1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Start Eason - bench Green

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DaDakota, Nov 29, 2023.

1. YaoMingsSoulja

I'd rather bench Dillon over Jalen. He's been a bit of a knucklehead these past few games, committing bad fouls and taking bad shots. Also, Eason brings a lot of what Dillon brings every night, without the chaos.

Don't get me wrong, I love what Dillon brings to the table, but Jalen always has a chance of breaking out in a game and putting up 30 any given night. Dillon won't do that, and neither will Eason. So, if you want to see more Eason, I'd say let him soak up some of Dillon's minutes.

2. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

Why does Jalen deserve anything? In a Meritocracy he shouldn't be starting - let the best man play, if Jalen wants to play more - he needs to work on his weaknesses....and you know....EARN IT......

Screw where you were drafted, best player plays, period...and Jalen ain't it.

DD

3. krosfyah

krosfyah Contributing Member

Literally no analyst and multiple threads here on CF had the Rockets somewhere between 33-38. If you had 44, you were an extreme outlier.

I'd love to dig out an old post from you where you predicted 44wins this season ...but ain't nobody got time for that. If you did publicly make such a proclamation, I'm going out on a limb that you got alotta pushback on that. lol.

Anyway, I agree that Green needs to be better. But I hope they don't give up on him yet. Give him another 10 games or so. And yes, Amen potentially changes the whole formula so even more reason to give it time. Plus Green's home/away stats are crazy inconsistent.

4. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

My problem with yall cats when it comes to Jalen is when yall point out obvious truths such as poor handles, poor left hand , and his low % at finishing at the rim , yall then turnaround and say things like he is a WIP at best.. Ridiculousness just to drive your point home..
    Apparently Ime doesn't think so and that's what counts right? It's amazing yall will say Ime will be great for the unemployed journeymen and borderline Gleaguers but as far as Jalen, nah , let's trade him .. He'll never get it ..

Rashmon, Bo6, BigMaloe and 3 others like this.
  5. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

He has some very good games, he just isn't consistent yet. I like how his defense has improved. I think benching him now would be an unnecessary demotion which would probably make things worse. But I am supportive of Tari playing more minutes, and some of those could come at the expense of Jalen when it's just not his day.

OnlyRockets and xaos like this.
  6. Rocketeer

Rocketeer Contributing Member

Eason/Brooks ain't it at the 2. We need dynamic scoring and would like to see Whitmore get some minutes.

7. DaDakota

Supporting Member

That isn't a meritocracy, either he can handle it or he can't and if he can't better to find out now.

Be down with that as well, give me COMPETITION - pressure creates diamonds!

DD

8. AroundTheWorld

AroundTheWorld Insufferable 98er
    Supporting Member

Yep lol. Sep. 22, 2023.

https://bbs.clutchfans.net/threads/...predictions-and-total-wins-prediction.320965/

Ha, re-reading that post reminded me that @Clutch predicted Sengun would play FEWER minutes this season than last, and that was after we missed out on Brook Lopez.

Never change.

comrade and whozee like this.
  9. DaDakota

Supporting Member

Ok ok, give yourself a reach around somewhere else sir......

DD

10. invocux

invocux Member

For some weird reason some of you are extremely high on Eason. His potential is the 6th man because he sucks on offense. He's Dillon Brooks without offense that's what he is. Dillon has a very good touch around the rim and he's overally a better bb player than Eason. Dillon also has higher bbiq. So i would rather play Green and hope for the best. Eason is an energy guy that we need in the 2nd unit.

11. rimrocker

rimrocker Contributing Member

Let's see, how many home games do we have left?

I kid, but I think we win 90% of those and we'll soon break through on the road, so I'll go up to 46 wins.

12. jim1961

jim1961 Member

The Rockets are not benching Green.

Get real.

edit: I think this is another DD shock value thread

#32 jim1961, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
  13. JW86

JW86 Member

Green somehow being the deficiency with Tari making it much better is I guess a way of looking at the current "issues" and starting lineup.

14. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Tari is averaging 7 pts a game but let's promote him to starter and punish green bc I still miss my man kpj.
    -double d.

Tari can b a starter eventually but it's not by him taking greens position, it makes no sense.

15. hajkov

hajkov Consummate Member

Cleverly disguised "KPJ is better than Green" thread

dmoneybangbang, IvanLCPM, Bo6 and 7 others like this.
  16. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

plegus, DaDakota and hajkov like this.
  17. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

Jalen IS consistent. He is consistently mediocre or bad on offense.

His good games are an aberration.

And not directed at you but I don't get why folks keep saying it's a road/home thing.
    If Jalen played so well at home then his lackluster overall play wouldn't even be noticeable since we've played more home games than anyone else in the league.

Rockets have only played on the road 6 times so far. They have played 9 games at home and Jalen has put up stinkers at home too.

18. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It would make a lot of sense to play Tari over Green, but there's no way they do it, at least not right now.

They want to delay the inevitable move of Green to the bench as long as they can because as soon as they do its admitting defeat.

So long as there is any hope whatsoever of salvaging Jalen, they'll keep him in the starting lineup no matter how he performs.

19. Plowman

Plowman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

To my way of thinking, that's the best starting five. It's the difference between winning and losing numerous games right now. That said, this needs to be balanced against torpedoing JG's trade value and giving him a little more time to develop / acclimate to a system.It's kind of a sticky wicket. But, I trust Ime to have a feel for the situation. Again, if the right deal is out there, I'd move him.

#39 Plowman, Nov 29, 2023
    Last edited: Nov 29, 2023
    dfbreyes, BamBam and DaDakota like this.
  20. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Lol you literally are. Our starting lineup has been very good this year, yes Jalen has earned that spot.

Tari does deserve more minutes though, I agree with that. I see him supplanting Brooks in the starting lineup by next season.

Bo6, xaos and Joe Joe like this.