1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

It's a matter of Bidenomics!

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by adoo, Jun 28, 2023.

1. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Ive said it plenty. I have little respect for both sides these days. Get real candidates!

In the mean time, sure, I would love to see biden get wiped out. And Trump too. I really dont care which one wins.

2. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

This is the first time I have heard you say that you would like to see CPI go up. That would hurt Americans. Wasn't sure if you misspoke or serious.

3. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Liberals like to raise taxes (something rarely talked about these days)
    I view CPI as another tax on people who think uncontrollable 120% Debt To GDP is ok

4. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I think most people don't want CPI to go up just to hurt someone, some group, or some type of destructive behavior. You are taking that position. Too much hate, seriously. Trump-like.

5. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

I feel the same way when liberals want to raise taxes.

6. astros123

astros123 Member

You live in some delusional world where @basso @Space Ghost are "moderates" who just have policy problems. They're nutjobs who want bad things to happen to regular people to "own the libs"

"I want cpi to go up so regular folks can suffer so I can own the libs"

Evil nutjobs

7. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

You shouldn't support stupid ideas like MMT.

8. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Do you honestly believe that raising taxes is hateful?

Rising CPI hurts everyone, especially ordinary folks. There is literally no benefit from it, except for the self-satisfaction of seeing destruction and harm. Wanting CPI to rise to hurt someone (Biden) or some group (liberal) is pretty hateful and Trump-like.

Raising taxes on the top earners doesn't hurt ordinary folks. I think liberals want top earners to pay a fairer share (they typically pay a much lower rate). That revenue helps reduce the debt and/or fund programs for ordinary folks. There is a benefit from it. We can disagree on the benefit and the fairness of it, but this isn't anywhere close to being hateful.

ROCKSS likes this.
  9. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

SG might just be trolling for the heck of it. I generally don't believe people are evil, but hate can make you do some strange things.

10. dmoneybangbang

There's more to the economy than the SP500 and stock prices. The Fed seems to be pushing rate cuts into the future, which is telling.

Nook likes this.
  11. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

We agree. increased CPI hurts bottom up. You advocate for MMT, so therefore you accept high CPI. You can't magically inflate the debt away at no cost.

12. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

I have no dogmatic alliance to any monetary system. If there is an ideology I subscribe to, it's rooted more in pragmatism than anything else, but it wouldn't even be that.

You've made a logical error. Advocating for X doesn't imply acceptance of Y. Just because you believe X causes Y doesn't make it an agreed fact. Therefore, it's illogical to assume someone advocating for X accepts Y.

dmoneybangbang likes this.
  13. cdastros

cdastros Member

14. Buck Turgidson

"It's the economy, stupid"

ROCKSS and astros123 like this.
  15. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Have you heard of this guy in this video? Apparently he does. Maybe you should ask him ... and demand him to cut NOW.

16. astros123

astros123 Member

......You're literally making my point. Theres no reason not to cut rates when the interest were paying on the debt right now is too high. Powell is concerned about the debt but wants us to pay more interest to accomplish what exactly??

Makes no sense

17. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Member

Idk. Powell is an idiot. He perfectly orchestrated this soft landing. Maybe trump is onto something. Replace this fool.

18. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

First off the CPI isn’t a tax. Second
    If you’re concerned about rising debt it’s grown significantly under Republican presidencies with things like tax cuts but no decreases in spending. Worse much spending under Republican administrations hasn’t been for things that increase long term productivity like infrastructure.

19. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

Less people living paycheck to paycheck thanks to Bidenomics?

20. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Member
    Supporting Member

I can certainly agree that both the Left and Right in this country have big problems but reflexive cynicism they says that they’re both equally bad and all I’m going to do is complain is also dangerous. Both of the parties certainly have problems but to get anything accomplished it takes compromise and coalition building.

This country is divided and from its founding has been so. Even the Constitutional convention was bitterly fought. An attitude though that everything is bad so I’m going to be above it all and constantly criticize everything is cynical and nihilistic. It’s the opposite of progress and ultimately just leads
    to prolonging the problems that you complain about it.

ROCKSS likes this.