1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Texans to hire Bobby Slowik as OC

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by hlmbasketball, Feb 12, 2023.

1. raining threes

The OC/Playcaller help hide QB's weaknesses and play to said QB's strengths. They have a lot to do with a QB's success. The way you're thinking teams shouldn't even need an OC because the QB doesn't need a stinking QB.

2. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Another “overrated” Shanahan Tree acolyte just carved up the Dallas Cowboys with an offensive masterpiece.

No Worries, ROCKSS, MadMax and 3 others like this.
  3. raining threes

Some of y'all?

There's no need to have an OC when you've got a great QB? SMH

4. raining threes

Agreed, if he gets offered the Redskins job he should take it. If the Panthers are his only job opportunity is his only choice, he should wait an extra year.

5. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Why the Washington job? In what universe has going from the AFC South with a proven franchise QB to go to the NFC East with no guaranteed franchise QB… a better move for long-term security?

I also doubt he thinks hes truly ready to be a HC… and Washington isn’t going to mess around with new ownership making their first HC hire.

6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I really hope Bobby played conservative all year in order to unleash in the postseason. Finally they let CJ cook instead of forcing the run and we got magic. Stroud is nearly unstoppable once he finds a rhythm.

red5rocket and Two Sandwiches like this.
  7. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

Adam Peters and Drake Maye

Qan likes this.
  8. raining threes

Because they can draft either Williams or Maye and they've already got really good skill position players. Just gotta add a couple of OL, particularly a LT. We've seen how well Slowik can call plays with backup OL. I could see Peters/Slowik bringing in Fant to play RT and trading back into the 1st rd for a LT if one falls to them. Speaking of FA, the Redskins have the 2nd most cap space in the NFL. High picks in each rd and 2nd most cap space is a recipe for success. Gotta hit on the QB though.

9. raining threes

Plus high draft picks in each rd and the 2nd most cap space in the NFL.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. Qan

Qan Member

I think Ben Johnson will take the Redskins HC.

raining threes likes this.
  11. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

Unproven future franchise QB’s….

cmoak1982 likes this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They just fired their entire staff after a mediocre year. Unproven future franchise QB’s. But yes, please take this as your one and only future HC job…

13. raining threes

It's got the makings of a Texans type turnaround. QB picked at 1-2 and high draft picks in each rd. Plus cap space. You're betting Slowik cant develop a young QB after seeing him develop Stroud. I'm betting that he thinks he can. Not to mention all of that cap space available. Plus the extra draft picks gained from the Sweat/Young trades. This should be a very appealing job for a HC candidate.

red5rocket, cmoak1982 and Zen Tabak like this.
  14. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I’m not saying he should leave. It’s a great place to be here. Just saying it could be tempting

Qan and raining threes like this.
  15. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

You mean like the Texans last offseason?

16. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Demeco coming to the Texans was a totally different situation. He was coming “home” to turn around the franchise that drafted him.

17. ROCKSS

ROCKSS Contributing Member

I love this guy, but man, doesn't he need some more experience before running an entire organization? Stay another year or two Bobby and LEARN how to be a head coach from an up and comer...................man I want to be selfish right now :cool: I dont want CJ to have to learn a new offense after year one

18. Champs

Champs Member

Slowik is GONE. Prepare yourself now, I am sure Caserio and company is doing the same. Need to keep the same style O, hopefully.

raining threes likes this.
  19. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

Harbaugh is in San Diego interviewing. This is on point with the rumors so expect Harbaugh to be the Chargers next HC. That leaves DC and ATL as the most desirable destinations.

20. red5rocket

red5rocket Member
    Supporting Member

What are all the openings?