1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I agree with you. Settlers that only defend themselves are not legitimate terrorist targets. Settlers that commit violence against Palestinians and those that give them aid are legitimate targets.

The settlements are illegal.

LosPollosHermanos likes this.
  2. right1

right1 Member

What about Jews living in Golan Heights and East Jerusalem? Is it ok to kill them and their kids? We are all settlers all over the world. Where do you draw the line? This is setting a precedence of violence and terror without end. What about illegal immigrants crossing over the Southern border and illegally settling in Houston? Should we kill them?
    Personally, I think anyone committing violence towards, raping or killing another human being should be held accountable, prosecuted and incarcerated. This goes equally for Jews, Palestinians, Muslims, Druze, Christian, IDF, Hamas, maypk, ATM or whoever.
    Ideally, Jews and Palestinians and everyone else should be able to live together in peace and equality throughout the entire Levant like they do already inside Israel for the most part...like we keep striving to do in the U.S... making friends, marrying, working together, mixing, starting families.
    Personally, even moreso than a 2 state solution, I would like nothing more for them to be able to experience an iconic, "Mr. Gorbachev....tear down this wall!" moment. But, how in the world do we get there? It is not by killing civilians, constant terror attacks, violent Jewish settlers, Hamas implemented sharia law or a mindset of hate & violence that promotes ongoing war and disaccord.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

Curious. If you are a Palestinian who has experienced being displaced from your home, and I'm not referring toit happened to your grandparents... but rather you individually in the past couple of decades

Do you have a moral right to use force to retake that home?

I'm not referring to where he the attempt is reasonable or pragmatic, but morally justifiable?

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

You are no longer a settler if you were born there. If you actively displaced someone the person being displaced has a right to take it back.

But we don't punish people for the sins of their fathers.

Many of the Israelis living there, their parents or grandparents were the settlers. Not themselves.

Every human has a right to call the place they were born and raised their natural home because what else do they know as home then?

It would be just as immoral if a Native American violently took over the home of some random white suburban family

5. FranchiseBlade

Supporting Member

I think it depends on which settlers. Certainly not children. It's so complicated. Because what if a settler moves into the settlement at a later time, like just a year ago, and then wasn't one that kicked you out of your home prior to that?

fchowd0311 likes this.
  6. trustme

trustme Member

“Just because rapists have guns to carry out the rape against a woman does not make them a legitimate terror target.”

7. trustme

trustme Member

I can’t believe that dumbass kid voted for Hamas when she was still in her moms ovary.

8. trustme

trustme Member

9. ROXRAN

ROXRAN Member

I can't believe Hamas would use that baby as a shield regardless of the 75 percent of Palestinians that support

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  10. maypk

maypk Member

Since IDF and Israel refused to allow any international independent committee to investigate to determine the cause of the death of those people and since IDF and Israel typically lie about pretty much anything (beheaded babies, baked babies, intercepted call between Hamas militants after hospital bombing, Hamas HQ under Shifa Hospital and many more) that will gain them sympathy around the world, political power, and reasons to invade more lands and since there are reports on the Israeli media that suggests most of the people were killed by IDF helicopters on the concert area and since IDF and Israel typically show no respect for human life and innocent civilians; I believe I have every right to assume that IDF is responsible for civilian casualties on October 7.

If you, the IDF, or Israel have any proof that says otherwise, feel free to share it so I can apologize.

Just to be clear, by proof, I mean real proof and not some photoshopped trash of so-called beheaded babies.

11. maypk

maypk Member

LOL, any armed settler is a legitimate military target. I'm not saying that; international laws say that. You can't claim self-defense in the land you steal from others.

12. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Just to reconfirm, do you consider ALL of Israel to be stolen from Palestinians?

13. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

14. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Member

It can all be stolen land and the Israeli civilians who were born and raised there still have every right to live there with their existing property and rights.

Just like how the USA is built on stolen land but that doesn't give a moral right for a Native American to forcefully remove some random white family in the suburbs.

But for active CURRENT settlers, that is a different ballgame.

#4814 fchowd0311, Dec 8, 2023
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2023
    FranchiseBlade likes this.
  15. trustme

trustme Member

Source: trust me, sis.

16. trustme

trustme Member

“Why do they hate us?”

“"They took the martyr Thair Abu Assab to the bathroom door and beat him with these and it opened his head. He (the warden) saw that blood was coming from his head and then he continued to hit him in the shoulder and broke it. Then he went on and hit him a third time and a piece of his head fell to the floor, we saw that something fell between us."”

17. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member

18. trustme

trustme Member

Look at this human shield. A whole grown ass man was able to hide behind this baby. Physics is khhhhamas!

19. trustme

trustme Member

gouged eyes and broken arms. Seems more like something Israel would do. And yes there actually is evidence of this.

20. AroundTheWorld

Supporting Member