1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Alperen Sengun is the Rockets' franchise player

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by AroundTheWorld, Jan 17, 2023.

1. maypk

maypk Member

Just a d*mbass post and no new thread? Seems like Alp is not the only one struggling lately.

HardenReturns likes this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

3. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

4. A_3PO

A_3PO Member

It's interesting the top 5 flags are all "foreign".

5. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Chickens are coming home to roost. Sengun fans spent the latest 20+ games telling us Sengun's our best player, and how he's the imaginary anchor of our defense, and now he's sitting on the bench because his inability to play effective defense. Now is this Silas's fault too?

shakes05 likes this.
  6. hlmbasketball

hlmbasketball Member
    Supporting Member

Seems like everyone benefits playing with Alpi. Lol

clos4life likes this.
  7. Houston77

Houston77 COOKIES AND CAKE, MY TEAM BAKED!
    Supporting Member

So, the last couple games are more meaningful than the prior 20+, as you admit? Did you even think before posting?

cryout75, IvanLCPM, Boii and 5 others like this.
  8. rocketchamp

rocketchamp Member

Yes I always think before posting. And I'm smart enough to realize our best player is FVV, who is also our most important player

9. OremLK

OremLK Member

Technically correct since Shai is Canadian but in terms of basketball culture... ehhh

(see what I did there?)

[​IMG]

10. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

I kinda agree with you...let's just think about it, can we win a Championship as Sengun as our go-to player? Right now from an eye-ball test of his trajectory, I would say no...I love him on offense, but since he's a liability on defense teams can scheme to get him out the game or dictate the rhythm of the game as we seen as he battles against athletic talented bigs.

11. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

Shall we talk about this then?
    (On a side note, "Allergen Sengun" is a thing of beauty.)

12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Allergic to Sengun...lmao.

clos4life and tagedieb like this.
  13. invocux

invocux Member

You probably can't win a championship with Shai, Haliburton and Tatum either. To win a championship you absolutely have to have a tier S superstar. If that's what we want we should trade our entire young core for a superstar wants out of his team.

shakes05 likes this.
  14. roslolian

roslolian Member

Sengun is probably tired/burned out and playing thru pain and injuries. Remember he had a sore back but somehow only missed 1 game.

The biggest issue is the Rox dont have any capable backups at C and PG. Amen can be the backup pg to give FVV rest but we can't count on Jock Faildale to play decently. Part of this is also on Ime the clear solution is split Jabari's time at both starting pf and backup C and have Jeff Green, Tate and hell even Cam take the backup PF minutes.

clos4life and HardenReturns like this.
  15. Ankara1923

Ankara1923 Member

Silas did not let Alp to shoot 3s (was OK for me, as I explained here several times, it is a waste of resources) but had a struggling effect on Alp, "Shoot when convenient" would be better advise than "never shoot".

Udoka does not want Alp to make extraordinary things.He wants to use him as robotic. When Alp passed a certain number of assists Ime responded (something like): "Yeahh, but he would do much earlier if he did not try make fancy passes".

The man instantly killed the beauty of Alp's basketball and our joy. Sengun was a walking highlight, not any more. Alp is going to become a kind of boring type of 2011-12 season Utah's Al Jefferson (19.2ppg, 9.6rpg, 2.2apg).

It is certain that Ime Udoka is very good coach but he is -at least at the moment- not a great one. He lacks concentration at the certain parts of the game, late for responding (certainly better than Silas but still too behind), and will cost us either Jalen Green or Sengun (may be both).

A great coach would improve JGreen's points, Alp's assists, Bari's rebounds, Tari's minutes. Only Bari part seems working at the moment.

Winning is important but we also want to watch beatiful basketball when witnessing our core (JGreen/Alp/Bari/Tari/'23 pick) progress. JGreen seems a lost case at the moment and Alp is going in the wrong direction. Why Rockets pays to Ime then? For employing more salary fillers?

16. Easy

Easy Boban Only Fan
    Supporting Member

Warriors fans are allergic to Sengun. I like it.

17. shakes05

shakes05 Rookie

I agree with the players you listed except for Haliburton...Shai and Tatum can get buckets for you during crunch time. I think we have some great young pieces to make a blockbuster trade for a Superstar when the opportunity presents itself.

18. clos4life

clos4life Member

Unfortunately it seems some of our own fans are allergic to our 21 year old rising center being recognized around the league.

Maybe they should be rooting for Staph Curry instead.

Easy, AroundTheWorld and daywalker02 like this.
  19. TimDuncanDonaut

#11 Domantas was born in Oregon, #17 KAT was born in NJ, we can claim them. :D

[​IMG]

cml750 and Os Trigonum like this.
  20. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

I personally don’t give a **** about “beautiful” if this translates to winning later on.