1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Houston offered "several" Nets picks to Brooklyn for Mikal Bridges

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by HealthyHamstring, Jan 31, 2024.

1. conquistador#11

Awful to give up on a 21 year old Green plus the picks. It's stupid of Brooklyn. Bridges is not Kevin Durant. They're chasing the mistakes they got themselves into. Outside forces going to save the Rockets again.

2. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

What does kawhi have to do with bridges? Bridges had one small stretch in his career, last year with the nets, where he played at a level above an elite role player. Kawhi has his peak played at an mvp level

ramotadab likes this.
  3. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Maybe I'm just in denial but I can't buy any of this.

I'd believe they rolled out their lowest ball offer of Landale, Oladipo and a couple 2nds. Maybe 2030 first. Just see how desperate BKN is to get their picks back. Maybe they strike gold and get Bridges for a roster dump? Nope.

But all of the picks AND Jalen Green? For Bridges? I'd assume Stone knows he's getting fired and wants a foot in the door in Brooklyn if that **** went through. I don't believe for one second that was a legitimate offer.

4. Believe It!

Believe It! Member

Last 5 games...

Bridges 26/3/3

Green 30/7/4

Just Saying :cool:

5. Landry's Tooth

That's ok if you don't like analytics. There's plenty of scoring wings who aren't efficient in this league.

I think Edwards shows signs of getting there. Let's not pretend he's Luka or Halliburton yet...

Criticizing me for having to think about whether I would want Bridges or Edwards just reflects you lack knowledge of Bridges.

6. Landry's Tooth

The production Edwards is putting up at 22 is almost as good as Darius Garland at 22.

Good players, but not rare.

Not talking eye test, just production. Edwards takes more shots and rebounds more. Garland was more efficient and better passer.

7. conquistador#11

What we know to be true is Ime is not very patient. He doesn't want to wait to win. What did he expect? We were under Silas. It was like Dangerous Minds before blondie showed up. We also know Ime has a wandering eye.

Jontro likes this.
  8. Landry's Tooth

Your comment is irrelevant. I was addressing the wing defender doesn't matter. Kawhi is a better offensive player than Bridges which wasn't relevant to the discussion.

I understand you're eager just to pick fights with people and skip the reading comprehension. More civility will earn you more respect.

9. conquistador#11

Don't know how accurate this would be. Mofo promised DHOp to the Texans last season and flamed out.

Yojimbo, rfrocket and robbie380 like this.
  10. Landry's Tooth

3 years and virtually no progress. At this point it's a matter of faith with Jalen.

11. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

doesn't matter is a little strong, but unless you're absolutely elite it's not THAT important. He's nowhere near what kawhi was on defense, let alone offense. He's fine if he's your 3rd best player and great if he's your 4th, but above that he's mediocre as you've seen from his metrics this year, which are horrid

StroudAndYorDaddy likes this.
  12. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If the truth is Ime can't be patient, he should've never been hired here. Jalen for Bridges doesn't even make us a contender. If he wanted any kind of chance at that he should've signed with Embiid/Philly.

Little Bit and conquistador#11 like this.
  13. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

It would be extremely hard for me to believe Ime would ever tell any media member even if he doesn't like Jalen that he dreams to trade Green for Bridges. It sounds so fake and any reasonable head coach knows that type of thing splits locker rooms and worsens chemistry.

plegus, Yojimbo, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  14. MystikArkitect

Who is Evan Sidery? Is Ime driving around downtown Brooklyn looking for Bridges?

15. Landry's Tooth

I get it's what he's been doing the past few months and ignore the prior few years. It's tempting.

Bridges isn't in a good situation. You can make a strong argument Edwards is the 2nd best player on his team.

I just don't care about 40 game stretches that much ultimately.

Again, I said I would have to think about it, not that I would choose Bridges over him. Edwards has more potential. It's more risk. You can't ignore risk.

Just get over it already.

16. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

Probably the only person on the planet who would rather have Bridges than Ant. Bridges' mom would laugh at you.

17. StroudAndYorDaddy

Mikal is the new Malcolm brogdon jrue holiday. Dude is so overrated

18. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

it's just such a bizarre take that it's hard to even argue it

plegus and fchowd0311 like this.
  19. vjohnson

vjohnson Member

now where is the defensive stats cause that’s the biggest difference between the two

20. ExTexanNowEastCoast

This trade is dumb for many reasons:

- Financially it does not make sense because right now we have our young 6 on cheap deals. Even an extension is going to be less than what Mikal would expect to make.

- Talent wise it doesn't make sense because Bridges is already 27, going on 28, and also played three years in college. He has reached his ceiling physically and talent wise. Sure he could score an extra point or so a game, but is that 50M a season for someone who is not really a difference maker? To me, Bridges is comparable to Kevin Martin. You all remember him? People acted like the trade of T-Mac for Martin was equal because of the stats, but those only tell part of the story. We all know who is in the HOF and who isn't.

- We have a very talented group of young players with a lot of potential who just need more time. Maybe if Ime had an actual offensive system/philosophy other than "save us Alperen" and "FVV chucking threes", we would be in a better situation to evaluate. All I see when watching us play is either: (i) a pass to Alperen at the top of the key, or (ii) FVV chucking a three pointer. At least with JG4 playing so well we have a third option - JG4 goes T-Mac.

Still not a system.

fchowd0311 likes this.