1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Hamas attacks Israel: Yom Kippur War, 50 years on

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by basso, Oct 7, 2023.

1. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

2. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Happy Hanukkah.

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. maypk

maypk Member

4. maypk

maypk Member

A Neo-Nazi Zionist moron who accuses everyone and everything of anti-Semitism; celebrates the death of 20,000 civilians.

5. right1

right1 Member

Can you verify this? Zooming in, the facial features, coloring (not quite dark enough) and lack of and style of facial hair do not look Palestinian.

6. Nook

Nook Member

The problem is that leadership of one state it at least partially responsible for the other state being ruled by a terrorist organization, and partially responsible for the conditions in the other state which has led to so much hatred and dispair.

It isn't as if Israel has clean hands in this situation - and Israel at different points in time have had leaders that want unrest in the Palestinian territories - including their current head of state.

At this point Hamas has to be destroyed, but Israel and the USA needs to learn from this because they partially created this monster - and how Israel responds over the next 15-20 years is going to have a lot to do with how the situation will be long term.

While peace seems impossible, remember that Egypt was the one that said they wanted to erase Israel from history first - before the occupied territory boundaries.

Once there are two separate states, then long term negotiations can take place - even North and South Korea have had some degree of success in this way.

The issue is that RIGHT now there are leaders in Palestine that want to kill all of the Israeli's and to take back Jerusalem and there are leaders in Israel that want to subjugate or force out the Arabs in the occupied territory so that Israel can grown in size and wealth.

It isn't easy and it takes some degree of cooperation or mutual understanding.

7. Nook

Nook Member

Article 99 isn't as simple as people dying or even genocide - it pertains to a possible global threat. That is why the Middle East issue is Article 99 most likely. There is a real threat of multiple countries being sucked into the dispute.

8. trustme

trustme Member

Not even the horses are spared.

maypk likes this.
  9. Nook

Nook Member

I know some Palestinians ...... and yeah, Hamas is and has been hated in Gaza and the Westbank. The question isn't whether they are hated or not, the question is whether they hate Israel or Hamas more.... also, some of the Palestinians I know have said that there is peer pressure to support Hamas publicly, that they are like the creepy uncle that is blood but everyone hates.

If the people I know are to be believed, there are a lot of Palestinians that really don't like Israel, but like the Irish - they just want to be able to live and thrive, regardless of what is said publicly. Hamas for example has murdered a lot of Gazans that have either spoke poorly of Hamas or have expressed publicly a desire to stop fighting with the Jews and work out some agreement where they can thrive. As my friend Anwar said, there is a reason that all the people you see complaining about Hamas in Gaza and the Westbank are old - they don't fear death. In Gaza it is like the Soviet Union, you don't know who is and isn't a spy.

right1 and AroundTheWorld like this.
  10. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

11. Nook

Nook Member

I think there is likely some degree of truth to this. I don't think that it is as corrupt as you likely do - but there are certainly financially motivated and politically motivated people in the UN and we know a history of corruption. That doesn't excuse how any nation or group of people have acted, but no institution is above reproach - the Vatican and SCOTUS both have been corrupt at different points in time.

AkeemTheDreem86 likes this.
  12. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

Israel has no interest in Gaza, other than destroying Hamas.

13. Nook

Nook Member

Unless I missed it - Abbas has only said he would not use the label to describe Israel but offers no comment on Gaza and the Westbank being apartheid because he doesn't see it as constructive. At this point there is certain inequality in Israel, but it isn't an apartheid state within the traditional boundaries of Israel. It took awhile, but those Arabs not pushed out of Israel, were mostly given Israeli citizenship. They cannot be critical of certain Israeli policies, but that law extends to Jews as well. The issue, at least from my perspective is the Westbank and Gaza - where it is very hard to argue that apartheid hasn't and doesn't exist. Arabs living inside the traditional boundaries of Israel on average do worse than Jews, but their standard of living has improved and they have legal opportunities protected by the government of Israel.

right1 likes this.
  14. Nook

Nook Member

Yes - and I have a small gnome that lives in my shoes and dislikes Peruvians.

15. trustme

trustme Member

Really?

16. trustme

trustme Member

And again.

maypk likes this.
  17. trustme

trustme Member

Fake propaganda.

18. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

lol, suddenly all of Hamas are "civilians" - by sheer coincidence all fighting-age young men

lmao

19. basso

basso Member
    Supporting Member

IMG_3608.jpeg

20. trustme

trustme Member

I bet you find these dead kids funny too.