1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chapter 7: Two Green Paths

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Mathloom, Jan 29, 2024.

?

Where is Jalen headed?

1. More bought in, he will take a step this season

53.9%
  2. He is what he is, I do not expect him to improve in the second half

46.1%
  1. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Ok in good will....

What exactly do you think I was suggesting?

2. plegus

plegus Member

Oh I was referring to multiple question marks, not the one I responded initially. Hope all is good.

3. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

I have a slight bit of optimism growing inside of me after seeing this last stretch of games. It may indeed be pointless. I’m just seeing a lot more decisiveness than I ever have out of him.

historically when he hast to put up a shot like at the end of a quarter, game or shot clock. The percentage has been better. it really looks like he is just pulling the trigger on the move or the jumper. That being said, I won’t be shocked if he regresses right back to a poor field goal percentage.

4. ExTexanNowEastCoast

This is a very long-winded way of saying you want JG4 traded and want to start who, Amen or Cam instead? Do you think this will allow Alperen to become the true all-time great center that he really is, and not the dude who just got raped by Jonas Valanciunas?

Please stop this madness.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sure. You are too worried about Jalen Green.

Can I make it any clearer.....I also do not mean it in a disparaging way, at least this time.

It is a volatile time to trade him, if he gets traded then the FO have major concerns that at least I was not aware of.

And you are too worried about fans that don't want Green, that happens to most players.

6. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

You are too worried about people worrying about the perception of Green.

How many levels of meta do you want to go?

Verbal Christ likes this.
  7. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I guess instead of a simple answer, you also just weave it into some cryptic shet.

So at least we are even.

So are hundreds of posters here.

The simplest answer to not worry is to trade him though.

8. Ancient Moabite

You got folks on here claiming to be 40 yrs old but acting like a 4 yr old spazzing out at Chuck E Cheese because he couldn't meet any of the mascots

cbass and Verbal Christ like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

And you got yourself some dude who has no record of being institutionalized acting like a mad man over a vague comment.

Why don't you join the MMA or UFC if you are eager to fight grown ups.

And why is that you hate kids like me. Kids are protected in most countries. Luv being a kid.

Seems like scoring an own goal for attacking a kid even verbally these days.....

#149 daywalker02, Feb 2, 2024
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2024
    HardenReturns likes this.
  10. Ancient Moabite

You are a 40 yr old kid

Your opinion is comedian as well

I didn't know 40 yr olds were so sensitive when being called out on their aunt Lucy replies

Words are weapons so why would I need to go fight in a ring when I can just type away(my punches)

You can take the heat(sun) daywalker, I saw you walk during the daylight in that Blade film, you are who the jealous ones(non melanin vampires) envy

Now go spread your missionary 40 yr old message to the institutions, they need you Blade Christ Messiah

Sincerely

fchowd0311 likes this.
  11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Internet tough guy is not the hill you want to die on, believe me, man.

Snap out of it, spend your time with your friends and loved ones, instead of going after me, a stranger you barely know.

Make friends out there, I think you most definitely need a friend and not some sports fan guy that feuds with you!

Hate and vitriol will only get you so far. Not that I really care, but I have seen resembling people like you.

12. Ancient Moabite

I guess in a make or miss league Green has been making more than missing during this small stretch

I wonder why none of the anti group has posted his TS% for this stretch? Especially since they love to talk about it after bad games

anthony59237, fchowd0311 and Carpe82 like this.
  13. plegus

plegus Member

14. Ancient Moabite

You are truly funny character

You mention name calling

You mention fighting/institution

You replied to my posts with stuff that had nothing to do with my convo

You sent me message crying about aunt Lucy and grown man and family blah blah blah

You are my clutch fan associate/stranger, and last I checked, joking in a respectable manner is all good, if you take it another way, that's a personal fight, don't beat yourself up too bad over it, you may get it once you get to 45-50 yrs of age

You are fighting with your own emo/ego on this, while trying to deflect it on others

And practice what you preach, get off the net and get some fresh air, its good for the Woodwose nostrils

cbass, Verbal Christ and fchowd0311 like this.
  15. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Be Well, well, screw me for not falling for your Aunt Lucy reference.

Bad me for not engaging with you on your topic that I have no interest in.....probably my bad either.

Bad bad daywalker, bad bad Blade....bad bad vampire.....:D:D:D

Now go about your business, dude, ahead lies a productive day!

16. Ancient Moabite

Once you were corrected it wss over, you kept harping about it

You can reply to any of my posts, just make sure you stay on topic

Like if I post ''the rockets are looking to make the play in'''

Don't reply back ''Wayne Gretzsky just purchased Wal-Mart'''

If you do then you are having another aunt Lucy moment

And Blade is badass, so I may have to take that back and just stick with his movie nickname, that you use on this entertainment forum as your stage name

J.R. likes this.
  17. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I’m still completely on the fence regarding Green. Still, it’s mind boggling that the haters can’t give any credit when due. Maybe they would rather be right than see something positive going on with the team.

Further, the KPJ stans who still crap on Jalen even though Jalen’s contributions outweigh what KPJ brought. Jalen has been 100% coachable, not been a distraction, and trying to get better for himself and the team.

I haven’t made up my mind on what I would do with Jalen but he deserves some credit.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

The best gift Jalen gave us was dishing out fat plates of humility! Hope that creates better fans!

19. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Jalen is walking a tightrope right now. Best stretch of his career while trade rumors run rampant. Cam, Udoka, Iko/Stone, Media all putting pressure on him.

Just has to keep focus and build on this run. 20+ efficient points and good effort on defense/transition/boards is all we need night to night.

Ancient Moabite likes this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

It sounds like the trade buzz is only created because there is a lack of trades going on and the trades more than likely happen on the 5th-8th of this month...

It sounds like some of the names such as Dejounte, Lavine and Kuzma are staying till summer.

Those are stalling and they need new rumors and names to fill the empty void.

Guys like Brogdon, Robert Williams, Drummond should be moved in the next days.

And like 2 protected 1st rounders for Caruso, I mean haha.

If not the Wizards, Detroit is definitely dumping a few players around Bojan.....