1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Chapter 7: Exit Stage Left

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Plowman, Jan 22, 2024.

1. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Plenty of scrawny athletes who just go over people tbh, Morant's done it to multiple of our own players so far in his career in fact. If you go up soft, of course you get bumped. I'm 6'1 and spent half of my life knocking significantly larger and heavier people than me flat on their back either mid-air or full pace running at each other. Jalen has the athleticism and plenty of height, I don't give a **** how big you are, if the dude's knees are in your face before you've left the ground you aint bumping ****.

NewAge likes this.
  2. Rockets34Legend

Rockets34Legend Contributing Member

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

"The team remains committed to helping Green find his role on a better team."

that can be read in two ways :D

4. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

I know it's nothing new but the "last KPJ defender" act is so lame man.

The truth is that you still think it's 1998 and the fact that he scored 19 ppg makes KPJ a good player.

He wasn't good on the court.

He was radioactive off the court.

He is now out of the league.

I can say for certain that whatever happens to Jalen Green at the end of the day he'll have a longer and more productive career than your boy KPJ.

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

I swear DD gets more grief on here about KPJ that Raphael Stone, and Tillman Fertitta. DD is going to continue to defend his prior position. You aren't going to change anything here. It wasn't his fault that KPJ was a monster behind the scenes. It was Stone and Fertitta who harbored that monster. You guys really can't be shocked that DD (or any poster here traditionally) will ever actually admit they were wrong given the set of data and eyeballs they had as a fan.

Horrible human behavior aside, yes it's obvious that if KPJ was still playing basketball and had not (allegedly) assaulted his GF, I could definitely see KPJ beating out Jalen for the starting 2 guard spot for the simple fact that he was a slightly better shooter. Jalen is a talent that I would have preferred to keep and start myself because of the upside if we had to pick 1 of the 2, but KPJ made that choice for us so we don't have to this year.

Right now though the only people we have to blame for Jalen still being the starter is Amen, and Cam for not making it an easy choice to start one of them over Jalen. Jalen has stunk it up this year, BUT he still has these scoring bursts where we have to play him heavy minutes and start him just because we need scoring that bad. Jalen obviously does not look like the solution long term, but right now at this moment he's probably the best perimeter scorer we have. Would KPJ have been better... maybe, but fck him. He sucks as a person so I'm okay sticking it out until a good deal comes about, or we develop a better scorer to take his place (optimal short term and long term outcome).

HardenReturns likes this.
  6. scolandry1

scolandry1 Member

[​IMG]
    chapter 7: ass-et liquidation

7. Castian Crew

Castian Crew Member

Green for Harden straight up. Get it done.

8. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

Nah…. The truth that you defended him probably longer than prudent, and seem to obsessively speckle him into threads where it is not necessary. Start there and then make reference to black fingernails and low basketball IQ, so you feel comfortable.

HardenReturns likes this.
  9. TheBeastSystem

best perimeter scorer we have is cam

10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

The mental gymnastics you have to do in order to jerk off over KPJ, is quite honestly astonishing.

Ok, I'll bite and stoop to your level.

Imagine thinking KPJ provided more space for Jalen, than Sengun does right now. *the entire planet proceeds to laugh right now at you

maypk likes this.
  11. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

One thing is clear. 21 year old KPJ was a better basketball player than 21 year old Green.

Denying that is dumb. KPJ may still have sucked as a Rockets player but skill wise he leaves Green in the dust.

12. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I mean... an elite catch and shoot 3 point shooter will always provide more spacing than a big man that can't shoot the 3. That shouldn't be controversial at all.

13. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Cam and Jabari can do that, and hopefully we add more great shooters around Alpi.

14. maypk

maypk Member

That's exactly what i'd say if I had no idea about what spacing is.

15. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Sure, I was just pointing out it was a weird thing to even talk about. Traditional centers don't provide spacing, shooters do.

It's not a knock on Sengun that KPJ or any good shooter would provide better spacing than Sengun... that should be expected.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It sounds like you probably don't....

17. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

“rockets committed to living with their mistake”.

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  18. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Sengun's gravity creates space for the shooters.

19. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

Translation: He's on the market.

jim1961 and HardenReturns like this.
  20. maypk

maypk Member

Oh, but I do. That's why i don't post craps like "An average 3p% guy with low bb IQ spaces the floor better than a great passing big man who commands constant double teams, it's not even controversial."

But probably in your world, KPJ spaces the floor better than Jokic because he has better C&S 3p%. Again, that's exactly what I'd say if I had no idea about what spacing is.

HardenReturns and AroundTheWorld like this.