1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Why it’s time to move along from Jalen Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DCRocket, Jan 10, 2024.

1. jim1961

jim1961 Member

If no one becomes available that we really like, then I am good merely getting a quality backup big and waiting till the off-season to try and make a big move.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

We don't need like for like, just trade him for a future 1st and a role player like Olynk - we then use that pick with others to bring in a better player.....move Cam into the Starting lineup and we are better right now with Bullock backing up.

Better, stronger, in every way ....Jalen is a net negative.

DD

MarioKissoDeath likes this.
  3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

BRING OLYNKY HOME

4. Rokman

Rokman Member

A Dennis Schroeder or equivalent would be a substantial upgrade over Jalen's efficiancy and productivity. I'm all for bringing a guy like him in and moving Jalen to the bench or giving Whitmore the starting job and bringing Jalen off the bench. Either way, Jalen should not be starting anymore. He's only lowering his value more and more each game. If he comes off the bench and plays like a legit 6th man he would raise his value more than being a starter with this poor of execution.

#364 Rokman, Jan 14, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 14, 2024
  5. Strawberry Gum

I'm not super sure if Jalen works as a bench scorer at his current level. At the start of the season, he was the starter who was in the reserves lineup at the end of the first quarter and was supposed to cook other team's reserves with isos. Well, it didn't work. He was still inefficient. Ime gave up on that eventually and now he goes out while Jabari goes in and plays with the bench.

I think he still should be benched. I really want to see Cam play extended minutes with our other starters.

6. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

I'm certain that neither the Pistons or Magic would make that trade.

7. marinara

marinara Member

you honestly don’t think they would factor in his massive social media following and the fact they sell tickets around a heritage night ?

It’s not like his a scrub lol

8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

A brokeass franchise would but there are not many of them, this is why you have so many billionaire owners around the NBA.......

I have a question for you though, where is that massive social media following when Jalen Green needs them in the All Star Voting?

He cannot even surpass Klay Thompson as the 10th Vote Getter?

9. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

I just want to remind folks that Philly drafted Markelle Fultz #1 and then cut their losses after 2 seasons, ultimately trading him for a top 20 protected 1st, (considered a terrible trade at the time for Philly), which became Tyrese Maxey. Fultz hasnt done much on Orlando. Point being, at least Philly was able to salvage a bad draft decision by recouping some value that ended up being worth more than the original pick. But that never happens if Philly doesn’t make a tough decision to move on.

I think Jalen will have a better career than Fultz, but i’d rather have a mid first than hope and pray Jalen breaks out. Converting Jalen into a draft pick asset or as part of a package for a good player on a good contract, makes more sense to me than giving him valuable minutes that could go to more promising prospects.

10. marinara

marinara Member

Still doesn’t change my point dude, they run businesses they want to make money.

11. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Most of that social following are just people that want to pose with a celebrity, they do not flock to watch your games....

Even the Gen Z is 100% lazier than the generation before them, you cannot really count on them.

It is a nothing burger.

I have no problem with you falling in their trap, but a professional organization should be smarter than you, no offense.

I would target couples, young rich people, families, and wealthy elderly, those are the 'spending' targets.

12. marinara

marinara Member

maxey was pick 21, how many pick 21s around the league do you think as good as maxey?

do we got for pick 15 because once Kawhi was drafted at 15?

13. marinara

marinara Member

jersey sales

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Post the numbers and compare those to Anthony Edward's and we shall see.

You can believe what you want, all I am saying those are American Ballclubs....

some of the wealthiest clubs in the world....they are not really dependent on one guy selling jerseys....otherwise they would go bankrupt.

You have to target the owners' businesses, if they go down, they crumble.

15. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

my point was that recouping some value and moving on can end up being a good decision.

16. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Fultz did not play 2 seasons with 76ers. He did 2 years of medical evaluation and rehab with them that eventually soured the relationship. Teams were willing to take a chance on Fultz because he was still a mystery box and no one knew his actual abilities on the court.

Green has 2.5 seasons of sample size now to show his value, there's no tricking anyone about his "potential". No one is giving you a mid first rounder for him.

Just ask yourself, if Jalen was on Detroit, would you trade a first round pick for him right now to bring him to Houston

17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I think Maxey is a risky proposition because it is rare a 21st pick turns out this way....I would deal Green in the offseason or next year.

18. Ancient Moabite

Look at it from a birds eye view

How can LeBron and others have 10-50 million social media followers but only get 2-3 million votes?

I don't think fans should vote a player in who is not worthy, it almost happen with Kanter some years back, and Kobe got voted in by Lakers nation to start in 98' game(coming off bench for Lakers)

So LeBron should have at least 10 million votes, and Green would get voted in if he played for the Lakers

Poor Jalen, he has triggered his fan base to Joker level in the dark knight film

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

LBJ does not need any more votes, dude is a grandpa.....or one soon to be.

People are tired of voting for him and he still gets about 4 million votes (already at 3 million) in the end......

different story for a young guy who has never sniffed anything like that.

20. Ancient Moabite

LeBron was getting the same number of votes basically for past 15 years(young/prime)

So now he should be getting more playing in LA and he has way larger social platform than Green

If Green social media followers actually voted him in, you would pout and cry a blue Nile river

But you flip it and ask why haven't they voted him in

Its a diff story for Green because he isn't playing worthy of All-Star, so the coaches nor even his die hard fans should vote him in

Even Sengun is most likely to get hosed (i hope not)by the politics of the game and they are going to make him prove it next season like they do for many 1st time all stars