1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Spurs @ Rockets 12/11/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Dec 10, 2023.

1. albuster

albuster Member

The rest of the league might want to look at this game and learn how to play the Rockets and control Sengun. The Spurs just packed the paint and double teamed Sengun, clogged the lane to prevent drivers, and dared the Rockets to shoot from distance. Hopefully, this scheme only worked because practically the whole team had an off night. Tari just overworked everyone and was the main difference.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

3. MystikArkitect

Jalen going to be "DNP - Headache or something believable idk" next game then.

ramotadab and Downtown Sniper like this.
  4. jim1961

jim1961 Member

Starters: 49 pts
    Bench: 44 pts

5. chenjy9

chenjy9 Numbers Don't Lie
    Supporting Member

If we win, that's not necessarily a bad thing in the long run. Shows our depth has tenacity and potential.

6. jim1961

jim1961 Member

7. MoochiSmoochi

MoochiSmoochi Member

I’ll be honest, I didn’t watch tonight’s game and I’m glad I didn’t because stats looks horrendous and probably did my self a favor. Glad Tari had a break out game but what the heck happened to Jalen to be the only guys with -14?

8. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I doubt we will be this cold again, I swear Brooks had like 3 in and out on his 3's.

albuster and ramotadab like this.
  9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

To make it work, Pop should not let his players shoot 12% from 3.....

They tried to control the boards but still came up short by 9.

albuster, 13 in 33 and ramotadab like this.
  10. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I definitely did.

Not having to watch Jalen again for the entire fourth quarter.

Y2JT likes this.
  11. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

Honestly did a double take because I thought that was Jalen's highlights from 80% of his games.

12. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

No. The guy sucks.

eman likes this.
  13. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The way we played deserved exactly that.
    Now those with weak stomachs can find a place to hurl. Quick!

ramotadab and Tfor3 like this.
  14. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

Probably the least enjoyable game I can remember watching in a very long time. Well, considering I’ve tried to forget all 3 years of the Silas era. But watching Tari take over and close things out was a great consolation.

15. Dr of Dunk

Dr of Dunk Clutch Crew

Not when you realize we're playing against a team with 3 wins, on a 17-game losing streak, who barely managed to put up 20 points a quarter. But at least we won. We need to find some consistent offense somewhere instead of having damn-near everybody go cold at once. Our defense was great, but the Spurs give up over 120 ppg, and we still had trouble scoring. If we had lost our 2nd game to a 3-win team, I'd be pissed (Hi Suns). lol.

ramotadab likes this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Chuckled 1000x.

Tfor3 likes this.
  17. Germanturk

Germanturk Member

It was not a very nice game but this was a must to win game! There was no beauty award given at this game! Its wa win and thats enough for this game i think! There is no more to talk about this game!

ramotadab likes this.
  18. JW86

JW86 Member

Oof this was rough, that first quarter must be the worst I've seen in quite a while. And I'm sorry to say that when we did get a lead there in the 2nd or 3rd, Jalen Green came in and it all went to ****. This guy is just not good with the ball in his hands, terrible shot selection, truly does not understand how to use a pick and roll properly and with the shaky handles I wonder if he will ever get it.

Glad to see Tari ball out, FVV hit a nice streak there, Jabari pull out the stops - though of course our home statisticians failed to do their jobs as Jabari had at least 2 blocks if not 3 and got credited for 1. Jeff looked good too, on offense haha, and Amen looked alright too. The fact that we were scared to get into the paint was bothersome tbh, we need to practice against Boban more.

Officiating was again an issue, but both ways. That referee definitely saw Sengun on the floor getting his arms hacked, but chose not to call the fouls. Time to send some tapes, but every single team. Btw loved Zach Collins two shots in a row roll out at the last second in the first half. Karma baby.

Easy, ramotadab and daywalker02 like this.
  19. tagedieb

tagedieb Member

Def not calling them "highlights"

daywalker02 likes this.
  20. maypk

maypk Member

You just have no idea about basketball clown, and from now on you're on ignore. Keep barking or not, idc.

#1120 maypk, Dec 12, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2023