us to cut the federal funds rate this year.
    As for the entire good interview. Powell was good. The economy is good. Inflation Rate, almost good. Mistakes were made, but there were circumstances. It's all good...

Except the issue has always been that the Fed overcorrects and distorts the economy. If they didn't perform the character of All Knowing Wizard that shepherds the economy from a storm, then it'd be more forgiving (and career ending) to allow that mistakes were made.

Instead you get me or Frontline (or Powell!) "peddling false narratives" about the Fed.

19. adoo

adoo Member

again, Invisible is confused, all mixed up

the Federal Reserve has responsibility for monetary policies, it has nothing to do with deficits.

deficits are the results of fiscal policies, not monetary policies.

astros123 likes this.
  20. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Member

It's obvious Fed and Treasury work together, and for the most part, work under their mandates.

Is that a hill you're dying on, Sheldonbot?

Keep nit pickin those juicy cherries.