1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Unofficial Official Offseason Thread (2024)

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Tuckmose, Jan 20, 2024.

1. raining threes

Yep, and imagine putting another quality WR like Collins, Dell to help keep the safeties honest. Can't cover them all with CJ's accuracy

sydmill and gfab-babyboi like this.
  2. raining threes

How would anybody know this, he's been playing hurt most of the time he's been here.

Same things were said about Tunsil and Stingley, did you say the same things about them when they were hurt?

3. raining threes

Don't know, but I would like to see him healthy so we can find out

panamamyers and Qan like this.
  4. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Sounds like bye bye Singletary

5. panamamyers

panamamyers Member
    Supporting Member

I don't necessarily think it's an indictment on Singletary. I think he can still be a good 3rd down back. He was just pressed into starting and carrying the entire load with an offensive line that couldnt open up any running lanes. I think we could get a better back and still use Singletary.

BMoney, Rudyc281 and raining threes like this.
  6. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

primetime game predictions: Dallas, Green Bay, KC, JAX, BUF

[​IMG]

everyday eddie likes this.
  7. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

I think the O-Line could use an upgrade at one of the spots if the running game is something they want to improve on. You can't just trot out the same guys and expect them to be world beaters - ain't gonna happen. Tytus needs to go back to RT and our LG spot needs an upgrade. Let Patterson and Scruggs battle out for C.

I'm glad DeMeco is seeing the success the Ravens had and is trying/wants to improve the run game. I say the best way to emulate that side of the ball for the Ravens is by signing a top back this year and then drafting one in the 2nd or 3rd round unless Singletary could be had for around his same 23' contract.

So basically utilize 1-2 of the top 3 picks on a Guard and a Running Back while also signing one of the premier backs. Create the one-two punch and bring back the same WR core. Use rest of FA and other picks on defensive upgrades.

CrazyJoeDavola likes this.
  8. CrazyJoeDavola

Dear lord please fix the OL. Running game and pass protection were both below average.

We have a potential MVP QB. It will be amazing to see what he can do with an above average line.

everyday eddie and Rudyc281 like this.
  9. tallanvor

tallanvor Contributing Member

10. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

sounds like DeMeco is not satisfied with front 7 we have on the roster

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Music to my ears!

ROCKSS, Fulgore and Rudyc281 like this.
  12. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I would like faster / shifter back ….and hopefully Pierce can be a goal line back

Rudyc281 and Fulgore like this.
  13. raining threes

I'm thinking a little differently

You gotta think that Howard isn't going to make it back and if he does make it back it's quite likely he wont be the same player. The swing OT position has to be filled through either FA or the draft.

Ryans said he likes Patterson at center, so let Patterson/Scuggs/both Green's fight it out for the LG spot.

Ryans said he wants a dominant DL. That's going to require an investment either in FA or the draft. I'm hoping this is accomplished in FA. I've lowered my sights from Jones to Leonard Williams. I could see a DT rotation of Collins/Rankins/Williams/Hinish and a DE rotation of WA/Greenard/Barnett/Sanders/Horton. That's a 49ers type DL rotation.

I'm thinking they should have enough money to sign a cheap LB like Burks from the 49ers.

In the secondary I like DeJohn who can play either S or CB at 1-23 and then come back and draft Benson or Allen at 2-49. at 3-91 they need to add somebody to Stretch the defense and I'm thinking a guy like Brenden Rice would fill this bill or maybe Ainias Smith. Adding real speed to the WR corps. To help fill the swing OT role trade up to the 3rd using both 4ths and draft Blake Fisher a guy that's played both OT spots well at Notre Dame.

14. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

Get rid of Jacksonville and sub in either Miami or Baltimore.

Hell, we may get both. With CJ, we may be one of those teams that seem like they're in primetime every week.

everyday eddie likes this.
  15. houstonstime

houstonstime Member

If we plan to invest MORE in the OLine, which is crazy to me considering what is already invested: 3 1st rounders and a ton of money in the tackles, a 2nd rounder, a 6th rounder playing far above that, and a solid vet. But if y’all really can’t wait a literal second to let them get used to playing together (not a SINGLE guy played next to someone he’s played next to before this year) then I guess do it with FA… NOT THE DRAFT. Good lord we’ve invested sooooo many draft picks into the line, go buy a guy so we don’t waste a pick and then have to “wait til he gets used to the league” because we obviously can’t do that as we are already off the guys we drafted this year….

gfab-babyboi and raining threes like this.
  16. raining threes

I'm feeling better about not wasting picks with the new OL coaches.

17. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Thinking Dallas (thanksgiving hopefully), KC, GB, and Baltimore and/or Bills as prime time games. Jags for a Thursday game. I can see the Texans playing the Vikings in London as well. Thats 6 or 7 primetime/national games which seems right based on CJ's popularity, great matchups for TV, and the Texans expected rise next season.

#177 Scarface281, Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  18. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

There is a very logical reason for this: Slowick is probably returning.

19. Rockets FTW

Rockets FTW Member

6 was the most of any team last season so I'll say 5 primetime games.

I'll also add that the Texans will have more than 3+ afternoon games 4pm EST for bigger viewership numbers.

Texans might have some of the top rated games on the year for television. Adding a few more star pieces in FA will help that too.

everyday eddie and Scarface281 like this.
  20. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Go steal from the ravens
    Clowney
    Queen
    Madubuike

Come on down

gfab-babyboi and Rudyc281 like this.