1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Cam Whitmore is the franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by fchowd0311, Jun 26, 2023.

1. CHAMPBOY

CHAMPBOY Member

Cam, Amen and Sengun are going to be our STARS

Holybats and DaDakota like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

This an example of trashy comments I mentioned earlier. Pathetic!

gfab-babyboi likes this.
  4. Mathloom

Mathloom Shameless Optimist
    Supporting Member

Couldn't have come at a better time. Silver lining of these injuries is it forced us to play Amen/Cam more.

When Dillon and Tari are back, we're also going to have Cam playing like a 6th man of the year and hopefully letting Jalen understand that his starting spot is not secure anymore.

ramotadab and Jontro like this.
  5. cheke64

cheke64 Member

We need a new book series for Cam. Tired of the Jalen Green chapters

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

He definitely has more IT factor than Green did his rookie season. Seems more in control with the ball in crunch time. Maybe it’s just because of his size but he doesn’t get bullied AT ALL.

#227 REEKO_HTOWN, Jan 11, 2024
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2024
  8. El_Conquistador

El_Conquistador King of the D&D, The Legend, #1 Ranking
    Supporting Member

Whitmore is a championship piece. No doubt about it. He's doing this at 19 years old. Very mature physical body with strength. Explosive athlete with skills. He's turning into what people thought when they projected him as a top 5 pick.

9. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Just don't start any threads about "Cam WHITMORE PART 1 THE REVELATION" or whatever because of the karmic death sentence you inevitably visit on their careers.

10. marinara

marinara Member

Freaky athlete, ideally when Brooks is back I'd trade tate and landale for some sort of big or even just an atheltic C and a pick.

Should be 7th man after Tari, let him grow into that main scoring role off the bench for now.

11. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Need to see Cam get some burn with the starters and opposing front line defenses. For science.

12. glynch

glynch Contributing Member

Cam is looking like he will be ready for the playoff rotation.

13. TriumVirate

TriumVirate Member

He is also in a much better situation lol. Our younger players from previous drafts have to deal with Silas and KPJ. This year's rookies get to be coached by Ime and his staff as well as playing alongside vets like FVV and Dillon.

ramotadab and wlekfjv923n like this.
  14. YOLO

YOLO Member

First player off the bench last night. Played meaningful minutes starting early in the game and the longest stretch to date.

And most importantly Ime trusted him in crunch time on the floor. Huge moving forward and he's way ahead of schedule in terms of what most expected

15. TEXNIFICENT

TEXNIFICENT Member

Cam is putting straight pressure on the wings to get their crap together or get the hell outta the way. This is the beauty of having a coach open to having a competitive situation for minutes. It’s nut cutting time for Green, he’ll get every opportunity but Jalen will have to perform to hold his spot. The Rockets have a better group and a different environment now. I’m loving it.

16. plegus

plegus Member

Armchair analysis:

I am very glad that Cam has chosen to play basketball. If he didn't, he could have been a psycho murderer. Guy has that vibes. He irks me. Just Like MJ, I always thought if MJ wasn't a basketball player he could have started the 3rd world war. Yikes.

DISCLAIMER: I am the biggest Camzilla stan if you haven't noticed yet.

Hakeemtheking, TheJet and ramotadab like this.
  17. wlekfjv923n

wlekfjv923n Member

Yes! Didn't he play to close out the game in Q4 and OT? I like that he can score within the context of a game, not iso, trying to make something happen and end up getting stufffed or turning it over, which is basically the worst offensive possession because live turnovers lead to transition buckets and momentum swings. Which is what JG does at least once every game. Off topic but there's always that one thing every player does at least once every game. Tari getting a random completely out of nowhere steal and a bucket on the other end. Tate fouling a jump shooter. JG with the tough contested hero ball jumper. and of course Sengun making that wow play whether pass or shot.

ramotadab likes this.
  18. solid

solid Contributing Member

I am starting to wonder exactly how good Cam is going to be.

ramotadab likes this.
  19. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

As good as he wants to be - guys that play that hard, and with that much aggression/force - AND can finish - usually turn out really good.

DD

Hakeemtheking, solid and plegus like this.
  20. Rokman

Rokman Member

Every game Jalen should get 2 less minutes and Cam should get 2 more. Won't take long before Cam is our Starting SG. He checks all the boxes and Jalen checks none.