1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Official] Texans @ Jets

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by Castor27, Dec 8, 2023.

1. GOATuve

GOATuve Member

Yeah the QB should be the first there and last to leave. Bad situation all the way around.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  2. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

GET A ROOF, YOU COWARDS!

3. astrosrule

astrosrule Member

He’s probably the laziest player this side of jamarcuss russell. When you just don’t care at all, it’s impossible to be a good qb. I hate him for that and always will, complete trash of a pick

cmoak1982 likes this.
  4. evilhomer

evilhomer Member

Can Matthew kick a wet football…if it comes down to a field goal I’m going to lose my mind…

MadMax and cmoak1982 like this.
  5. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

Weird for me that I don’t have many memories of the Oilers or Texans playing the Jets…like ever. One playoff game for the Oilers I recall. The game that immediately preceded the Elway come back against us that year.

I’m certain the Texans have played the Jets a few times…I have zero recollection of those games, and I’m certain I probably watched them all. May have even been at one.

conquistador#11 and desihooper like this.
  6. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Lance Z said Carr would beeline it after practice to get home. Great family man by all accounts, just didn't put the requisite time in outside the building to be successful. Also thought I heard his dad was very present and maybe too involved in trying to influence how things went on the field as he was out at a lot of the practices.

cmoak1982 and MadMax like this.
  7. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

More money keeps coming in for the Jets. Line moved from -3.5 to -3 this morning.

8. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I guess it’s hard for some to prioritize work over family. I get it completely.
    I also don’t understand putting in that much work to get to the NFL and not give it your all

desihooper likes this.
  9. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Ok, I’m sure it’s been talked about somewhere…What streaming service does CBS work for? I have Direct TV and there is still no deal. What service do I need to buy?

cmoak1982 likes this.
  10. desihooper

desihooper Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I remember the Sanchez debut where they embarrassed the Texans at NRG. There was also a game in 2018 where the Texans went to MetLife and got a win they needed to help win the division. Too bad they got embarrassed by the Colts at home in the first game :oops:

cmoak1982 likes this.
  11. cmoak1982

cmoak1982 Member
    Supporting Member

I cancelled my Directv this morning and got Fubo

mikol13 likes this.
  12. conquistador#11

The shirts. Awe que cute.

Stroud: "You should come to Houston. I'm a put in a word in for you with Nick and Hannah."
    Garrett: "For realz? Let's do it!"

no that was not said. but it'd be cool

cmoak1982 and Fulgore like this.
  13. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

This might explain the line movement. We have the sh*ttest crew officiating our game today. I hope the coaching staff lets the players know and has them prepared for this. Unlike the Jax where it seems the staff didn’t tell the players the refs were one of the flag happy crews of the year.

#93 percicles, Dec 10, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2023
    cmoak1982 likes this.
  14. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

Could anyone please help with a link or a way to watch when you’re not “in home”? I’m at a loss how to watch.

I have to be at a kids bday party and can’t be “in home” to watch. Xfinity app and website won’t work if not “in home.”

Thanks.

cmoak1982 likes this.
  15. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

@MadMax , I could never forget 10/08/2012 Monday night football Texans vs Jets. Texans win 23-17. Arian Foster was a beast.

Why do I remember? What makes it special? My youngest son was born an hour earlier. I held him the whole game while we watched in the hospital. I was talking to him, explaining every play. One of the best days of my life.

16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Wasnt the Buddy Ryan punch vs the jets?

MadMax, cmoak1982 and conquistador#11 like this.
  17. percicles

percicles Contributing Member

maybe try the CBS app on your phone? Otherwise radio or illegal streaming link but I don’t know any of those. Sometimes youtube has illegal live streaming of college games if you search. Don’t know about NFL. But they get taken down.

cdrive likes this.
  18. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Getting bad vibes on this game. Feeling a FG fest coming on for some reason. Ugly.

[Given my NFL prediction hit rate, y'all should run and bet the over.]

19. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Download DOFU. Free and you can watch every game. They show every sport except college basketball

cmoak1982, cdrive and Two Sandwiches like this.
  20. Two Sandwiches

Two Sandwiches Contributing Member

That was my wedding anniversary. Watched that game from my hotel room in Niagara Falls, Ontario. I remember that distinctly.

MadMax, Buck Turgidson and mikol13 like this.