1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Identifying the Rockets core

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Mar 9, 2022.

1. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Always

TheJet likes this.
  2. CXbby

CXbby Member

I’m a contributing member here for 20 years, who has lost that tag, lost the ability to post threads, with no explanation except that I’m holding the wrong opinions about the wrong players. I’d love to know what rule you think I’m breaking.

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I'm with you fellas.gif

javal_lon, TheJet and NewAge like this.
  4. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

You lost supporting member tag? As in didn’t pay or it was revoked?

5. CXbby

CXbby Member

I donated something small and had contributing member for probably 15 years. Until a month or two ago and now I can’t even post threads. Which arguably could be a good thing judging by what people can dig up.

6. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

[​IMG]

7. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

Lol, so clutch baits Lin fans by not explicitly quoting Lin.
    the irony of sof being okay with clutch not liking Sengun but the fans of clutch not being able to take it as it is and make up excuses like trolling, he hates sof etc.(as if that is just normal lol), he only reflects what the org thinks. Because it doesn’t fit the narrative of a die hard good fan.

#1167 AlperenSengun, Jan 22, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2024
  8. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

You literally compared Wilt (7 foot tall Lebron) with Jabbar (skinny dude with silky smooth hook shot.) And you're saying Sengun/Jokic is too loose? Come on now.

AroundTheWorld and cmoak1982 like this.
  9. NewAge

NewAge Member

Honestly, this site should be renamed
    Grudgefans.net

clos4life and tycoonchip like this.
  10. AlperenSengun

AlperenSengun Member

It seems to me that @AroundTheWorld is after changing clutch’s behavior. I don’t care much for that, I am rather calling what I see. And it is more about to point out how some posters are completely disingenuous about it. I have seen many sof here blamed not to be rockets fans, player first fan. They were bashed for just expressing their opinions and supporting the team’s best player. And now the same posters defending clutch by saying he is entitled to his opinion but also make up excuses at the same time to prove that this is not the case. Anyway, essentially you are right though. Wish I could limit myself just to basketball talk.

plegus likes this.
  11. plegus

plegus Member

As a human you are literally unable to isolate such close matters from each other to perfection. Not that you don't handle well or anything but your statement is an unintended lie.

12. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

They were very comparable in height, length and scoring prowess. Yes, you could say one was more fluid than the other but they were both unguardable.

I guess you can say Shaq and Chamberlin but still there is a comparison. Whereas, people are saying there has never been anyone like Sengun in the HISTORY of the NBA. NEVER IN HISTORY??

13. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

200w.gif

plegus likes this.
  14. Dobbizzle

Dobbizzle Member

Shaq/Wilt is a fair comparison. Kareem/Wilt is further away than Jokic/Sengun who are basically the same height, same play style. Only difference is Jokic has a bigger frame and better range and a just generally more developed game, because surprise surprise, all of the other people you're comparing have finished careers and hindsight is 20/20. Stop making ridiculous strawman arguments about a 3rd year player and acting like it makes you the authority, it just makes you look like somebody who never learned to argue past the age of maybe 16 or so and doesn't understand that sticking so hard to a fallacy makes you look naïve at best, foolish at worst.

clos4life, cmoak1982 and maypk like this.
  15. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Lol. This is not a Civi War. Im not asking anybody to choose a side. Where that came from, Im not sure. If the Rockets chose to keep Sengun and pay him the max, cool!

Im just simply saying he has weaknesses and its going to be hard for him to matchup with length in the playoffs.

I like Sengun but I just don't think he's untradeable.

16. kubli9

kubli9 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't tell you a specific rule you are breaking but you should remember that this is HIS website, HIS message board. You wouldn't walk into someone's house and start insulting them, it should be the same idea here. You have the privilege to post on CF but he could take that away from you at any time.

anthony59237 likes this.
  17. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Man, you have been a good poster, one of the more levelheaded Sengun fans who joined this site because of him. My suggestion is that you not second guess Clutch and how he runs this site. It's a long history and there's a culture here. Long time members like ATW understands it and doesn't push it even though he is as fanatical about Alpi as any SOF who joined in the past 3 years or so.

Clutch is well-respected with most long time members and around Rockets media circles. Does he have opinions and biases? Of course. Everyone does. But he's mostly fair and tolerant to those who don't agree with him about the Rockets. What ticks him off is people spamming with incessant stuff that significantly lower the quality of discussions here. The "only fans" phenomena, starting with Yao, LIn, and now Sengun, have sometimes pushed the limits to the brink. Sometimes he lays down the hammer just to put a stop to it.

18. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Dude, I like, no love talking basketball but when you say Jokic and Sengun is the same height, you lost me. Jokic is taller and his arms are longer.

Why fans refuse to compare Sengun to Sabonis Im not sure. They are similar in every fashion. However, they jump at the chance to compare him to Jokic. Jokic is a different animal.

19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Maybe just reach out to @Clutch directly and ask - he has always been reasonable - take it from me who got banned for a year, and for good reason - the best course is not a public display it is one of reasonable discourse.

DD

mikol13 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. maypk

maypk Member

Fans refuse to compare Sengun to Sabonis because 21 yo Sengun is already far advanced offensive weapon than prime Sabonis. It shouldn't be that difficult to understand tbh.

duluth111222 likes this.