1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

There is no way I can know what that poster meant by his tweet. If he meant something like Silas had something personal against sengun and acted with the motive to ruin his career. Yes, that is ridiculous.

But, Silas did not care for Sengun's career being ruined either. He was okay with it: he made no effort to develop him, he blamed him constantly after games, held him (and only him) 'accountable for his mistakes', didn't give him credit when it is due. The guy told sengun not to shoot 3s in a season you are the worst team in the league and kpj could just quit playing, green could do anything he wants. He shook Sengun's self confidence. And Sengun is a very confident person, almost any other rookie would be shattered by that treatment. Sengun survived all of that. And that's as bad as it will get on a professional team. You can essentially call it 'he tried to ruin his career' in a figurative way.

Silas is a very bad combination of a bad coach with very low character. Trying to picture him as having something personal against Sengun is wrong. But that should not diminish the extent of his horrible treatment to sengun. It wasn't a situation that you would see every now and then.

2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Donna Reed broken. records.gif

3. cumutk

cumutk Member

Sengun is long time a professional player since 15 years old, he was playing against grown man and playing european competition and winning MVP in Europe's second best league when other players in Houston aged between 19-23 years old were playing with their toys at home or playing amateur basketball in highschool.
    He knows that he is the best player in Rockets ,everyone with brain knows this, he does not need anyone's approval for this.
    Future is bright for him as superstar potential...

The thing that is so pathetic and funny that still some fans argue or undervalue their best player..
    Rockets has toxic fanbase, in any team if you have a player like Sengun, he takes the first place Credit, you do not plant players like Sengun, Sabonis etc. Everytime...
    Nobody says that he is perfect, but he is the nearest perfect player in Rockets when compared to others.
    If he and Vanfleet were not in this team, Rockets would win at most 5 games this year..
    Just some respect to this kid Who tries to give his everything.
    This kid always played even when he was very ill- for ex.yesterday- and he deserves better fans...
    Criticism sometimes mixed with racism.. be careful about it...Just a little advice..

#11743 cumutk, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
    Ardeus, saleem, HardenReturns and 4 others like this.
  4. omgTHEpotential

You are speaking facts. Seriously, if someone doesn't think Sengun is the Rockets best player, then that said person is a little lacking in mental capacity.

Ardeus, saleem, HardenReturns and 4 others like this.
  5. topfive

topfive CF OG

Except the post in question used the word "literally," which totally negates the idea of it being figurative. And that's exactly the kind of thing I'm complaining about. It's okay to love Sengun as a player without having to convince yourself that people are doing their malicious best to make sure he doesn't succeed.

#11745 topfive, Feb 3, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2024
  6. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

“Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity” I think is a perfect quote to apply to Silas coaching

7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Sure, I agree thinking he has something personal against him is baseless and ridiculous, especially at this point. I missed the literally part. It is hard for me to imagine that this is not figurative speech, that's why i assume it is so.

I have seen so many examples of people trying to downplay what silas did, that's why I always feel the need to point that out, whenever something like that comes up.

topfive likes this.
  8. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

9. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

c00450ea-1add-4018-9d2a-528917847187_text.gif

10. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

You have to keep in mind that you're looking at things differently from the way a rockets fan views things. You only care about one player, not the team, so everything to you is "how much are they pushing alpi". Dude was a full time starter at 20 and you're claiming he was held back, pretty idiotic

11. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Well, you have to keep in mind that 'you care about one player' is not an argument. Everyone is free to think how my thinking is, but 'you care about one player' and 'everything to you is how much they are pushing alpi' do not match with posting history at all.

And pretty much tons or nba characters, media members have said the exact same thing. If a player is starting at 20, he might have been held back or he could be given too much opportunity. Depends on the player, circumstances etc. That argument sounds 'idiotic', since you used the word.

cml750 likes this.
  12. cml750

cml750 Member

Now that we are hearing rumors that Alpi is untouchable in any trade scenarios it is very safe to assume they do see him as the franchise player. He will be the face of the franchise for the next decade.

Ardeus, HardenReturns, cumutk and 3 others like this.
  13. cumutk

cumutk Member

Rockets offense= Alperen Sengun
    He and Vanfleet gives every offensive decision, he and Vanfleet sets up plays, he is the most creative and one of highest iq player not only in Rockets, but whole NBA.
    He pulls the offensive strings of Rockets offense.
    No evidence needed that he is the untouchable player in this team.
    Any Rockets fan who can not see this is either moron or Rockets enemy..
    All offensive good moves start and dictated by him...

HardenReturns likes this.
  14. plegus

plegus Member

“Literally” is literally the new “figuratively”.

topfive and AlperenSengun like this.
  15. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

Waaaaah!

16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I would like to hear though what you think Silas did so well, I mean he must have done something because the majority thinks Alpe did not progress under him very well ....he could have been much more.....

I do not think Silas was malicious but I do think Silas cannot coach big men.....or he has not shown throughout his coaching career.

17. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

You haters posing as voices of reason will be so fun to watch once Alpi gets out of Houston. :cool:

AlperenSengun and daywalker02 like this.
  18. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

The addition of Steven Adams clearly shows the Rockets want to help Sengun out. They have been unable to acquire a healthy backup big for the remaining of this season.

Udoka clearly understands the need for Sengun on the Rockets in the medium to long term, if he keeps on working hard to get better.

19. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Let's just say that a lot of people literally misuse the world "literally."

20. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Fans like hyperbole, nothing new. I agree with you, but the only difference is that Silas was incompetent instead of malicious, the end result of not giving him the opportunity he deserved is the same.

And Silas and his crew did go out of their way to single out Sengun while letting KPJ run amok.

slothy420, topfive, saleem and 6 others like this.