1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eason - bench Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023.

1. Hemingway

Hemingway Member
    Supporting Member

Yes to no. 1
    No to number 2

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Come on Ime, we can all see that Green is holding this team back - do what you said....hold them accountable - he needs a good long dose of pine.

7 pages of bashing and haterism - for the blind to see.......Jalen Green will take YEARS to ever become a good NBA player - start Tari - best player plays, no more coddling for draft position.

DD

#302 DaDakota, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    Tankeio likes this.
  3. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

A guy like Green (if he was good) is what we need in this starting unit. We have enough defenders in that group. So I think Ime is just trying to keep some continuity and hope he gets going. But do I think Eason should play 30 mins a game and Green under 25 most nights? Absolutely. Should Green close a game if he isn’t hitting shots? Absolutely not.

HD729 and Little Bit like this.
  4. Sengun

Sengun Member

Green shouldn't close any games. If he had closed yesterday, Rockets probably would not have won the game, just like the Cavs game. The most important reason why the Cavs game was lost was Jalen Green because he did not use the ball at all in the 4th and overtime and disappeared.

The man doesn't know how to play without the ball, has no defense, and is dysfunctional unless he can shoot on the court.

I think the Rockets should consider him as a sixth man now.

5. DaDakota

Supporting Member

But he isn't and to continually HOPE he is good when you have others on your team that are better is mind numbing.

I would rather see Cam chucking up shot after shot than watch Green wander around like a basketball neophyte.

DD

Y2JT, Tankeio, PeterKingX and 2 others like this.
  6. thedude077

thedude077 Member

By now we would have seen Jalen Green putting franchise player numbers. But he's not. He isn't 2 overall draft pick. They need to trade him before is too late. Then they should start Tari Eason at 2.

7. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Only if KPJ had a great attitude...arguably, he was our best player last season. If KPJ was still on our team (with an improved attitude/persona), he would supplant Jalen as the starting SG.
    Our best bet is to ride this wave and wait until an opprtune time to package him in a trade to upgrade our SG position.
    Besides Donovan Mitchell, there not many SGs that's available that we can trade for that as deem as an upgrade

DaDakota likes this.
  8. Umut

Umut Member

Is it how you start or how you finish that matters? I think secondly, Eason should definitely be in the squad to finish the match, even if he is not the starter.

Y2JT likes this.
  9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Jalen Green is Von Wafer part 2......

DD

10. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

I thought you loved Von Wafer.

Did you secretly comparing Jalen Green to Von Wafer all this time? Everything makes sense now! ;)

11. DaDakota

Supporting Member

As a backup energy guy, sure....not as a starter, and they were both super athletic, and poor at most everything else....I believe Von was even called RADIO because his BBALL IQ was so low.....Jalen is Von.

As a number 2 pick he is officially a bust.

And If I did, I was right all along..... :)

DD

#311 DaDakota, Dec 24, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 24, 2023
    Easy likes this.
  12. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Most would have no issue replacing green with a 3d shooting guard like a danny green type player or a JJ reddick but dont want to replace him with a guy like Tari.

13. harold bingo

harold bingo Udoka Only Fan
    Supporting Member

If your answer to number 2 isn't Jalen, then who is it? I guess Landale at 151 minutes? He probably less overall detrimental play but more detrimental per minute than Jalen?

14. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

But you didn't call for trading Von, did you?

15. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

I 100% agree with you, but the reality of the situation is that being picked higher in the draft gives you a way longer leash no matter how you perform. And Jalen shows enough flashes to keep a little hope alive. Personally I’d throw Cam in that lineup today but that’s just not how things work

DaDakota likes this.
  16. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

Why is everyone so hype on Cam being our starting SG??? Everyone lights up the G League...his ball handling skills are still subpar which makes him limited with his playmaking

17. Shroopy2

Shroopy2 Member

Its putting Tari at the 3, move Brooks to the 2.

18. lockedin34

lockedin34 Member

Because we literally just need scoring from our 2 guard spot. As far as the playmaking, Vanvleet avg 9 assists per game, and Sengun has the ball a lot. Cam will play well off of those as a scorer. We don’t need him to be a great playmaker. Get the ball and get a bucket. I think he can do that right now more efficiently than Green

Y2JT likes this.
  19. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

What makes you say/think that??? 14 points in 14 minutes in garbage time? Avg. 26 pts/game in the G League vs scrubs who can't make the rotation for the Detroit Pistons?
    I know Jalen Green is not playing to our expectations, but saying start Cam at the 2 is quite asinine

20. Francis3422

Francis3422 Member

The biggest thing we need from SG spot is efficiency. Even if we only get 14 points from the starter. It just has to come on a good field goal percentage with low turnovers. Sengun/Smith/FVV can provide the points.