1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Lakers 12/2/2023

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Nov 30, 2023.

1. ExTexanNowEastCoast

Blame your Black boys? I dare you to go outside and say that to some Black boys.

We will look for your obituary in the Epoch Times.

gfab-babyboi and Roomba like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Sigh...Im just gonna go beat the Lakers on 2K, good night guys.

3. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

We go back and watch the Raptors from one season ago.

JayGoogle likes this.
  4. Salvy

Salvy Member

He misses his twin...

5. ThatBoyNick

ThatBoyNick Member

That may all be true

But you know what Smith was doing? Being placed on guys like Cam Reddish, because the coaching staff desperately tries to hide him from power players.

Smith is 6'10 210, he can't hold anybody because he's got a high ass with chicken legs underneath it. He's very young and will gain muscle, but he still should have some heart when he finds himself switched on stronger players. Look at Chet Holmgren's mentality with his pigeon chest.

6. ROCK3TM4N

ROCK3TM4N Member

Lololol

DeBeards, PeterKingX and Salvy like this.
  7. WestendMassive

Udoka seems short of breath. Must have just been holding Tari back from infiltrating the tunnel

Crashlanded19, ramotadab and sirjesse like this.
  8. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Okay but calling out his mistakes and saying he's had a bad game isn't "Reaves is a better player than Green."

Yes, you take Reaves over Green right now, today, because he had a better game than him. Do you take Reaves over Green in the first LAL game where Green tore that team to shreds and dropped 28 on 15 shots? Does that not matter or...?

My issue wasn't anyone saying Green played terribly, clearly he did, but the whole "Reaves is a better player than him, I'd take him over Green..." was a bit overboard. Reaves is a good bench player, he's a good team player, I'd take him over plenty of our bench guys...but my guess is Green is going to have a much better career than Reaves barring some major injury or other stupid off the court stuff.

ramotadab likes this.
  9. CantStopJG24

CantStopJG24 Member

Ironic considering you just labeled a player who averages 14/5/5 as a “hustle” player. Forget the scoring, the playmaking and ability to get to the rim, he’s a hustle player lol. How would I be unfamiliar with his game when I was the main one pushing the Rockets to sign him(which he said himself that he had an offer from them). Reaves was averaging 20 in the playoffs on elite shooting numbers but he’s a hustle player. Right.

10. ExTexanNowEastCoast

[​IMG]

11. OpportunityCost

Coach Sampson at UH has commented on this. When Taze Moore played for UH, I don't think I've seen another college player that can jump higher but Coach Sampson said he wasn't using his athleticism to impact winning - athleticism can be an advantage. That of course changed under CKS, but I wish Jalen would also utilize his hops for trying to block shots and getting rebounds too but I just think he's too immature.

12. WestendMassive

"To come in and get punked by a team that's not known for punking people is not a good sign"

Udoka is ****ing heated holy ****

13. Strobro235

Strobro235 New Member

Do you mean a bag of chips anyone that paints their nails is soft.

HardenReturns likes this.
  14. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I’ve grown tired of losing on the road

15. Roomba

Roomba Member
    Supporting Member

Some really nuanced and calm takes after a bad loss. Love it!

Can’t wait til we get a win and it’s sunshine and rainbows again, though

16. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

exactly - I always say how Jalen goes the Rockets go because FVV you can pencil his stats in , Sengun you can pencil his stats in - he’s a great hub but he hasn’t reached the point where him getting 35-40 points will win you a game … it’s up to Jalen to step up or move out the way … I wish Bari was more aggressive because he might be able to provide the steady 22-25+ more efficiently than Jalen.

Whitmore is a foul magnet and Jalen isn’t.. that might be something else to look at

17. WestendMassive

"Since we've achieved some success it looks like it's gone to some peoples heads."

Holy **** Udoka taking no prisoners

J.R. likes this.
  18. HardenReturns

HardenReturns Member

19. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Member
    Supporting Member

@Clutch can this guy finally be banned from this forum… he brings absolutely nothing but negativity and foulness

20. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Just a shitty game all around. Called it before the game. Said it over and over during the game. Might as well say it again: LeBron finished the game with no fouls. Managed to get our COACH ejected, but of course nothing on him. NBA officiating is a complete joke. It's hard to even take the league seriously it's so predictably bad.

cheke64 and HardenReturns like this.